BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2015 7:00 pm  #1561

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Little fluffy fanfic featuring hangover John, red pants and a slight communication error. Quite funny:

To Reap, Penchance Red Pants by Bitenomnom

http://archiveofourown.org/works/517869?view_adult=true

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 25, 2015 5:26 am  #1562

Yay, Earlgreytea68 has taken a little break from all that Inception stuff to write a short Sherlock ficlett. It's hilarious. I really love how she can say so much with so little words.

Don't Say I Didn't Warn You[/url] (976 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/earlgreytea68]earlgreytea68
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson
Summary:

Being adventurous is a good thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 25, 2015 5:47 am  #1563

Schmiezi wrote:

Yay, Earlgreytea68 has taken a little break from all that Inception stuff

Totally OT, but why on earth did you have to mention this...? Inception fanfic with Arthur/Eames...? I don't have time for this...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 25, 2015 8:07 am  #1564

Gosh ... did I already mention here that I really need to go through this thread and put all that stuff on my ebook reader ... when I have a lot of time???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 25, 2015 8:11 am  #1565

Schmiezi wrote:

Yay, Earlgreytea68 has taken a little break from all that Inception stuff to write a short Sherlock ficlett. It's hilarious. I really love how she can say so much with so little words.

Don't Say I Didn't Warn You[/url] (976 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/earlgreytea68]earlgreytea68
Summary:

She is brilliant. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 25, 2015 8:53 am  #1566

LOL, that is truly hilarious 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 25, 2015 9:08 am  #1567

Short and ... hot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 25, 2015 9:13 am  #1568

Haha, that was lovely! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 25, 2015 10:01 am  #1569

"Do you want to shag at a crime scene?" - wonderful! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 25, 2015 10:08 am  #1570

I discovered this older fic which is lovely and funny. Not fluffy but perfect for everyone who needs a little holiday from series 3 heartbreak.

Sherlock's Man of (Endless) Mystery[/url] (8305 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Asterie]Asterie
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes/Original Male Character
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mrs. Hudson, Lestrade (Inspector), Sally Donovan, Anderson (Sherlock), OMCs
Additional Tags: Humor, Romance
Summary: 

When Sherlock hears that “love is an endless mystery”, he concludes that falling in love would mean he’ll never be bored again, and begins an internet dating mission to find his One True Love.  As John follows him from date to date, he hopes Sherlock will realise that the perfect man might be a little closer to home.

Last edited by SusiGo (February 25, 2015 10:08 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 25, 2015 3:23 pm  #1571

Not fair: I am sitting at home having a cold, very eager to read some fanfic to pass the time, but my internet is soo slow I cannot load anything. Timing! :-( Your suggestions sound all so good...

"It is what it is."

February 25, 2015 7:16 pm  #1572

SusiGo wrote:

I discovered this older fic which is lovely and funny. Not fluffy but perfect for everyone who needs a little holiday from series 3 heartbreak.

Sherlock's Man of (Endless) Mystery[/url] (8305 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Asterie]Asterie

A really lovely one. The absence of Mary is kind of nice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 28, 2015 11:45 am  #1573

Wow, this one here! I really hesitated if I should read it when looking at the tags. But I could not resist because I love her writing so much. It is heartbreaking and beautiful and so well written. I do not want to give anything away but please give it a try (provided you like AUs). You will not regret it. 

Two Years As Your Interpreter[/url] (42328 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/prettyvk]prettyvk
Chapters: 11/11
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: Major Character Death
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes & John Watson, Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, Molly Hooper, Irene Adler, Jim Moriarty, Kitty Riley
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe, Drug Use, Suicide Attempt, Teenlock, Asexual Sherlock, Hand Jobs
Summary: 

John isn’t scared of Sherlock or of the adults around them. But he is scared of this Message. He is scared he’ll be there, in two years, right next to Sherlock, watching and unable to do a damn thing when he dies.

February 28, 2015 7:33 pm  #1574

Sammy wrote:

All the Sherlock fanfics I read are Johnlock. Wait, what?

I have started reading The Quiet Man and I thought it was amazing up to the point when *SPOILER* John and Sherlock meet again. That kinda... took away the whole purpose of this for me. Is it still good afterwards? Should I carry on reading?

Oooh, this one:
http://madlorific.livejournal.com/30177.html
Performance In A Leading Role
Rating: PG for now, may go up to NC-17 later
Summary: Sherlock Holmes is an Oscar winner in the midst of a career slump. John Watson is an Everyman actor trapped in the rom-com ghetto. When they are cast as a gay couple in a new independent drama, will they surprise each other? Will their on-screen romance make its way into the real world?

Oh, it's long but it's totally awesome. Normally I don't like AUs but this one... I just read the first lines and then I couldn't stop because it was so epic!

Oh! Performance in a Leading Role is just wonderful! I had such a nice time reading it! I've read the sequel, Lifetime Achievement http://archiveofourown.org/works/1214155/chapters/2483692 (completed in May 2014). Takes place after John Watson has won an Oscar and got engaged -you can see it is going to be fluff. And truly enjoyable, although I didin't have as much much reading this part than Performance In A Leading Role.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 28, 2015 7:46 pm  #1575

I haven't gone through this fantastic thread just yet -but I will make my way through it- so I don't know if you've spoken about Beautifulfiction's works on here.
I personally like her story Electric Pink Hand Grenade very, very much. Her style is extremeley vivid, and has a strong imagery. The vocabulary used is refreshingly good, and the stories she writes for Johnlock are, to my mind, very original. And they're all AUs. 
So, here is the link to Electric Pink Hand Grenade :
http://archiveofourown.org/works/442317/chapters/755568.
It's not an overlong story (67,718 words), especially if you compare it with her latest work The Gilded Cage (still unfinished).
Here's the author's summary :
"If Sherlock's brain is a hard drive, then these attacks are an electro-magnetic pulse." Sherlock Holmes does not do anything by half, not even a migraine. It falls to John to witness one of the greatest minds he has ever known tear itself apart, and he must do his best to help Sherlock pick up the pieces.

Enjoy

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 28, 2015 7:51 pm  #1576

You could also have a look at this thread where Wholocked has collected many recommended fics. 

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=164970#p164970

February 28, 2015 7:56 pm  #1577

Schmiezi wrote:

Summary:

Thank you for the rec! I laughed quite a lot, and completely lost it at "do you want to shag at a crime scene?" bit

February 28, 2015 7:58 pm  #1578

Yay! Thanks, Susi!

February 28, 2015 9:14 pm  #1579

Lilythiell wrote:

I haven't gone through this fantastic thread just yet -but I will make my way through it- so I don't know if you've spoken about Beautifulfiction's works on here.
I personally like her story Electric Pink Hand Grenade very, very much. Her style is extremeley vivid, and has a strong imagery. The vocabulary used is refreshingly good, and the stories she writes for Johnlock are, to my mind, very original. And they're all AUs. 
So, here is the link to Electric Pink Hand Grenade :
http://archiveofourown.org/works/442317/chapters/755568.
It's not an overlong story (67,718 words), especially if you compare it with her latest work The Gilded Cage (still unfinished).
Here's the author's summary :
"If Sherlock's brain is a hard drive, then these attacks are an electro-magnetic pulse." Sherlock Holmes does not do anything by half, not even a migraine. It falls to John to witness one of the greatest minds he has ever known tear itself apart, and he must do his best to help Sherlock pick up the pieces.

Enjoy

Yes, I just read this one last week or so, and loved it. Loved her language. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 28, 2015 10:18 pm  #1580

The quality of her writing is consistent is each of her stories, which are all wonderful. The ability she has to write so many different stories is rather amazing. She is a writer very much worth following. I'm ashamed to say I haven't caught up with The Gilded Cage (really good Omegaverse story) because of work...And I just know I won't be able to get back to it before this summer

Board footera