BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2012 12:21 pm  #1

Jelly Babies To Manual! (Find The Lemon - Treasure Hunt Game)

"It's Canon"

The above section of our forum has been infiltrated by 10 Travelling Lemons.

If you find them could you message them to me please?

Thanks!

**Disclaimer: no posts have been permanently damaged by this game of Travelling Lemons; all posts will return to their original state at the end of this game.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (September 6, 2012 7:05 pm)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 16, 2012 12:37 pm  #2

Re: Jelly Babies To Manual! (Find The Lemon - Treasure Hunt Game)

Oh, I'm off to Cologne for the afternoon. Leave one for me, folks 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2012 12:45 pm  #3

Don't forget the lemon picture in front of the DOM! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 16, 2012 12:47 pm  #4

Hey, Kazza, do you think we have no own LIFE??

Well, here's the first lemon: 

Davina wrote:

An article about Sherlock Holmes tools of deduction, particularly the microscope and the magnifying glass.

This won't give a direct link, I don't know why but it will take you to the smithsonian lemon mag home page and for there it can be searched

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/design/2012/07/where-sherlock-holmes-popular-image-came-from/?

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/post.php?tid=1512&qid=22407

August 16, 2012 11:28 pm  #5

whatcha talkin' bout, dearie?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 17, 2012 4:23 am  #6

Mattlocked wrote:

Hey, Kazza, do you think we have no own LIFE??

Well, here's the first lemon: 

Davina wrote:

An article about Sherlock Holmes tools of deduction, particularly the microscope and the magnifying glass.

This won't give a direct link, I don't know why but it will take you to the smithsonian lemon mag home page and for there it can be searched

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/design/2012/07/where-sherlock-holmes-popular-image-came-from/?

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/post.php?tid=1512&qid=22407

Ohh ty ty. I was needing a lemon, just in time to make a lemon tart.

Mattlocked scores 1 lemon.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 17, 2012 9:11 pm  #7

Nobody?? Come on, it's not that difficult.

Here e.g. is another one:

kazza474 wrote:

My dear Watson :
... Indeed, if I may make a full confession to you, I was quite convinced that the lemon letter from Meiringen was a hoax, and I allowed you to depart on that errand under the persuasion that some development of this sort would follow.

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=575

August 18, 2012 1:40 am  #8

Oh  so we're supposed to find the word LEMON  as it was used in the canon stories?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 18, 2012 2:07 am  #9

Skitty

This game originates from Cabin Pressure, the radio play that Benedict stars in. Discussion about this play can be found HERE.
Here are the rules as played in the play:
DOUGLAS: Not come across the Travelling Lemon, Martin, in all your professional experience? Well, player one strolls through a full passenger cabin, chatting to the adoring public of this or that topic of interest, and as he goes, he casually secretes somewhere where it can still be clearly seen, a lemon or other citrus fruit, as mutually agreed by the players and referees before match play commences, but I’m a traditionalist and favour a lemon.

So to adapt it here, I have 'hidden' lemons in posts already posted here. I secretly edited the posts & added the word 'lemon' somewhere. It's a treasure hunt type game & there are 10 all together to be found.

Mattlocked, you're streaking ahead here & have found 2 of them.

8 lemons left to find!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 6, 2012 7:05 pm  #10

^^ Bump for the lemon game ^^ 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 6, 2012 7:16 pm  #11

Ha, got one! 

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I just finished The Five Orange LEMON Pips, and didn't make the connection to the pips in TGG until I read of it in another thread in this forum.  (Thanks, Davina!)  It took me longer to figure out that pips means seeds than it did the meaning of the three letters that are so important to this story.  I found the story's end somewhat unsatisfying as it didn't really explain much.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 22, 2012 2:51 pm  #12

By mistake just found another one. You read and think "WTF?!" 

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=30440#p30440

"Judgement was passed down today from the Royal Courts of Justice which quashed the planning permission granted by the local lemon council for the Grade 2 listed building to be demolished and replaced by 8 separate dwellings. ....."

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 22, 2012 2:52 pm)

Board footera