BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2012 3:06 pm  #1

August: Osage County

Benedict is in talks to talk part in the movie August: Osage County

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-meryl-streep-julia-roberts-365235

Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts co-star. That's MERYL STREEP & JULIA ROBERTS, people, two of the biggest movie stars around.  Can't get much better than that.

First thing I did was go to Wikipedia to find out about the play. It sounds like one of those classic family-get-together-where-secrets-are-revealed stories, but it did win a Pulitzer Prize, so it is presumably well-written. Here is the Wikipedia link for those who don't mind spoilers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August:_Osage_County

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 24, 2012 3:11 pm  #2

Re: August: Osage County

"Unemployed and clumsy" - er, would that be Benedict's part? But then we know how versatile he is. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 25, 2012 11:17 pm  #3

SusiGo wrote:

"Unemployed and clumsy"

*sees a montage of 'he doesn't get paid for this' (working for the Yard) and Sherlock falling in and out of bed*

So Benedict will basically play Sherlock in a crossover show? awesome! lol

August 31, 2012 6:55 am  #4

While searching for a good-morning-pic I found this German article.
It's from "Neue Presse", a local newspaper in Hanover. Just few km from where I live. Finally it's coming nearer... 

http://www.neuepresse.de/Menschen/Boulevard/Benedict-Cumberbatch-mit-Meryl-Streep-vor-der-Kamera

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 31, 2012 7:29 am  #5

That's great, Mattlocked. Maybe he'll finally get the recognition he deserves so we won't be an exotic species anymore (which can be quite nice though). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 8:48 pm  #6

Oooh, I'm sorry. I saw that play on Broadway and didn't enjoy it that much. Would be fun to hear one of Bennie's American accents, though.

September 13, 2012 4:33 pm  #7

A bit more info on the movie. No word yet in who is playing Ivy, the love interest of Benny's character

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/continuingcoverage/default.aspx/AugustOsage_County_to_film_in_Oklahoma/65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 13, 2012 6:16 pm  #8

Ewan McGregor has been confirmed as also being in this film. Brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 13, 2012 9:01 pm  #9

Davina wrote:

Ewan McGregor has been confirmed as also being in this film. Brilliant!

OMG!!!!!! 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 14, 2012 9:46 pm  #10

Oh, wow! Good for him
He's so successful now, it makes me proud.

Now I'm so cumberbatched, in the German article Mattlocked posted there is this photo gallery of Kate and William on the right side and I accidentally read "Spekulationen um Babybatch"  ...

September 14, 2012 9:50 pm  #11

So Ivy, you're Benedict's love interest?  Jealous!

September 16, 2012 6:31 pm  #12

----------

September 16, 2012 6:33 pm  #13

Sammy wrote:

So Ivy, you're Benedict's love interest?  Jealous!

Sorry you had to find out this way!

But I'd like to be also Ewans love interest!

----------

September 22, 2012 8:57 pm  #14

Filming starts on Monday straight after the Emmys.

Details here :
Locals hope to serenade, catch a peak of Hollywood stars in 'August: Osage County'

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 28, 2012 7:00 pm  #15

First photo taken on the set of his new film. Please observe the Sherlock curls coming through.

Last edited by SusiGo (September 28, 2012 7:00 pm)

September 28, 2012 8:19 pm  #16

You are again stalking the Batch! I don't believe it! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 28, 2012 8:29 pm  #17

I didn't stalk him. Or do you think I took that picture? If only. 

September 28, 2012 8:41 pm  #18

SusiGo wrote:

First photo taken on the set of his new film. Please observe the Sherlock curls coming through.

Dare we hope--- his natural hair color?  TPTB didn't make him that stupid unfortunate blond color again, thank GOD. Or slick his hair down with goop.

Last edited by ancientsgate (September 28, 2012 8:44 pm)

September 28, 2012 8:43 pm  #19

Ivy wrote:

AN AMERICAN ACCENT??  Be still, my heart. I cannot believe this. I can't wait to hear/see how he does in this one. Lots and lots of Big Stars in this movie, which is bound to get all kinds of attention here in the States anyway. Yay! Good for Ben's career.

September 28, 2012 10:38 pm  #20

Very interested to hear his American accent as well If it's a Southern accent...oh god. I don't care for the American accent but Southern is the worst - no offense if anyone has one.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

Board footera