BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2014 2:55 pm  #1181

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Right. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 2, 2014 3:13 pm  #1182

“This is what you’ve wanted isn’t it?” John says mockingly, cuttingly, fists bunched on Sherlock’s collar, simultaneously  holding him close and shoving him with sharp knuckles against the wall. “You should be happy now: she’s gone, and I’m all yours.”

Now, that sounds really promising, if you ask me...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 2, 2014 6:48 pm  #1183

SolarSystem wrote:

“This is what you’ve wanted isn’t it?” John says mockingly, cuttingly, fists bunched on Sherlock’s collar, simultaneously  holding him close and shoving him with sharp knuckles against the wall. “You should be happy now: she’s gone, and I’m all yours.”

Now, that sounds really promising, if you ask me...!

It's hot Solar.  H. O. T.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 2, 2014 7:16 pm  #1184

I'm in the queue, it says I shall get an invitation tomorrow.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 2, 2014 8:44 pm  #1185

Mattlocked wrote:

Did she remove it? Or is it because I'm not logged in? It says there are no works from Mildredandbobbin.....

She's had some very unfortunate experiences with fans asking Martin and Ben to read her slash out loud at Q&As, and also some people on tumblr are not being...... nice, apparently. So she's locked her fic on AO3, but it's wide open to anyone who has a membership there. If you want an AO3 invite, just come on here and ask, and someone will come forward and get you an invite, I'm sure.

August 2, 2014 8:49 pm  #1186

Sorry to hear that. She writes so well. Morons.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 2, 2014 9:08 pm  #1187

Yes, how stupid can some "fans" be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 2, 2014 9:16 pm  #1188

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry to hear that. She writes so well. Morons.

I had never heard of mildredandbobbin until some idiot at a Q&A a few months ago shoved a printout of a sex scene from one of her fan fics under both Ben's and Martin's noses and asked them to read the dialogue out loud. Of course, being the gentlemen they are and having no idea what was happening, they started to read. It was awkward, to say the least. Embarrasing. Mildredandbobbin was so upset when she heard about what had happened, I'm surprised she didn't pull her whole presence off the internet. And then once she got well-known, unfortunately, I guess some tumblrites have been harassing her. I don't follow it too closely, since it all makes me sick, but anyone who goes to m&b's lovely tumblr account will be at least marginally aware. Her tumblr is *marvelous*, since she reposts lots of johnlock art, does nice fic recommendations, and includes a bit of chat about her life. She seems a really cool person. Australian. Anyone who's interested can read here:  http://mildredandbobbin.tumblr.com/

August 2, 2014 10:42 pm  #1189

So she's "the one". Poor girl.
Thank you, ag.

August 2, 2014 10:49 pm  #1190

Yes, thank you for explaining, ag. I can't understand why those idiots did that. Unable to differentiate between actors and their characters or between reality and fiction. Gosh ...

(Tony Hadley)

August 2, 2014 11:46 pm  #1191

Yes, such a shame. I watched the Q&A and was quite angry at Caitlin Moran. I unfollowed her on Twitter after that event although she did some lovely interviews with Benedict. But this was so unfair to him and Martin as well as the author. 
On another note - yes, the fic is hot. But she also writes beautifully about their feelings and the long journey their relationship takes. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 3, 2014 12:50 am  #1192

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, such a shame. I watched the Q&A and was quite angry at Caitlin Moran. I unfollowed her on Twitter after that event although she did some lovely interviews with Benedict. But this was so unfair to him and Martin as well as the author. 
On another note - yes, the fic is hot. But she also writes beautifully about their feelings and the long journey their relationship takes. 

Very true Susi.  Even though I do tend to paddle in the shallow end of the pool, for a work to be really "hot" to me there has to be emotion behind the sex.  The physical has to be an extention of spiritual, it has to be earned.

I'm just prone to lustful outbursts.  

Last edited by tonnaree (August 3, 2014 12:50 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 3, 2014 5:51 am  #1193

I think I just heard of that interview but haven't seen it.

(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2014 5:54 am  #1194

I think there is a link somewhere on the forum. (There is ALWAYS a link somewhere on the forum.)
I've seen the interview an d felt bad watching it. Another example of "Fremdschämen".

gently:
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sherlock/28711/sherlock-the-empty-hearse-qa-with-benedict-cumberbatch-martin-freeman-more
A transcript of the whole thing.

And here it is:
http://player.bfi.org.uk/player/watch-sherlock-the-empty-hearse-panel-discussion-154094376/NocDQyazpdBay4kF5tYianN437sIHuWo

Last edited by Schmiezi (August 3, 2014 6:24 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 3, 2014 8:11 am  #1195

Thanks Schmiezi. Will have a look at it later.

(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2014 8:25 am  #1196

Better don't 

August 3, 2014 11:43 am  #1197

Schmiezi wrote:

I think there is a link somewhere on the forum. (There is ALWAYS a link somewhere on the forum.)
I've seen the interview an d felt bad watching it. Another example of "Fremdschämen".

gently:
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sherlock/28711/sherlock-the-empty-hearse-qa-with-benedict-cumberbatch-martin-freeman-more
A transcript of the whole thing.

And here it is:
http://player.bfi.org.uk/player/watch-sherlock-the-empty-hearse-panel-discussion-154094376/NocDQyazpdBay4kF5tYianN437sIHuWo

Hmm .. those really embarrasing scenes weren't in it ... or I just didn't get them. (?)
Which may be better.

(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2014 11:53 am  #1198

I think in the text it's only this?
[Five giggly minutes or so of online fan-fiction being read out and discussed here, before the questions were opened up to the audience].

August 3, 2014 11:59 am  #1199

Ah, yes, that could be. Well, that's enough.

(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2014 12:19 pm  #1200

I haven't watched the video yet, but I have read a lot of blog entries and commentaries about this incident and some say it had been incredibly awkward and uncomfortable, others say it had been a nice event in general and just a tiny bit embarrassing, but either way I think it's not okay at all to use a piece of fanfiction in that particular way without getting a permission from its author. And I' m very sorry Mildredandbobbin had to go through this and her name and her fanfiction had been all over the internet. She seems like a very nice and thoughtful person and her writing is brilliant, the Reunion series is beautiful and very gripping and her series Scars is even better in my opinion, deeply moving and absolutely true in its characterisations.

Board footera