BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2012 10:35 am  #1

Benedict to appear on 1 Show

Benedict will be on The One Show (UK BBC 1 7pm) promoting Parades End

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 23, 2012 10:58 am  #2

Re: Benedict to appear on 1 Show

Ooo is that tonight? I shall try and catch it. If not maybe I-player.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 23, 2012 11:20 am  #3

Sorry Davina, it's tomorrow I believe. I'd have been clearer first time if I hadn't been in such a rush to do something else after posting.

Apologies

August 23, 2012 11:37 am  #4

No worries mate. Gosh I must have been mixing with too many Aussies of late!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 23, 2012 11:49 am  #5

August 23, 2012 6:15 pm  #6

tomorrow!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 23, 2012 7:39 pm  #7

Yay!  Can't wait to see this.  I'm curious about if he changed his hair after finishing filming 'Twelve Years a Slave'. 

August 24, 2012 12:11 am  #8

Have they finished filming that already? Seems like the guy has just been moving from project to project to project. Wonder if he's managed to sleep in his own bed this year at all?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 24, 2012 4:48 am  #9

This isn't a recorded programme. It goes out live every weekday evening on BBC1.

August 24, 2012 5:54 am  #10

I was meaning Twelve Years a Slave

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 24, 2012 7:06 am  #11

Oh! I get you now. Yes busy boy. But work is always good for an actor.

August 24, 2012 8:44 pm  #12

He looks ridiculously gorgeous!

And he is a massive troll, isn't he? "Who are you playing, Benedict?" - "Er... this guy."
Or his answer to the Sherlock question

August 24, 2012 9:45 pm  #13

Woo Hoo!  He sits on his right leg exactly the same way I do!  And my husband makes fun of me.....

No need to remind anyone, but lord, does Ben have lovely skin - especally that throat - as has been well noted by all us fangirls

Thanks for posting this!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 24, 2012 11:08 pm  #14

LOL   KP, did you also listen while watching? 
Thank you so much for posting, Sammy! I missed a lot watching it the first time. Got much more this time!
Cumberfact or cumberfiction? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 24, 2012 11:54 pm  #15

I really didn't have a good day, but I just watched this on YouTube and it made it much better. 

He is just such a refreshingly charming and polite person. So relaxing to listen to his interviews when some other people in your life are inpolite and annoying, makes you believe that this sort of intelligent and elegant person still exists in our weird world.

What he said about Parade's End sounded really interesting, I'm so looking forward to actually watching it!

And I think he handled the whole posh-discussion very smartly. One can just hope that people leave him alone now finally.

Too bad he couldn't say anything about Sherlock, but then again, I didn't think he would, I guess it's just way too early for that. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?
Molly: What do you need?
Sherlock: You.

August 25, 2012 3:08 pm  #16

Wow he looked lovely. Just saw photos, I have to watch the interview when I'm back home.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 25, 2012 8:19 pm  #17

Yes, he looked absolutely great. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 25, 2012 10:24 pm  #18

I kinda feel like they only invented the whole cumberfiction game to ask him about the latest rumours...

Also, this "blind" sport sounds absolutely amazing! Will totally try to watch that when it's on. ;)

August 26, 2012 1:50 pm  #19

Just caught this on I-player. Thought it was great that they gave him an opportunity to deal with all the Downton Abbey, class and going to USA nonsense that has been going on in the press recently. Looking great and my word he is a bit of a fidget. So he is also a big track and field fan too.

August 26, 2012 2:31 pm  #20

He really looked lovely! And I'm also glad that he cleared up those stupid stupid rumours

--------------------------------------------------
Crime in Progress. Please Disturb.

Board footera