BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2012 6:43 pm  #1

American fan of all British crime shows

I don't think I'll read all 1800+ introductions. But introducing myself is good for my ego.

I love the new Sherlock series. I love the main stars and guest stars, also Lestrade and Molly. Very good actors for those parts. They all come across as real. I adore Andrew Scott's Moriarty.

I'm in New Mexico, god knows why, & live in a forest above Albuquerque at 7200 ft elevation. Yes, there is plenty of air up here. And Albuquerque NM is high desert the same elevation as Denver--mile high.

From back east, Washington DC area, I moved to Las Vegas NV by running off with a guy I knew for 2 weeks. I loved LV, stayed there & married him and had two more kids to go with my 2 other kids from my first marriage. All four of my kids were boys and I have about 9 grandkids more or less--only 2 or which are girls.   

I moved to NM because my 3rd husband wanted to built me a house. (He died in 2009 at age 61. He was the love of my life for 22 yrs.) And his mother lived here. (I had about a zillion people in my family and he had one brother, one cousin, an a niece and nephew. Talk about tiny families...)

I'm a writer. Blogger. PhD in Metaphyics. Compulsive talker and general know-it-all who thinks I'm smarter than most everyone else.  My job history was police department support, & home care and hospice.

Plus I can't read a post on here without wanting to comment on it.

Last edited by SandraNM (August 9, 2012 6:51 pm)

August 9, 2012 7:03 pm  #2

Re: American fan of all British crime shows

Welcome, Sandra, nice to have you with us. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 9, 2012 10:04 pm  #3

Hello Sandra from the rarified air. Hope you have loads of fun here on the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 9, 2012 11:49 pm  #4

hello Sandra the talker!!   Talk all you want,  we love it.  1800 + introductions?  how did you come up with that number?  you're right, I'm sure.  So far I've "met" about half of the entries here.   we are the nicest bunch of sherlockians that you can ever hope to talk with.   Yeah, that's what we call ourselves here.   You've led a pretty charmed life, if I may say so.  Welcome!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 10, 2012 12:36 am  #5

τὰ μετὰ τὰ φυσικά? Nice!

Welcome, you will feel right at home!

August 10, 2012 1:25 am  #6

Welcome Sandra! Good to have you here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 10, 2012 6:25 am  #7

Hello Sandra. Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll have lots of fun here and looking forward to your contributions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 10, 2012 6:49 pm  #8

Welcome to the forum! You have quite a life story there. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 11, 2012 12:31 am  #9

Sandra, welcome! Sorry I just got around to this. Somehow I missed your introduction earlier.

Comment all you like. That's what we do!

August 11, 2012 3:29 am  #10

Welcome Sandra! Lots of fun stuff here and fun people, too. Enjoy! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 12, 2012 6:50 am  #11

Hi Sandra, I can tell by your intro that you are going to have so much fun on this forum! We are all ages from teenagers through to oldies like me. It's all good clean fun, enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 15, 2012 12:44 pm  #12

Hi Sandra...nice to meet you. I passed through Albuquerque last year doing Route 66. Unusual place. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera