BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2016 8:24 pm  #281

Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

The look suits him!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 11, 2016 4:52 pm  #282

LOL, so cute

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 11, 2016 4:53 pm  #283

Fantastic and I only wish Mark was our prime minister, with Ian at his side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 11, 2016 5:08 pm  #284

Wouldn't that be wonderful!

July 11, 2016 5:09 pm  #285

We can dream...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 26, 2016 8:28 am  #286

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2016 4:16 pm  #287

Somebody not sleeping much!

July 28, 2016 4:29 pm  #288

Thoughts? (Presuming we don't need a briefing of the content of these articles; I'm assuming everyone knows, but if not I'll hunt down the links and post them.)

Last edited by GimmeCat (July 28, 2016 4:30 pm)

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

July 28, 2016 5:49 pm  #289

It's good to have it confirmed, but I'm wondering it it should go in the debate thread?   I hope it's OK with you if I answer the main bit there (I know not everybody wants to read about the subject). 

Anyway, interesting what he says about TPLOSH, because I'm convinced he's talked about the filim in an interview and said similar things.  It must have been my imagination working overtime!   I do think TPLOSH is an influence.   I suppose the trouble with a "garbled mistranslation" is we don't know exactly what bits are close to the truth and what bits are nonsense!  

July 29, 2016 7:56 am  #290

Well I know what I think, but it should possibly be on one of the relationship threads.
Well I actually I think two things and one of them is alright to discuss here: possibly Mark doesn't like to think they've just modernised somebody's interpretation of canon.
BBC Sherlock is their own work, despite liking/being influenced by other versions.

July 29, 2016 8:23 am  #291

Liberty wrote:

It's good to have it confirmed, but I'm wondering it it should go in the debate thread?   I hope it's OK with you if I answer the main bit there (I know not everybody wants to read about the subject). 

Anyway, interesting what he says about TPLOSH, because I'm convinced he's talked about the filim in an interview and said similar things.  It must have been my imagination working overtime!   I do think TPLOSH is an influence.   I suppose the trouble with a "garbled mistranslation" is we don't know exactly what bits are close to the truth and what bits are nonsense!  

He certainly praised the movie in the past - unless these quotes are "garbled" too:

http://cupidford.tumblr.com/post/148093884540/that-film-the-private-life-of-sherlock-holmes

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 29, 2016 8:32 am  #292

I think he does like the film...I don't think that's the issue.

July 29, 2016 8:32 am  #293

IMO this is Mark being - insert some unfriendly adjectives of your choice. The 2010 Guardian article was published in a very distinguished newspaper. It was no clickbait, nothing sensational. No need to garble his words. And "mistranslate" - oh, please, did he do the interview in Swedish or what? Btw, in my experience serious media outlets show you their articles before publication so you may authorise them or not. 

There are videos of him praising the movie, its influence on their own version, etc. What makes me angry is this blatant lying about things he has said and written in the past. I think he felt cornered by the person asking him outright if the Guardian article had been accurate as well. Had he said yes, people would have known he lied in the Accent interview. Still, Mark handled this very badly. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 29, 2016 8:33 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2016 8:36 am  #294

SusiGo wrote:

IMO this is Mark being - insert some unfriendly adjectives of your choice. The 2010 Guardian article was published in a very distinguished newspaper. It was no clickbait, nothing sensational. No need to garble his words. And "mistranslate" - oh, please, did he do the interview in Swedish or what? Btw, in my experience serious media outlets show you their articles before publication so you may authorise them or not. 

There are videos of him praising the movie, its influence on their own version, etc. What makes me angry is this blatant lying about things he has said and written in the past. I think he felt cornered by the person asking him outright if the Guardian article had been accurate as well. Had he said yes, people would have known he lied in the Accent interview. Still, Mark handled this very badly. 

And some peole also found this:

http://thegildedbee.tumblr.com/post/148114197923/may-shepard-57circlesofhell

July 29, 2016 8:40 am  #295

Brilliant find! I can only explain Mark's reactions from yesterday with feeling cornered so badly that he was blindly lashing out. Because there is so much evidence for his love for this film. Which, again, shows that everything they say has to be taken at least with a big pinch of salt. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2016 8:42 am  #296

SusiGo wrote:

Brilliant find! I can only explain Mark's reactions from yesterday with feeling cornered so badly that he was blindly lashing out. Because there is so much evidence for his love for this film. Which, again, shows that everything they say has to be taken at least with a big pinch of salt. 

More likely with a big rock of salt... LOL!

July 29, 2016 8:44 am  #297

Nobody has ever argued against love.

July 29, 2016 8:49 am  #298

nakahara wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

More likely with a big rock of salt... LOL!

Same as the quotes about "walking into the sunset" from 2015 and 2016. LOL. You really cannot believe anything they say. 

July 29, 2016 11:40 am  #299

Walking into the sunset?

July 29, 2016 12:00 pm  #300

Board footera