BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2012 10:18 am  #1

Gatiss, Moffat and Vertue at TV festival in Copenhagen on 16.August

Just seen on tumblr...

http://tvfestival.dk/session/sherlock-holmes-i-det-21-%C3%A5rhundrede

GREAT, that's today. So we still have 2 1/2 hours to fly to Copenhagen. That's 1 hour flight from Berlin, so no problem!

Mark on Twitter:
"None of the bicycles in Copenhagen are locked up. Now that's culture shock. " 

Let's pray there will be at least one person who can post some photos or videos later.   

Last edited by Ivy (August 16, 2012 10:33 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 16, 2012 10:22 am  #2

Re: Gatiss, Moffat and Vertue at TV festival in Copenhagen on 16.August

There should be a flight from Düsseldorf or Cologne as well. So that would make two of us  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2012 10:25 am  #3

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 16, 2012 10:31 am  #4

SusiGo wrote:

There should be a flight from Düsseldorf or Cologne as well. So that would make two of us  .

O.K. let's meet 3 p.m. at the Tivoli 

----------

August 16, 2012 12:03 pm  #5

I'll take the plane from Hanover!
Ooops - 3 p.m. .... hm.......   Douglas! Any idea for me to solve this problem??

August 16, 2012 12:20 pm  #6

Mattlocked wrote:

I'll take the plane from Hanover!
Ooops - 3 p.m. .... hm.......   Douglas! Any idea for me to solve this problem??

Well it starts at 3.45 but I thought we might need some time to freshen up. 

We need to invite them to Germany!

----------

August 18, 2012 10:55 am  #7

Here's the video of the one hour interview, yeah!!!!

http://video.tvfestival.dk/?poditemid=18548&tagsid=1478&soegeord=

----------

August 18, 2012 6:41 pm  #8

Wow, that was fun, and with a lot of good Reichenbach info at the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

August 18, 2012 8:36 pm  #9

Well worth watching--lots of extended clips from the show with interesting information about the show and the characters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

August 19, 2012 9:56 am  #10

Yes, interesting insights into the creation of the show. And I liked Mark's comment on Benedict's "sweet little nose". 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 19, 2012 10:26 am  #11

Found this and wonder why I have to think of tobe while watching. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y2LLs3xGUk

August 19, 2012 10:36 am  #12

Maybe there's one of her tiny contributions in there.

August 19, 2012 10:55 am  #13

@Mattlocked and SusiGo:
Unfortunately, there are none of my "creations" in this clip…
I just hope someone for whom my notes are no incomprehensible and somewhat superfluous post-its will notice them. If I spotted one of that kind round here it surely would make my day!
(But so far, I haven't seen anything like this.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 19, 2012 11:14 am  #14

Fetchinketch wrote:

Wow, that was fun, and with a lot of good Reichenbach info at the end.

Wasn't it though?
The first parts were really just revision for me, but the last part had some good insights. I especially enjoyed the description of Moriarty (in relation to his updating) which I couldn't put into words as much as I tried to explain how he was just purely insane. They describe him as ' an update being that he is akin to a suicide bomber - he doesn't value his own life'. That hit the nail right on the head for me.
The debunking & their amusement about some theories also gave me a good chuckle. Not that the mighty theorists will ever accept anything so ordinary,lol.

I must remember to send Sue some new blouses however. Those sleeves are drastic on her.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 19, 2012 1:30 pm  #15

'Love between deranged people' along with Moriarty killing himself, 'To prove a point' along with having the same mind-set as a suicide bomber were revealing insights. Also the comparison of Sherlock and Mycroft's relationship with Frasier and Nils was something that had struck me too, including the likelihood of the normality of their upbringing and yet them both being off-the-wall characters and intellects.

That first scene where John and Sherlock first meet still gives me goose pimples when I watch it.

Last edited by Davina (August 19, 2012 1:30 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 19, 2012 2:00 pm  #16

Oh yes Davina, the Frasier/Nils thing was well put and I had often thought their childhood was probably ordinary.
So many want to 'diagnose' every twitch these characters have. This is so good to get some verification from Moftiss that I am not on the wrong track.

I actually skipped through the videos, I wanted to hear the interview not watch what I know off by heart, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 19, 2012 2:03 pm  #17

kazza474 wrote:

I actually skipped through the videos, I wanted to hear the interview not watch what I know off by heart, lol.

??? Something must be wrong with you!! I'm worried................ 

August 19, 2012 2:04 pm  #18

Mattlocked wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

??? Something must be wrong with you!! I'm worried................ 

Why?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 19, 2012 2:51 pm  #19

You skipped the scenes! You didn't want to watch them: Can it possibly be too often? Naaa.... 

August 21, 2012 8:00 pm  #20

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, interesting insights into the creation of the show. And I liked Mark's comment on Benedict's "sweet little nose". 

Tonight I felt like watching the Pilot again. Just a picture to prove that nose thing - Ben's apparently a complete miscast  :

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera