BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2012 8:01 pm  #1

GQ magazine article

Sherlock's fake death by Charlie Burton in GQ Magazine. The 5 most likely theories for how he faked his death.

www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2012-08/11/sherlock-holmes-bbc-fake-death

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 12:49 am  #2

Re: GQ magazine article

This seems to summarize the basic theme of the major theories on the fall pretty nicely. I bet the answer is some combination of them, though a Holmes mask seems a bit of a stretch. This isn't Mission Impossible or Scooby Doo...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 14, 2012 1:07 am  #3

OMG I can't believe all our theories have now been summarised in a magazine. LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 14, 2012 2:21 am  #4

I concur with Wholocked - not only has all the 'serious fandom' theories been summarized in a magazine, but that magazine is GQ of all place!

It seems like only yesterday that older Sherlockians would discuss the imminent 'death' of Sherlock Holmes culture due to the 'graying' of the scions and the lack of new blood to take their place. Amazing how quickly things can change in two years.

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

August 14, 2012 6:33 pm  #5

What I would like to see with these sorts of articles are the major evidence referenced in each theory. That makes it much easier to try to sort them out, at least for me. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 31, 2012 7:22 pm  #6

Some of these theories are quite unlikely. I don't think he trew Moriarty's corpse down, because we can see him leaning forward and it doesn't look like someone dead. Whatever they did to save Sherlock happened behind this garage. In my opinion the 4. theory is the most likely one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

August 31, 2012 8:38 pm  #7

Good thought Ronnie. I have been to Erfurt by the way. The town is very pretty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 1, 2012 11:40 am  #8

Thank you. Someting else: If the solution were this Baskerville-drug theory, the fandom would probably terrorize Moftiss for creating such a coward.
PS I don't like Erfurt that much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

October 7, 2012 12:03 pm  #9

Coward?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera