BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2015 10:48 pm  #1621

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Goodness knows she's got a lot of ideas to pull from!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 10, 2015 10:53 pm  #1622

I've started reading A Further Sea by i_ship_an_armada and ShinySherlock.
It is a pirate story -after all, when he was a child, Sherlock wanted to be a Pirate, didn't he?
John is still a medical, honourable man and definitely not gay (!), while Sherlock is still a genius.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3587847/chapters/7912062

I wasn't sure if I'd read it -still a WIP, on a hectic schedule I think, but...I mean, Sherlock is a pirate

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 10, 2015 11:46 pm  #1623

I've read a bit of chapter 1, it looks cool so I think I'll continue.  Sherlock as a pirate was all I needed to become interested.

Clueing for looks.

June 15, 2015 10:17 am  #1624

I just read this one and liked it very much. I love well-written Irene Adler stories (non-Adlock). And it fills some gaps in an interesting way. 

Brief Conversations with the Woman[/url] (21906 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/May_Shepard]May_Shepard
Chapters: 20/20
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Irene Adler/Kate (Sherlock)
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, Irene Adler, Kate (Sherlock), John Watson, Mary Morstan, Mycroft Holmes
Additional Tags: Relationship Advice, Unrequited Love, Irene as Advice Fairy, Gap Filler, What Happened After Karachi, Not Adlock, Pining, Clueless Sherlock, Canon Compliant, Angry John, Post-Reichenbach, Series 3 Gap Filler, Implied/Referenced Suicide, Pain, Physically Painful Sexual Situation, Drug Use, I'm Sorry, the first 14 chapters are rather dismal, once this plane clears the tarmac it will get better, Requited Love, Unresolved Sexual Tension, Resolved Sexual Tension, somebody's gotta die, I might have lied about it getting better, at least John and Sherlock are danger sluts, basically it's 95 percent bootheel to your face
Summary: 

Want to solve a puzzle? Keep the best puzzle solver you know alive. 

Sherlock has a puzzle to solve, and his name is John Watson.blue

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2015 12:49 pm  #1625

Just recently downloaded that one Susi.  I'll move it toward the top of the list. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 15, 2015 2:57 pm  #1626

Sounds interesting, Lilithiell - I bookmarked it for the time when it's done 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 19, 2015 10:57 pm  #1627

This is one of the legends, so most of you have probably read it by now. I'm gonna recommend it anyway:

The Great Sex Olympics of 221B by XistentialAngst.

Summary: John Watson thinks Sherlock Holmes should admit that he, Watson, is more of an expert on sex than Sherlock is. But Sherlock refuses to concede the point. He comes up with an experiment plan that will resolve the issue. The results will determine who wins the prize. But sometimes even the best thought-out scientific study has unexpected consequences. 

Wow. I've seen this around several times, but the title sort of threw me off and I didnt' want to read it. I then finally gave it a go yesterday, and was hooked. The plot, the execution, the development - wow, that was way beyond what I expected. I have read my share of Johnlock smut, but this must be amongst the hottest fics I've read. 

I really, really recommend this one. Very well written, and a very original Johnlock story.

Last edited by Vhanja (June 19, 2015 10:57 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 20, 2015 2:20 am  #1628

That seems to be the case with a lot of people Vhanja.  They see the title and think "aw, no."  
But then you read it and yes, there is lots of great sex, but it ends up being so tender and emotional at the end.   *sigh*   It's in my permanent collection.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 20, 2015 11:02 am  #1629

Oh, yes, that makes three to be put off by the title! And then....the last chapter...  puddly mess on the floor by all those emotions and overwhelming love..

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 20, 2015 11:15 am  #1630

Make it four.

It took me more than a year to start reading, and then I loved it almost instantly. Very funny, very hot, and yet very romantic in its own way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 20, 2015 11:16 am  #1631

I'm in... I liked it, after all, but it never became one of my favourites. Perhaps because the story was a bit too constructed, too much symmetry and the like 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 20, 2015 11:27 am  #1632

I think I know what you mean by symmetry 

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 20, 2015 11:28 am  #1633

The symmetry and construction was what I loved about it. Not that I want all fics to be like that, but it made for something very different and fresh. I've never read anything like it. Made the anticipation for each chapter only higher and higher.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

June 20, 2015 11:31 am  #1634

I felt the anticipation for the last chapter was almost unbearable that way.

June 20, 2015 11:38 am  #1635

It was!

Team Hudders!

June 28, 2015 7:51 pm  #1636

I want to give a warm recommendation for this:

The White Lotusesby SilentAuror.
Summary: One day John realises that he just isn't where he belongs, which is back at Baker Street with Sherlock. So he goes back and Sherlock, in his own way, courts him. Romance.

I had this bookmarked for quite a while and finally read it. And I loved it! It felt really good to read such a warm and romantic story that had a lovely build-up between the two of them. There is no angry John or surly and snarky Sherlock. No angst or darkness or drama. Just the two of them slowly courting and flirting until they finally dare to be the couple they should be. Very lovely and warm, very enjoyable.

Also, I think a lot of you guys might enjoy it as the story starts with John breaking up with Mary. And his thoughts and reasoning behind it is a lot of what you guys have said is the reason you can't forgive her. It was as if John had read the Mary threads on this forum. ;)

Last edited by Vhanja (June 28, 2015 7:51 pm)

Team Hudders!

June 28, 2015 8:36 pm  #1637

Thank you, Vhanja. I have read it before and can confirm everything you say. I liked it much better than some other recent fics of hers and it is a calm and lovely story. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 29, 2015 12:22 am  #1638

Oh wow, that was so gentle and tender and sexy Thanks for posting!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 29, 2015 10:59 am  #1639

It was a very nice story :-)  Very realistic, I like that.

"It is what it is."

June 29, 2015 6:47 pm  #1640

Glad you guys liked it.

Now, I'm on a Johnlock reading spree at the moment, so got another rec for something slightly different:

Let's Say I Let You In by kedgeree

This fic belongs to a four-part series called Holidays, where the author writes short-ish smut stories based on four holidays (Established Johnlock). I think I've posted a rec on one of the other stories from this series before, concerning Valentine's Day.

This one is based on Halloween. Sherlock is dressed as a vampire (for a case) something John finds incredibly hot. At first Sherlock doesn't really get it... and then he does.

So the story starts out funny. John tries to get Sherlock into some vampire roleplay, and Sherlock doesn't really get it. Hilarity ensues. (I actually laughed out loud, sitting here by myself). And then Sherlock DOES get it - and I stopped laughing. Wow, the fic changed from giggly funny to pool-melting hot in a nanosecond. And then it ends the hotness with some lovable fluff and warmth. 

I really, really recommend it. It's well written, I really like how she writes Sherlock and John. It's funny, HOT and loving. (Unless you really don't like vampires, then maybe it's not for you).

Last edited by Vhanja (June 29, 2015 6:50 pm)

Team Hudders!

Board footera