BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2015 6:07 pm  #1501

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Harriet wrote:

OSAJ Youth Department

Fabulous!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 2, 2015 6:08 pm  #1502

tonnaree wrote:

Harriet wrote:

OSAJ Youth Department

Fabulous!

I need to get him a baby body suit saying that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 2, 2015 6:11 pm  #1503

We should put that on a t-shirt.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 3, 2015 3:43 pm  #1504

Schmiezi wrote:

To be Loved by You[/url] (28775 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/TwisterMelody]TwisterMelody
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes & John Watson, Mary Morstan/John Watson
Additional Tags: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Emotional Hurt/Comfort, Infidelity, Pining, Friends to Lovers, First Time, Romance, Character Death, Post-His Last Vow, Episode: s03e03 His Last Vow, Fix-It, Post-Season/Series 03, Canon Compliant
Summary:

This one is lovely. It has a very interesting take on the Watson marriage and one of the most touching declarations of love that is perfectly in character for both of them. It is building slow, but not too slow. (No going for a walk on your own between declaring love and snogging.

Love declaration:

Sherlock sighs in contentment. "Shame on you, John Watson," he says, a hint of a smirk in his voice.

His voice is hoarse from sleep as he asks, "Shame on me?"

"Mm. You, lying unclothed in my bed. What will the neighbors think?"

A slow, encompassing smile spreads across John's face. "They'll think I'm in love with you."

Sherlock goes worryingly silent. "Would they be right?"

"They would."

Read for lunch yesterday.    Very enjoyable.   Mary was a total bitch. 

They handled the baby well, very touching.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 4, 2015 3:55 pm  #1505

Ok.  Hearing about this one all over.
Who's reading Dear John?
http://archiveofourown.org/works/2647979/chapters/6744731

Can't decide if I want to dive in or wait until it's eventually finished.  I can get so frustrated with WIPs.

Last edited by tonnaree (February 4, 2015 3:55 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 4, 2015 4:43 pm  #1506

Dear John is AMAZING! I've been reading it from the start, and the author updates in real time, which is equally genius and cruel.
I check for updates at least twice a day, and it's becoming a bit of an obsession... but the fic is brilliant, don't miss it!

February 4, 2015 4:46 pm  #1507

Oh, just wondering before I post anything as I reckon this is another well-known classic:

Anyone here read the fic... no, the novel There But For the Grace of John Watson?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 4, 2015 6:17 pm  #1508

Atiki wrote:

Dear John is AMAZING! I've been reading it from the start, and the author updates in real time, which is equally genius and cruel.
I check for updates at least twice a day, and it's becoming a bit of an obsession... but the fic is brilliant, don't miss it!

Yea.
I made the mistake of reading the first little chapter and I was a goner.  Got sucked right in. 
Only up to chapter 20 but it's totally adorable so far.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 4, 2015 7:27 pm  #1509

Well, sounds like dear John needs to go straight onto my "mark for later" list. At the moment I am at the beginning of something Susi recc'ed to me,

Lost Without My Blogger[/url] (52155 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/starrysummernights]starrysummernights
Chapters: 25/25
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Summary:
John is abducted and declared dead. How will Sherlock cope without his blogger? How will he react when John comes back from the "dead?" Drama and angst with a healthy dose of romance. Eventual Johnlock. Slash.

It's absolutely heart-breaking. In this strange good, angsty way I love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 4, 2015 7:34 pm  #1510

So many fics, so little time.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 4, 2015 7:42 pm  #1511

Exactly. What a luxurious problem.

February 5, 2015 12:10 am  #1512

Finally got around to reading Alone on the Water...

That hurt like a bitch 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 5, 2015 12:46 am  #1513

*passes kitty a shock blanket*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 5, 2015 1:10 am  #1514

*wraps herself up and purrs*

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 10, 2015 11:26 am  #1515

Ok, I have literally gone through ten pages of this thread just to check - and there isn't actually a rec written for Dear John

I am not sure if I even need to present this fic, it was completed yesterday and I think it's already become a Johnlock classic. I'm in the middle of it myself now, and it's simply astounding. 

Edit: Aaaaand I just found out that it was a rec for it on the same page as I this post. Lol!

Last edited by Vhanja (February 10, 2015 12:01 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

February 10, 2015 11:34 am  #1516

Oh, the beginning sounds lovely, I've never stumbled across this! Is it a sort of " Daddy Longlegs"?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 10, 2015 11:40 am  #1517

Not sure what you mean by "Daddy Longlegs" (To me, that term just means the most horrifying insect that exists, one that I am bat-shit scared of).

This fic takes place post-Reichenbach. Sherlock is - presumably - dead, and John has to move on. So he has more or less been "forced" by Lestrade to open up an online dating profile. There he is contacted by a "William" who seem to be supsiciously similar to Sherlock...

The cool thing about this fic is that it was updated in real-time. Meaning whenever the boys were writing to each other, she would update. So sometimes it would be several times a day, sometimes there would be days before one of them "replied". 

Of course, I am always late to the party so I missed the live updates. But it was completed yesterday and so far I love it to bits.

Last edited by Vhanja (February 10, 2015 11:41 am)

Team Hudders!

February 10, 2015 11:50 am  #1518

Thank you, I'll give it a go.
"Daddy Longlegs" is a lovely novel written in letters about a young female orphan and her custodian. He pays for her girl's home and she writes letters to him, telling about every day life in this home, aaaaand also about the blossoming love for a young man...
She addresses her custodian Daddy Longlegs because she doesn't actually meet him but only sees his silhouette at one point.

Last edited by mrshouse (February 10, 2015 11:52 am)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 10, 2015 11:56 am  #1519

So far it's in letter form. I'm not even halfway through it myself yet, so I don't know how it ends. But so far it's absolutely awesome.

Edit: Also, reading the comments for the chapters is recommended, at least some of them. It's really part of the story, the reactions from the people who followed this live.

Edit 2: There, finished. Wow. What an awesome, awesome fic! Such a fantastically, creative way of telling the story.

And it's now a series! Subbing indeed! (And part of the sequel is already up - wheee!)

Last edited by Vhanja (February 10, 2015 12:41 pm)

Team Hudders!

February 10, 2015 2:14 pm  #1520

mrshouse wrote:

"Daddy Longlegs" is a lovely novel written in letters about a young female orphan and her custodian. He pays for her girl's home and she writes letters to him, telling about every day life in this home, aaaaand also about the blossoming love for a young man...  She addresses her custodian Daddy Longlegs because she doesn't actually meet him but only sees his silhouette at one point.

Daddy Longlegs. In the story, the man in question is a daddy-figure who happens to have long legs, I presume. In the US, daddy longlegs is the  common name for a common home and garden species of spider called a harvestman. They can be about 2 inches across, and they have a little round central body and 8 skinny hair-like legs. They hang from ceilings and crawl up walls, indoors or out, in the summertime. I can't believe that any American would have named their fic that, lol, so the author must have been from somewhere else. *shiver*

I'll take a look at Dear John, now that I know it's done and there's no risk of it being left orphaned. Thanks for the good recs, everyone!

Board footera