BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



September 12, 2012 12:23 pm  #61


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Likewise those who act in soaps who have weirdos, who cannot differentiate between fantasy and fiction, real life and make-believe, verbally and sometimes even physically abusing them. Those in the public eye, not even ones we would normally regard as celebrities as such, are in some people's mind in public ownership and fair game for anything. Frankly, they are not.

I find that people who act in such outrageous ways towards others are often deeply troubled themselves. This is a reason for what they do not an excuse. These are exactly the same sort of people who bully people generally. This sort of cyber-bullying is not restricted to celebrities alone but is widespread and a complete menace both to individuals and society in general.

If someone has a logical argument to make then they should make it in a well thought out, reasoned and respectful way. Someone like Steven Moffat who is not, as far as I am aware, guilty of genocide or any other crime of such enormity, just does not deserve to be the brunt of such cowardly, personal attacks.

Perhaps Steven will consider an episode of Doctor Who about the witch trials (take your pick as to which one). How apt that would be.

Last edited by Davina (September 12, 2012 12:26 pm)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

September 12, 2012 2:06 pm  #62


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

kazza474 wrote:

Why do woman have to play this ' I want to be equal' game? If you want to be equal, shut up & get on with life!

But in true 21st century style people keep jumping on old, retired bandwagons because they don't have the tenacity to make one of their own.

Some are really "obsessed" by the idea of belonging to a discriminated group. The reasons vary. So it's not easy to criticize them. He/she can be quite quick, thinking "Ah, that's only because I'm a woman", "Of course, because I'm blonde", "...because I am only the trainee", "...because I am overweight", "... because I'm black" and so on........
I think mostly it's a lack of self-confidence they have to work on!
Someone posted a similar thing somewhere here in another tread regarding criticizing "Elementary". When you do that, you are of course either a misogynist or hostile to foreigners. Just because Joan Watson is female and has Taiwanese roots.

That's why I stopped reading the blogger's post because I felt she was kind of overreacting on simple jokes.
A while ago jokes about blondes were very common here. So (as a blonde) I could have walked around being angry and offended.....or telling those jokes myself - what I did.
I don't care much if I make a mistake and some guy tells me: "Tsss, women!!" I confess I tell my male colleagues the same from time to time. "MEN!!"  Of course it depends how and to whom you say things like that.....


And second my thoughts were: If you like a series (movies, books, whatever) and it runs quite a long time, it can happen that after a while you don't like it as much as in the beginning!? Still no reason to blame the author/producer - or at least not in such an offending, subjective way.

And yes, it's very sad that a few mad people can ruin all the joy of things the majority has. But unfortunately it's the same wherever you look.

Internet: Another favourite forum of mine has almost been closed a while ago because one or two members couldn't behave. The mod. got angry and very disappointed about them and she felt like she didn't want to keep up that forum any longer.
Job: When going to /working on a trade fair we could go out for dinner in the evening, eat and drink what we liked. One or two guys couldn't stop themselves and ordered very expensive whiskey and drank the whole night through. Since that happened all of us are only allowed to spend a fixed, small amount on some food and one non-alcoholic drink.

We were allowed to use the internet and e-mail during work time. Some few employees misused it; so now it's forbidden for all of us.

Could go on like this for hours............

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 12, 2012 2:18 pm)


__________________________________

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan
 

September 13, 2012 2:32 am  #63


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

I have said from the beginning that I don't enjoy DW under Moffat as much as I did under RTD. I find Matt Smiths Doctor lacks depth and character and is extremely frivolous. But that's just because I'm comparing him with Eccleston & Tenant's Doctors, which both had a darker, deeper characterisation. I find Moffat's season-arcs to be obvious and poorly executed. It's because of this that I refused to watch Sherlock until well after Season 2 had aired.

Personally, I just think Moffat works better under someone else's direction rather than being the show runner himself.

However, regardless of what you think about the quality of his work, or comparisons with others like RTD, the level of trolling and outright threats he received on Twitter was outrageous. No-one should receive communication like that just because you happen to disagree with the way they're doing their job.

Also, Amanda Abbington has since received trolling & death threat tweets. Also, Caitlin Blackwood (who played the young Amelia Pond) is also being bullied on Twitter and she is TWELVE YEARS OLD.

It's disgusting.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdmfsd8LI11rs9hrro1_400.gif
 

September 13, 2012 2:43 am  #64


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

kazza474 wrote:

History of the misogynist tag worn by Moffat.
The latest & loudest misogynist tag came soon after Scandal aired; a British journalist published THIS in the Guardian on 3rd January this year. There was a huge response from both sides, Moffat was asked about it in several interviews & chat shows & most thought hopefully it has died down for a while.
I agree with some things she said but the conclusions and interpretations she drew from this were frankly those of a hysterical woman.

Why do woman have to play this ' I want to be equal' game? If you want to be equal, shut up & get on with life!

But in true 21st century style people keep jumping on old, retired bandwagons because they don't have the tenacity to make one of their own.

Things don't change by shutting up. And we have a lot to change. Not referring to Moffat but in general.

Maybe the fact people keep talking about Moffat is old but feminism isn't.


----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."
 

September 13, 2012 6:49 am  #65


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Depends what you mean by feminism. A lot of people who nowadays call themselves feminists (and I don't mean 'all', just a lot) are pushing for women to have more rights than men, not equal rights. They assert their rights because they're a woman but don't have any issue with men being squashed in order to give them what they see as their due. Young women are becoming self-righteous, entitled, emasculating little bitches if you ask me ;)

ETA: Yes, I'm a woman. Yes, I believe in equality. But I believe in equality for ALL, not just some and certainly not just women.

Last edited by Wholocked (September 13, 2012 6:49 am)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdmfsd8LI11rs9hrro1_400.gif
 

September 13, 2012 6:59 am  #66


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Wholocked wrote:

Depends what you mean by feminism. A lot of people who nowadays call themselves feminists (and I don't mean 'all', just a lot) are pushing for women to have more rights than men, not equal rights. They assert their rights because they're a woman but don't have any issue with men being squashed in order to give them what they see as their due. Young women are becoming self-righteous, entitled, emasculating little bitches if you ask me ;)

ETA: Yes, I'm a woman. Yes, I believe in equality. But I believe in equality for ALL, not just some and certainly not just women.

Amen to that. Equality is the word!
Some women/girls are trying too hard. Just be youself and don't let yourself get screwed over.


----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151103/cun4b2f8.png

 
 

September 13, 2012 7:43 am  #67


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/9504232/640/9504232.png


----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151103/cun4b2f8.png

 
 

September 13, 2012 7:56 am  #68


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Depends also what you mean by 'equality'. If 'equality' equates to 'same' then we simply are not. If 'equality' means equality of opportunity and in treatment then that is a different matter. All people have the right to that regardless of gender, race, creed etc.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

September 13, 2012 6:29 pm  #69


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Wholocked wrote:

Depends what you mean by feminism. A lot of people who nowadays call themselves feminists (and I don't mean 'all', just a lot) are pushing for women to have more rights than men, not equal rights. They assert their rights because they're a woman but don't have any issue with men being squashed in order to give them what they see as their due. Young women are becoming self-righteous, entitled, emasculating little bitches if you ask me ;)

ETA: Yes, I'm a woman. Yes, I believe in equality. But I believe in equality for ALL, not just some and certainly not just women.

Yes, that is what I believe as well. Feminism to me is wanting equal rights for all genders and sexes. Yes, some take it too far but people take things too far in every aspect of life.

Davina wrote:

Depends also what you mean by 'equality'. If 'equality' equates to 'same' then we simply are not. If 'equality' means equality of opportunity and in treatment then that is a different matter. All people have the right to that regardless of gender, race, creed etc.

This is definitely what I mean. Opportunities/treatment. Ex. Women still get paid less than men with the same job title/position in the US (not sure about other countries). I don't want women to make more than men. Sex/gender shouldn't come into play when determining a salary. Neither should race, ethnicity, etc, but you know what I mean.

Ivy wrote:

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/9504232/640/9504232.png

LOL!! Good one ;)


----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."
 

September 13, 2012 7:13 pm  #70


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Ivy wrote:

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/9504232/640/9504232.png

Yeah, because it will be of course: "JOHN, IT'S ME!"   


__________________________________

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan
 

September 13, 2012 7:55 pm  #71


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Here we have Equal Pay legislation.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

September 14, 2012 3:43 am  #72


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

In Australia, women still get paid significantly less pay for the same position as men.

Welcome to the Past!

 

September 14, 2012 4:12 am  #73


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

I have made a thread to separate the Twitter chat from the Equality chat

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=29078#p29078

Please continue that conversation there & keep the Twitter conversation here.


____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey
     Thread Starter
 

September 15, 2012 12:28 pm  #74


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Obviously Mark Gatiss' Twitter wasn't available for some time and the internet exploded, but he's still on and "all he did was go to bed". 
I could understand if he leaves,too or would put his account private. I don't want to know what shit people tweet him, although he doesn't polarise so much as Steven Moffat. I heard he gets "lovely" tweets regarding his sexuality.


----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151103/cun4b2f8.png

 
 

September 15, 2012 12:33 pm  #75


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

I don't think Mark would let him bother him as much, just due to his personality.
He enjoys mixing it with people; he is also an actor & so that interaction could be useful for him in a different way. I would also hazard a guess that such nasty insults would be something he has learned to ignore over the years.


____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey
     Thread Starter
 

September 15, 2012 12:46 pm  #76


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

I agree. I think there isn't an insult he hasn't heard before and it just doesn't bother him anymore.

But it's interesting what happens online if Godtiss would leave, too.


----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151103/cun4b2f8.png

 
 

September 18, 2012 9:19 am  #77


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/9747963/640/9747963.png


*LOL*

The funny thing, when a friend of mine first watched "Belgravia" she texted me afterwards "The young female member is Kate isn't" But I don't think they thought of her, it's probably a member by birth, if they thought of someone at all.


----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151103/cun4b2f8.png

 
 

September 29, 2012 9:14 am  #78


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

I just noticed Amanda has left Twitter on 21st of Sep.

amanda abbington @amandaabbington

I have decided to leave Twitter for a while. You have and are all lovely but I need a long break. Thank you for your wonderful support. xxxx

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 29, 2012 9:19 am)


__________________________________

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan
 

September 29, 2012 9:33 am  #79


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Not a compete surprise considering recent events on Twitter.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

October 16, 2012 8:56 pm  #80


Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

Seems like that Mark speeks German fluently! *LOL*

Found these tweets from May this year. He was in some European cities in early May for his "Euro Horror docu" and he was in Berlin, too. I can remember his userpic before "Charles" was one inside the Berlin film museum. It now makes sense why he was there, because of Nosferatu, Caligari etc.

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11186110/220/11186110.jpg


http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/11186223/220/11186223.jpg


----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151103/cun4b2f8.png

 
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum