BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2012 8:33 pm  #81

Re: My today's tiny contribution to the Sherlock fandom...

I live far away from Salzburg but in my area the Sherlock fans stay hidden as well.
Anyway, I couldn't resist doing this after a hiking tour that week.

--------------------------------------------------
Crime in Progress. Please Disturb.

August 4, 2012 8:08 am  #82

Well done, Chrissi. That's the spirit

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 13, 2012 8:57 am  #83

And now for my 1,266 holiday photos. Just joking, this one's from Austria, a little Sherlock souvenir on a rock:

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 13, 2012 9:01 am  #84

Looks great!!  Edding? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 13, 2012 9:04 am  #85

Exactly. Bit difficult to write on the rough surface. (Edding is a well-known permanent marker in Germany).

August 13, 2012 9:44 am  #86

So this is our entry in the summit register of Traweng mountain (1,984 metres):

August 13, 2012 6:14 pm  #87

Very well done, Susi and Lena!
@=at=AT ("Austria") 
What a shame that the Traweng is 89 m too high...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 13, 2012 6:17 pm  #88

It's a shame there wasn't one with the correct height in the vicinity … but we came quite close 

August 13, 2012 10:09 pm  #89

tobeornot221b wrote:

Very well done, Susi and Lena!
@=at=AT ("Austria") 
What a shame that the Traweng is 89 m too high...

That was my first thought when she told me about it last week! Wrong height! 

August 14, 2012 6:20 am  #90

Then get me a 1,895 metres mountain and I'll climb it 

Some ideas: Wielki Giemont in the Tatra mountains (Poland), Mount Narodnaya (Russia), Mount Hansen (Antarctica).

Not exactly my choice of holiday locations, guys 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 14, 2012 10:02 am)

August 14, 2012 10:49 am  #91

SusiGo wrote:

I went to Salzburg today in my Sherlocked t-shirt which nobody seemed to recognise but I wore it proudly.

I find that Sherlock gear is a wonderful ice breaker and people screener. If people who see me wearing my Sherlock wear do not get it or are not enthralled with it, I can conclude that they are inconsequential riff raff   On the other hand, if someone approaches me enthusiastically and talks Sherlock, I know I have met someone worth knowing. 

Life is so simple

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

August 14, 2012 11:28 am  #92

Oh SP that did make me laugh! 'Inconsequential riff raff'...

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 12:12 pm  #93

Infallible method, SP. Alas, I'm still waiting to meet the non-riff raff who recognise AND appreciate my shirts …

September 22, 2012 1:54 pm  #94

Today I thought it was time to leave another message in a book store:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 22, 2012 2:09 pm  #95

tobeornot221b wrote:

Today I thought it was time to leave another message in a book store:

Well done, tobe! Keep spreading the faith! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 22, 2012 2:09 pm  #96

Good girl!
I was planning the same last time when I was at our book store - but I couldn't find a Sherlock Holmes book. 
And then I didn't have Post-its with me, so I wonder: do you take those which they often sell there or do you bring your own? 

September 22, 2012 2:15 pm  #97

I would bring my own - mostly I have them ready in my phone bag.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 22, 2012 2:22 pm  #98

I though so. It was just an idea. In case you forgot you'd find there anything you need. Paper, pens... 
One day I would like to go to your bookstore and leave secret messages everywhere - and then wait for your next post here. 

September 22, 2012 2:27 pm  #99

We should go together - that would be so much fun!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 22, 2012 2:44 pm  #100

That reminds me of our planned meeting on the moon.

Board footera