BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2013 1:22 pm  #61

Re: August: Osage County

I have no idea. From his POV it's a way to get known in Hollywood and to work with famous colleagues but as for the producer's choice - I don't really know. Or they think he's able to make the most of a supporting role. We know he can do very much with very little time. Just think of that scene in TTSS.

Last edited by SusiGo (June 25, 2013 1:22 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 23, 2013 6:53 pm  #62

Let's take this good old thread to post this good new interview.
Have a look!!

http://cumberlordfb.tumblr.com/post/67862441524/londonphile-benedict-cumberbatch-interview

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 13, 2013 4:23 pm  #63

On the soundtrack to be released on 7 Jan. there will be a song by Benedict. Here is a link to a preview.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9UHZSY/ref=dm_ws_sp_tlw_trk1_B00H9UHZSY 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 13, 2013 5:39 pm  #64

1:17. Sweet.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 13, 2013 8:19 pm  #65

What a coincidence, I just came across this... someone filmed it at a preview, and if you sit through the bad quality at the beginning, you will eventually hear and see Benedict sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSntzfy_oc&feature=youtu.be

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 28, 2013 11:36 am  #66

Another BC movie opens to mixed reviews:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-august-osage-county-movie-review-20131227,0,2278113.story#axzz2oeC7gpNd

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

December 28, 2013 1:13 pm  #67

Are there more mixed reviews or just this one?

December 28, 2013 1:38 pm  #68

This doesn't sound too good, but when it comes to Benedict I'm not really surprised about the 'wasted'... his part is probably just too small.
Nevertheless, I really want to see for myself whether it works (for me) or not.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 28, 2013 1:39 pm  #69

SusiGo wrote:

Are there more mixed reviews or just this one?

There was another review which quoted "mixed reviews", but I closed that window prematurely and now I can't find it again, sorry! I'm sure it will pop up again somewhere.

December 28, 2013 4:34 pm  #70

Here, have a look: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/august_osage_county/

You can access 61 reviews from this side, about 2/3 positive, 1/3 negative.

I'll try to watch it if it is shown around here, though family drama really isn't my cup of tea (got enough of that IRL).

December 28, 2013 8:45 pm  #71

I just always remember that a review is an opinion and opinions can differ wildly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 28, 2013 8:58 pm  #72

tonnaree wrote:

I just always remember that a review is an opinion and opinions can differ wildly.

From what trailers I've seen, the movie looks like a headache married to a toothache (all that family drama, fighting, bickering---- truly fugly stuff there, IMO)  So when I see it on DVD, I will only see it to watch Ben and listen to his attempt at an American accent, lol. Everything else will undoubtedly be a mess, in more ways than one.

December 28, 2013 11:31 pm  #73

ancientsgate wrote:

Everything else will undoubtedly be a mess, in more ways than one.

Well, that probably depends on what you consider to be 'a mess'. Some of my favourite movies have to do with family drama and a lot of bickering, so I really can't wait to see this one.

December 28, 2013 11:44 pm  #74

But 70% is a really good percentage for review rate. Very few movies score well above that. It is probably a more challenging move.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 30, 2013 10:54 am  #75

January 8, 2014 8:24 am  #76

This is very sweet:

http://deareje.tumblr.com/post/72638058938/benedict-cumberbatch-as-little-charles-in-august

Last edited by SusiGo (January 8, 2014 8:26 am)

January 8, 2014 9:38 am  #77

Oh yes, Susi...! Heartbreaking performance, I just can't...!
And he needs a hug...

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 8, 2014 9:44 am)

January 8, 2014 9:47 am  #78

I really have no idea how to cope with all these feelings ... finding this video first thing on tumblr this morning. 

January 8, 2014 9:50 am  #79

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh yes, Susi...! Heartbreaking performance, I just can't...!
And he needs a hug...

Oh...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 9:55 am  #80

SusiGo wrote:

I really have no idea how to cope with all these feelings ... finding this video first thing on tumblr this morning. 

Oh, and since you can't cope with all these feelings, you come here straight away and hand those feelings over to the rest of us. Nice job!
But no, seriously... isn't he just heartbreakingly and drop-dead gorgeous...?

Board footera