BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2012 7:02 pm  #1

Sherlock Holmes fans were the Original Groupies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 21, 2012 9:36 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Holmes fans were the Original Groupies

Great details on the way the research was done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 22, 2012 6:08 am  #3

Very nice article. And "Mountstuart Elphinstone Grant Duff" - what a name. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 22, 2012 7:00 am  #4

Didn't notice the name until you pointed it out. Mountstuart Elphinstone was a Scottish statesman and historian who is associated with the British government of India. Grant is a Gaelic name.

For more information about Mountstuart Elphinstone:

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountstuart_Elphinstone

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera