BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2012 10:49 pm  #161

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

OK, sorry, but this post is veering away from fan fic and straight into my little slashy imagination, which spends all its free time splashing in the warm shallows. Someone here on the forum has this as their sig line:
Lestrade: And who in hell are you?
John: I'm his doctor.

And that led me right straight to this today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z9DwMKvqcc

I'm old. I remember when this song was a big hit. I liked it then, and I still do, but the lyrics! Oh, my, the lyrics! They really make me "go there."  Even I find it a stretch to imagine Sherlock calling John "Momma" under any circumstances *giggle*, but almost all the rest of every one of these words IMO would make a fantastic Johnlock video. I wish I knew how-- I'd make it myself.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled programming. Thanks for listening. *g*

October 9, 2012 8:09 pm  #162

Like this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zjtNFnMtrw 
Sorry, Youtube doesn't have a better version. And I have nothing of substance to add to this thread. *backs out*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 18, 2012 5:51 pm  #163

Just finished "A draught of sunshine" so I've read all five stories by days_of_storm, PIARL and The Quiet Man. They get more and more intensive and I liked the writing very much. Any other recommendations? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 18, 2012 7:11 pm  #164

You are a FAST reader!      But then, here came another book in between, a story that takes place in Berlin, and caught my attention 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 18, 2012 8:04 pm  #165

@Susi: you could look through days_of_storms livejournal, there are a lot of one shots

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 18, 2012 8:09 pm  #166

Harriet wrote:

You are a FAST reader!      But then, here came another book in between, a story that takes place in Berlin, and caught my attention 

Don't you say. Must have a look at that one. 
I read in the car on our way to Berlin and back. Couldn't stop. Now back again to my 2,000 pages novel. Interrupted by short side trips into fanfic. 

Thanks, Ivy, I'll have a go at them.

Last edited by SusiGo (October 18, 2012 8:10 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 19, 2012 10:25 am  #167

My favourite story at the moment is "Saving Sherlock Holmes" by earlgreytea68, it's so wonderfully written. It starts in Sherlocks childhood and he meets John at Eton later. It's slightly AU because Lestrade is a house master there.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/514787/chapters/908428

There are 9 chapters at the moment, 43 are planned.

She's also writes Dr Who (Ten/Rose) if someone likes it
http://earlgreytea68.livejournal.com/

----------

October 19, 2012 11:00 am  #168

SusiGo wrote:

I read in the car on our way to Berlin and back. Couldn't stop.

I find the thought of people reading johnlock while driving a car a little bit frightening 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 19, 2012 11:40 am  #169

Ivy wrote:

There are 9 chapters at the moment, 43 are planned.

I'm not reading WIPs anymore. Too slow to follow the story, with a week or more between chapters, too many left orphaned. I'm done with them.
Just my take on that.

October 19, 2012 12:16 pm  #170

O.K. then I will inform you when chapter 43 is posted , totally worth reading.
I totally understand your take. I hate it, too, when you love a story so much and you have to wait.

----------

October 19, 2012 3:09 pm  #171

Harriet wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I read in the car on our way to Berlin and back. Couldn't stop.

I find the thought of people reading johnlock while driving a car a little bit frightening 

No problem. I fixed my Kindle to the steering wheel. 

October 19, 2012 3:15 pm  #172

LOL, that is exactly what I'm frightened of ... 
Btw, regarding your Leo, did BBC give you credits for "not your housekeeper" and "confirmed bachelor"? 

October 19, 2012 8:34 pm  #173

Harriet wrote:

LOL, that is exactly what I'm frightened of ... 
Btw, regarding your Leo, did BBC give you credits for "not your housekeeper" and "confirmed bachelor"? 

You must help me. Sometimes I don't remember what I wrote years ago. What exactly are you hinting at? Ilse, I suppose. But the bachelor??

October 19, 2012 8:44 pm  #174

Ilse, of course. And then the murderer! I had good laughs today 

October 19, 2012 8:50 pm  #175

Harriet wrote:

Ilse, of course. And then the murderer! I had good laughs today 

Ah, I remember. No, I didn't get anything from the BBC but this will change now. Where are my lawyers? 

October 22, 2012 4:09 pm  #176

SusiGo wrote:

Madlori's great. "Alone On The Water" just killed me.

Same here. I went in thinking "Oh, I've already seen The Fall, so how bad can this fic be?" By the end I was bawling my eyes out. By this point my Alone on the Water feels are almost as bad as my Reichenbach feels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 24, 2012 1:02 am  #177

I'm looking for some Johnlock fics, but I'm looking for a certain kind. I want there to be Johnlock in them, with them romantically involved, but not to go any farther than a kiss. I'm still in high school, so anything beyond that's a bit much for me, odd as it might be to hear a teenager say it. Does anyone know of any good Johnlock fics like this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 24, 2012 5:22 am  #178

Jayie wrote:

I'm looking for some Johnlock fics, but I'm looking for a certain kind. I want there to be Johnlock in them, with them romantically involved, but not to go any farther than a kiss. I'm still in high school, so anything beyond that's a bit much for me, odd as it might be to hear a teenager say it. Does anyone know of any good Johnlock fics like this?

Ah. Go to Archive of Our Own, and once you get in the Sherlock (TV) section, look for the Sherlock/John pairing and search for nothing higher than a teen (PG, PG-13) rating. If you truly don't want to read or hear anything about them having sex, you might have to stick to a general audience rating. That kind of slash fic does exist... but you might be way more happy with Sherlock and John friendship fic, rather than the slash. The reason for the existence of Johnlock slash is to get them to be sexual with each other. If what you want to read about is more deep friendship (the kind of bromance we see on the screen), you seriously are probably better off reading that, not true Johnlock. AO3 authors are really good about tagging their stories, with appropriate warnings and ratings, so do use that information for choosing what you read.

October 24, 2012 5:36 am  #179

Here are two sweet little fics you might like:
http://starjenni.livejournal.com/21803.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 24, 2012 8:21 pm  #180

SusiGo wrote:

Harriet wrote:

You must help me. Sometimes I don't remember what I wrote years ago. What exactly are you hinting at? Ilse, I suppose. But the bachelor??

It's hilarious how much you were ahead of BBC. Now I also discovered "Thank you for your input" 

Board footera