BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2016 7:56 am  #1921

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Just to clear things up: It is not that I disliked the fic. It's only that I think SilentAuror repeats herself a lot. That's a bit sad for me because I deeply admire her writing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 30, 2016 10:50 am  #1922

Very beautiful Johnlock story from hudders_and_hiddles. Very much recommended:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4372328?view_adult=true

John and Sherlock tag along for the Met's weekly night out, where the evening's chosen drinking game is Never Have I Ever. Sherlock is reluctant to join in until he realizes he can learn all kinds of new things about John, but he forgets that John might learn a thing or two about him as well.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 30, 2016 12:16 pm  #1923

nakahara wrote:

Very beautiful Johnlock story from hudders_and_hiddles. Very much recommended:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4372328?view_adult=true

John and Sherlock tag along for the Met's weekly night out, where the evening's chosen drinking game is Never Have I Ever. Sherlock is reluctant to join in until he realizes he can learn all kinds of new things about John, but he forgets that John might learn a thing or two about him as well.

That sounds divine!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 30, 2016 3:55 pm  #1924

Oh yes, I've read that one. I loved it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 1, 2016 6:08 pm  #1925

Have we had this one here?  It's a wonderful, hilarious AU. I just read it - at work, on my phone - and couldn't stop smiling and laughing. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7818709/chapters/17844832

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 1, 2016 6:13 pm  #1926

And downloaded. Sounds amazing. Thank you for the rec. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 1, 2016 7:24 pm  #1927

SusiGo wrote:

And downloaded. Sounds amazing. Thank you for the rec. 

One of the cleverest I've read in a long time.  Enjoy! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 1, 2016 8:50 pm  #1928

Oh, wow, that was amazing. How can the use of a voicemail be so touching? Very clever, thanks for the rec, Keeper!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

September 2, 2016 6:34 am  #1929

I loved the clever bit about Irene and how Sherlock's boss got in touch with John to make sure they were talking about the same person :D

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

September 15, 2016 8:08 am  #1930

I think this has been never properly recommended. I just give you my comment on AO3 so you will know what to expect. It is long, a real novel, exquisite, original, very much AU and very beautiful.

Wow, just wow! This is one of my favourite fics ever. I admit I was hesitant because I could not imagine that geisha!lock would work for me - and was converted quickly. Such an original story, creating a whole dystopian world and then some. The idea of Xie and her Icehouse is so beautiful, the lovingly detailed descriptions of the costumes, not to mention the exquisite and heartbreaking love story. Kudos also for your John aka The Face who is a wonderful character. 
This was one of those stories I hoped would never end. Thank you so much for giving me a memorable reading experience.

At Night In The Floating World[/url] (207111 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/PoppyAlexander]PoppyAlexander
Chapters: 39/39
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: Graphic Depictions Of Violence, Rape/Non-Con
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes/Jim Moriarty, Molly Hooper/Greg Lestrade
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Molly Hooper, Jim Moriarty, Greg Lestrade
Additional Tags: AU-Contemporary Dystopian, One World Government, Class Issues, Assassin John, Geisha Sherlock, Secrets, Self-Esteem Issues, Slow Burn, geisha!lock, Domestic Violence, Hand Jobs, Misconstrued Intentions, Miscommunication, Espionage, Sexual Fantasy, Masturbation, Disappointment, Letters, Texting, Phone Sex, First Kiss, Infidelity, Mildly Dubious Consent, Violence, Name-Calling, Verbal Abuse, Verbal Humiliation, Misgendering, First Time, Blow Jobs, Dirty Talk, 221B Baker Street, Dry Humping, Dissociation, Body Jewels, Sherlock in Make-Up and Jewelry, Sex in Total Darkness, Scars, Allusions to War Crimes Against Women and Children, Panic Attacks, Frottage, Marking, backsliding, marital rape, Injury Recovery, A Special Guest Star, Dressing Room Sex, Home Renovations, A Famous Baby, Happy Endings Everywhere You Look

Please read the tags for possible trigger warnings.

Last edited by SusiGo (September 15, 2016 8:09 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 15, 2016 10:07 am  #1931

I can only second this. I am in the middle of it and glad that it is not over yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 15, 2016 3:20 pm  #1932

I want to ask a question about that fic, I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case:

Is this Femlock or his Sherlock a man in this fic?

I'm asking because there is just some tags I won't read, and I would like to know if this is the case here.

Team Hudders!

September 15, 2016 3:24 pm  #1933

I was just sitting here wishing that wordstrings would finish All the Best and Brightest Creatures.
*sigh*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 15, 2016 3:25 pm  #1934

Vhanja: no problem: 

It is definitely not femlock. Sherlock is a gay man who dresses professionally as a beautiful woman.    

Hope this helps. 

Tonnaree: Read this one until there is an update. It is amazing. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 15, 2016 3:26 pm)

September 15, 2016 3:26 pm  #1935

tonnaree wrote:

I was just sitting here wishing that wordstrings would finish All the Best and Brightest Creatures.
*sigh*

She did give us a few chapters a while back. And there is a new chapter up for "For the Grace", the lastest installment in the series. :D

Team Hudders!

September 15, 2016 3:30 pm  #1936

SusiGo: Thank you for replying. Gesihalock doesn't sound like it can work, however I've learned by now that there are a lot of odd AUs and tags that haven't sounded like they would work but has produced amazing fics. So I will put it in my bookmark and give it a go.

Team Hudders!

September 15, 2016 3:31 pm  #1937

Believe me, I thought the same. 

September 15, 2016 3:40 pm  #1938

I just want to second a recommendation ukaunz made here about a year ago: Idle Hands.

Audio transcriber/signer John's final client of the day is a deaf Sherlock, who needs his help calling a sex hotline. It's an odd concept, but it works. Short, sweet and sexy.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

September 15, 2016 3:48 pm  #1939

Oh, yes, I've read that one. Quite hot. Cool concept.

Team Hudders!

October 2, 2016 4:48 pm  #1940

SusiGo wrote:

I think this has been never properly recommended. I just give you my comment on AO3 so you will know what to expect. It is long, a real novel, exquisite, original, very much AU and very beautiful.

Wow, just wow! This is one of my favourite fics ever. I admit I was hesitant because I could not imagine that geisha!lock would work for me - and was converted quickly. Such an original story, creating a whole dystopian world and then some. The idea of Xie and her Icehouse is so beautiful, the lovingly detailed descriptions of the costumes, not to mention the exquisite and heartbreaking love story. Kudos also for your John aka The Face who is a wonderful character. 
This was one of those stories I hoped would never end. Thank you so much for giving me a memorable reading experience.

At Night In The Floating World[/url] (207111 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/PoppyAlexander]PoppyAlexander
Chapters: 39/39
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: Graphic Depictions Of Violence, Rape/Non-Con
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes/Jim Moriarty, Molly Hooper/Greg Lestrade
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Molly Hooper, Jim Moriarty, Greg Lestrade
Additional Tags: AU-Contemporary Dystopian, One World Government, Class Issues, Assassin John, Geisha Sherlock, Secrets, Self-Esteem Issues, Slow Burn, geisha!lock, Domestic Violence, Hand Jobs, Misconstrued Intentions, Miscommunication, Espionage, Sexual Fantasy, Masturbation, Disappointment, Letters, Texting, Phone Sex, First Kiss, Infidelity, Mildly Dubious Consent, Violence, Name-Calling, Verbal Abuse, Verbal Humiliation, Misgendering, First Time, Blow Jobs, Dirty Talk, 221B Baker Street, Dry Humping, Dissociation, Body Jewels, Sherlock in Make-Up and Jewelry, Sex in Total Darkness, Scars, Allusions to War Crimes Against Women and Children, Panic Attacks, Frottage, Marking, backsliding, marital rape, Injury Recovery, A Special Guest Star, Dressing Room Sex, Home Renovations, A Famous Baby, Happy Endings Everywhere You Look

Please read the tags for possible trigger warnings.

The story is astonishing, beautiful, clever and heartbreaking. I'm nearing the end and thinking all the time about asking the author for her permission to translate the fic into my native Russian (which might be a little awkward technically because of all the Russian words used. Hmm).

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

Board footera