BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2014 10:01 am  #81

Re: August: Osage County

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I really have no idea how to cope with all these feelings ... finding this video first thing on tumblr this morning. 

Oh, and since you can't cope with all these feelings, you come here straight away and hand those feelings over to the rest of us. Nice job!
But no, seriously... isn't he just heartbreakingly and drop-dead gorgeous...?

Still can't believe that there were times when I thought that he just was... ok... (?????)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 10:39 am  #82

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I really have no idea how to cope with all these feelings ... finding this video first thing on tumblr this morning. 

Oh, and since you can't cope with all these feelings, you come here straight away and hand those feelings over to the rest of us. Nice job!

Still can't believe that there were times when I thought that he just was... ok... (?????)

Yep. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to realize... well, you know.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 8, 2014 10:46 am  #83

SolarSystem wrote:

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I adore his acting... nothing more... of course...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 10:47 am  #84

But once you have realised it there is no way back. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2014 10:49 am  #85

Exhausting... especially if you have to stay calm in public...

(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 12:29 pm  #86

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

gently69 wrote:

You're a really bad liar Gently.  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 8, 2014 12:31 pm  #87

tonnaree wrote:

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

You're a really bad liar Gently.  *giggle*

Er... not convincing?

(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 12:37 pm  #88

Had the chance to watch it now... Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2014 7:43 pm  #89

From London tube:

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 9, 2014 7:48 pm  #90

I would have taken some tools and cut out a certain part to take home with me. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 9, 2014 7:52 pm  #91

There are enough posters like that in London to serve each of us 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 10, 2014 12:10 am  #92

Good review

http://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/movies/august-osage-county-movie-review/2014/01/08/56dc6404-7249-11e3-9389-09ef9944065e_story.html

"For my money, though, the best and most nuanced performances are those delivered by Julianne Nicholson, Benedict Cumberbatch and Chris Cooper, as the tale’s most tragic victims. "

Wish this would open in Atlanta already!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 10, 2014 4:48 pm  #93

Benedict's phone interview with Rock 100.5 station. The guy is quite desperately trying to get his questions squeezed in. 

http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=1681&c=8681&f=2294353

January 10, 2014 5:07 pm  #94

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2014 5:35 pm  #95

Here's The New York Times review:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/27/movies/august-osage-county-with-meryl-streep-and-julia-roberts.html?_r=0

This is what it says about Ben's performance: Benedict Cumberbatch, as a delicate cousin known as Little Charles, blinks his eyes and struggles with his accent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 31, 2014 8:40 am  #96

Aahh, I'm holding the German press kit in my hands right now, and there are only three actors portrayed on a double page: Streep, Roberts and Mister Cumberbatch. Interesting. Very interesting. And very nice.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 31, 2014 8:47 am  #97

They know a good thing when they see it. 

January 31, 2014 9:58 am  #98

SusiGo wrote:

They know a good thing when they see it. 

Yes, finally...

January 31, 2014 10:14 am  #99

shouldbestudying wrote:

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it.I thought Julia Roberts was brilliant. BC part was only small, but as we know he doesnt need loads of lines to portray a character 
There were LOL,gasps, tears and OMG moments. I recommend a viewing.
Has anyone else seen this yet? 

Really looking forward to it. But we have to wait until 6th of March in Germany. And then hopefully catch it in the original version somewhere.

(Tony Hadley)

January 31, 2014 11:23 pm  #100

I've just seen it, really enjoyed it but it was quite a sad tale.

None of the characters were particularly likeable, apart from ivy and little Charles, and his dad.

Ben was wonderful, he didn't get much air time but he stole the show when he was on screen. He was the only person to show heart, compassion and love. And without giving it away, I felt so sad for him.

Him singing too.....

I'm clueing for looks

Board footera