BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2012 6:59 pm  #1

Holmes & Watson: Madrid Days

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 21, 2012 7:09 pm  #2

Re: Holmes & Watson: Madrid Days

Wish I could speak Spanish. Watched the trailer but couldn't work out what they were saying. So they visit Madrid on the trail of Jack (is that Jack The Ripper?). We need the help of Irene!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 21, 2012 11:50 pm  #3

.. will translate as soon as I get to see the clip! *sloooooooooooooow internet connection*

August 22, 2012 6:24 am  #4

The music and the opening credits remind me of the Guy Ritchie films. Holmes seems to be considerably older than in those films and "Sherlock". As for the rest we'll have to wait for the explanations of our Spanish-speaking members. Thanks very much in advance.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 22, 2012 7:03 am  #5

What's up doc? Waiting with bated breath.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 22, 2012 11:09 am  #6

you gotta be kiddin' me - just lost the whole post!

Anyway, in short we do not hear anything truly spectacular - Watson and Holmes traveling to Madrid to investigate a gruesome murder, possibly by Jack the Ripper.

Some funny bantering at the dinner and with the lady but nothing too significant. I will translate word by word if I find a transcript, my connection is still quite bad.

So far the trailer hasn't been received too enthusiastically. The director José Luis Garci has made great movies in the past but it's been a while.

However, the slow pacing is surely quite a difference to the recent adaptions..

August 22, 2012 11:53 am  #7

So Jack went from Whitechapel to Madrid, perhaps. An unusual choice.

August 22, 2012 11:31 pm  #8

"Cuando has descartado lo imposible, lo que queda, aunque improbable, tiene que ser cierto."

lol

September 17, 2012 10:44 am  #9

Another article about Garcis' Sherlock Holmes:

www.iberosphere.com/20122/09/spain-news-jose-luis-garcis-sherlock-holmes-6827

Board footera