BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2015 5:53 pm  #41

Re: Inseparable (short film, 2007)

Really lovely acting.  I saw this a couple of days ago on Youtube and was really impressed with it.  I think it would have potential to be expanded into a longer form film but it doesn't have to be.  It really packs a wallop as a short.  I love how the camera just lingers on him (as both men) in the transformation scenes. 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

January 23, 2016 12:18 am  #42

I just got to watch this.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but despite not even being the full 11 minutes it really pulled on my heart.  I didn't cry, but was definitely moved.  Good acting.

I realize this is kind of an old thread, so obviously you probably won't have anything new to discuss with me, but I had to post my thoughts.

In an earlier post (I think it was tonnaree) it was suggested that he did this more for the kid than the wife.  That could be possible.  I wasn't really thinking of him doing it for his wife or his kid specifically, just his family in general.

Someone asked what the point of doing it was if the wife knew right away, someone suggested she was in on it....
I don't think she was in on it, since she seemed surprised.  Because the two guys look the same, I have a feeling they didn't think she'd notice, at least not immediately and before any words were spoken.

Also, everyone has already mentioned the crying scene in the car as being quite moving, but was anybody else really moved by the shot of the brother walking away, probably never to be seen again? That one really got me.

Now, it would seem that they probably at this point will never make this is into a feature-length, or at least a longer, film.  I think that could have been interesting.  And while I felt even this could have maybe used with one more scene, I think it does a good job with what it includes and a longer version could have ruined that, so if this is all we got I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Clueing for looks.

January 23, 2016 8:25 am  #43

I love it and still need to show my mother the film.
I think she will love it, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera