BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2014 10:40 pm  #1321

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Ok.  Just the titles are making me giggle.   BOOKMARKED

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 6, 2014 9:34 am  #1322

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2092047

The Final Proof by SilentAuror
Hankie alert. Major character death alert. Silent has written them the perfect old age ending. See, I don't mind reading stuff like that,; I even find it oddly comforting, that Sherlock and John would reach the end of their lives still in love, still wanting more, still planning to be together, yes, even into eternity. Not everyone's cuppa, but I put the rec here for those who might be interested.

October 7, 2014 8:52 pm  #1323

I loved it. It is beautiful and very sad but in a good way. 

And here something with a different twist I liked:

Straight Boy Pain[/url] (18246 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Glenmore]Glenmore
Chapters: 10/10
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Not Rated
Warnings: Author Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Greg Lestrade, Mrs Hudson
Additional Tags: Pining, Mixed Messages, Misunderstandings, the Camden Garroter, dubious medical assessments, Prostitute, Pedicure, three Airedale terriers
Summary: 

Sherlock is in pain. Billy Kinkaid, the Camden garroter and best man Sherlock knows, diagnoses it. Ademar Silver, a male prostitute in south London, attempts to treat it. Lestrade, a kindly Detective Inspector of New Scotland Yard,  doesn’t notice it. Eventually, John Watson, healer and registered medical doctor, cures it. 

And a beautician called Penny paints Sherlock’s toenails.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 8, 2014 7:39 pm  #1324

SusiGo wrote:

I loved it. It is beautiful and very sad but in a good way. 

And here something with a different twist I liked:

Straight Boy Pain[/url] (18246 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Glenmore]Glenmore
Chapters: 10/10
Rating: Not Rated
Warnings: Author Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Greg Lestrade, Mrs Hudson
Additional Tags: Pining, Mixed Messages, Misunderstandings, the Camden Garroter, dubious medical assessments, Prostitute, Pedicure, three Airedale terriers
Summary: 

Sherlock is in pain. Billy Kinkaid, the Camden garroter and best man Sherlock knows, diagnoses it. Ademar Silver, a male prostitute in south London, attempts to treat it. Lestrade, a kindly Detective Inspector of New Scotland Yard,  doesn’t notice it. Eventually, John Watson, healer and registered medical doctor, cures it. 

And a beautician called Penny paints Sherlock’s toenails.

Just read the beginning of it and think I'll like it a lot.

Edit: Realized it's the same author who wrote Albion and the woodsman. Now I am sure I'll like it a lot.

Last edited by Schmiezi (October 8, 2014 7:41 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 8, 2014 8:08 pm  #1325

Yes, now that you mention it. I love the style. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 8, 2014 11:40 pm  #1326

OMG, I love this thread!  I hardly have time these days to post anything on the Forum, let alone search for good Johnlock fan fics; so the recs here are a life-saver.  Bookmark, bookmark, bookmark! Check, check, and check!

Last night I swore I was going to bed early because I've been burning the candle at both ends for awhile now.  Then I made the "mistake" of coming on this thread and the next thing I know I'm in the middle of "The Moonlight and The Frost" unable to stop and suddenly it's midnight (yet again) and my alarm is set for 5:15 am. Oh well, it was worth it.  I always love a good story about how they "get there".

Keep those recs coming. I love the feeling of opening up a brand new one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 9, 2014 2:44 am  #1327

We're here for you KP!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 9, 2014 2:46 am  #1328

KeepersPrice wrote:

OMG, I love this thread! I hardly have time these days to post anything on the Forum, let alone search for good Johnlock fan fics; so the recs here are a life-saver. Bookmark, bookmark, bookmark! Check, check, and check!

Last night I swore I was going to bed early because I've been burning the candle at both ends for awhile now. Then I made the "mistake" of coming on this thread and the next thing I know I'm in the middle of "The Moonlight and The Frost" unable to stop and suddenly it's midnight (yet again) and my alarm is set for 5:15 am. Oh well, it was worth it. I always love a good story about how they "get there".

Keep those recs coming. I love the feeling of opening up a brand new one.

*smooch*   I'm always glad to see that you're still with us. And as for fic, as I recently observed, so many fics, so little time!!  Never enough.

October 13, 2014 2:42 pm  #1329

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2390123

Anyone Else by SilentAuror
This was pretty good, not great, but a decent read. They don't sound British (is SA an American?), and it's written 1st person Sherlock, which can be difficult to make believable, IMO, since who in heck knows the heart and thoughts of Sherlock Holmes? I doubt if even he himself knows them. But anyway, a decent read, so here's the rec. The only warning is that John is unfaithful to Mary, big time. Biiiiiig time, and not just with Sherlock, either.

October 13, 2014 3:29 pm  #1330

She is Canadian. I love her 1st person Sherlock stories (I generally love 1st person Sherlock if it well done) and I really liked this one. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 13, 2014 3:31 pm)

October 14, 2014 1:48 am  #1331

SusiGo wrote:

She is Canadian. I love her 1st person Sherlock stories (I generally love 1st person Sherlock if it well done) and I really liked this one. 

OK, Canadian, same diff (accent-wise and colloquial expressions-wise) as American in most ways. Yeah, it's too bad when the guys don't sound like Brits. Apparently it doesn't matter to anyone else, since I've never heard anyone but me say so, but to me, well...  one of the things I like about S/J is their British-ness. Especially in first person POV, it doesn't do to have someone's thoughts sound as though they came from half a world away. Just me, being picky. As I said, I don't think anyone else cares or even notices.

Last edited by ancientsgate (October 14, 2014 1:49 am)

October 17, 2014 9:50 am  #1332

I'm asking this here, since I literally have nowhere else to ask. Does anyone know what's become of the johnlock author mildredandbobbin? I loved going to her tumblr, since she was always so generous about reposting fan art, fan commentary, and recs for fan fic, as well as posting her own wonderful stuff. Now her tumblr seems to have disappeared, and when I searched for her on AO3, the search engine didn't bring up her fic. Anyone know what's going on?  Thx for any info. You can PM me if you'd rather, of course.

October 17, 2014 10:56 am  #1333

She is still on AO3 but it is a closed account. Being a member I can access her works. I am not sure how it works in general. I suppose she changed this after the Caitlin Moran disaster.

October 17, 2014 11:07 am  #1334

SusiGo wrote:

She is still on AO3 but it is a closed account. Being a member I can access her works. I am not sure how it works in general. I suppose she changed this after the Caitlin Moran disaster.

Yes, she is locked, but I'm a member at AO3, so I knew that wasn't the problem. Come find out, my problem was I searched for her author name under mildredandbobbin, and it's Mildredandbobbin....  *rolls eyes*  Anyway, far as I can see, she still has a page at AO3.

On Tumblr, OTOH, she's gone, gone, gone. *mourns*

October 17, 2014 2:07 pm  #1335

The search engine is basically the only thing I don't like about AO3.

BTW, I still can invite several people. So, if someone needs an AO3 account, contact me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 2, 2014 8:35 pm  #1336

deranged stray wrote:

This thread is amazing I love Johnlock and fanfiction

Welcome!  We love it, too. If you ever want to rec a story you've read, feel free to post about it, and include a link.

November 5, 2014 3:54 pm  #1337

Important information

SilientAuror has 2 new works up.  Going to start them today.Claire-de-la-lune by SilentAuror
Summary

One night John breaks Mary's bottle of Claire-de-la-lune and realises that the marriage is over, for him. He goes back to Baker Street and starts a chain of events that lead to the next step in his friendship with Sherlock... or should.

and
Paparazzi by SilentAuror
Summary

John moves back into 221B Baker Street after his marriage falls apart and the paparazzi won't leave he and Sherlock alone about the status of their supposed relationship. Sherlock, of course, never denies it, until one day he does...

(Edited for quote coding)

Last edited by Wholocked (November 6, 2014 1:02 am)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 6, 2014 8:15 am  #1338

This is a good one, and short enough to read in one go.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/2566295?view_adult=true
Paparazzi by SilentAuror
a nice first-time, post S3

November 14, 2014 8:36 am  #1339

This one is wonderful and heartbreaking and I wonder why I did not find it earlier:

Ink Your Name Across My Heart[/url] (58019 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/prettyvk]prettyvk
Chapters: 21/21
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, Mary Morstan, Greg Lestrade
Additional Tags: Post The Reichenbach Fall, Amnesia, Slash, Angst
Series: Part 1 of Ink Your Name 'verse
Summary: 

The metaphor is imperfect but still workable. If my long term memory is a hard drive, then my short term memory is RAM. The hard drive became read-only following the illness. New data is stored in RAM and can be used while I remain awake. Going to sleep – ‘turning off’ – wipes the RAM, returning the system to what it was prior to the illness.

November 14, 2014 10:30 am  #1340

News from ivyblossom: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2614778
Blackout
Summary: The problem, or, from a different perspective, the solution, is John’s drinking.

Haven't read it yet 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera