BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2014 2:01 pm  #1141

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Does anyone have an AO3 invite you can give me?  I swear I joined up years ago, but the website doesn't acknowledge any of my usual user names or passwords, so.... who knows. If any of you guys can help me out, I'd appreciate it. I registered at AO3 to receive an invite over a week ago, and nada. TIA, everyone. I'd like to be able to read the locked up fic.

June 27, 2014 4:30 pm  #1142

ancientsgate wrote:

Does anyone have an AO3 invite you can give me?  I swear I joined up years ago, but the website doesn't acknowledge any of my usual user names or passwords, so.... who knows. If any of you guys can help me out, I'd appreciate it. I registered at AO3 to receive an invite over a week ago, and nada. TIA, everyone. I'd like to be able to read the locked up fic.

Ummm, can someone send me one too? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 27, 2014 7:36 pm  #1143

Theoretically yes. I am a member, but I have never invited someone. I'll check out how to do right now.

EDIT: All right, I have asked to get the right to invite two people. It looks like I will need your email adress, so maybe you should PM me ASAP. I'll let you know as soon as i know more.

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 27, 2014 7:41 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 27, 2014 8:36 pm  #1144

Schmiezi wrote:

Theoretically yes. I am a member, but I have never invited someone. I'll check out how to do right now.

EDIT: All right, I have asked to get the right to invite two people. It looks like I will need your email adress, so maybe you should PM me ASAP. I'll let you know as soon as i know more.

Thanks!  I will PM you now on the forum with my email info.

It took me all day thinking about it, but I believe it was DW I joined a few years ago, not AO3, which is why AO3 isn't recognizing me. Like, duh. lol

June 28, 2014 11:54 am  #1145

My email is tonnaree@yahoo.com

The rest of the world has it why not you?  

PS.  I am half way through with Kill Switch.    I don't think I would be able to stand much more if the author had not admited up front that

there are no major character deaths.

Last edited by tonnaree (June 28, 2014 11:55 am)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 1, 2014 4:09 am  #1146

ancientsgate wrote:

Hey AG, there is an issue with some people not getting their invite or activation emails. Send a support request via http://archiveofourown.org/support and they should fix it for you reasonably quickly.

Also, make sure you check your Spam folders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 1, 2014 4:57 am  #1147

Invitation codes came last night. You should have mail from AO3 by now. Please let me know if it worked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 1, 2014 12:22 pm  #1148

I got mine!  Thank you!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 1, 2014 12:24 pm  #1149

Also, I finished Kill Switch and it was wonderful!  Warning though, there is a LOT of hurt before you get to the comfort.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 1, 2014 12:27 pm  #1150

Yes, but it is brilliant. The last chapters are soo moving. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 1, 2014 2:57 pm  #1151

Schmiezi wrote:

Invitation codes came last night. You should have mail from AO3 by now. Please let me know if it worked.

I haven't received anything from AO3.  I see Tonya got hers, so.... I must have fallen through the cracks somehow. Any ideas what we can try next?  Thanks!

July 1, 2014 3:05 pm  #1152

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, but it is brilliant. The last chapters are soo moving. 

Truely.  I was a mess by the end.   As I said before I don't know if I could have kept going without the author's assurances at the begining of the fic!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 1, 2014 4:54 pm  #1153

ancientsgate wrote:

I haven't received anything from AO3.  I see Tonya got hers, so.... I must have fallen through the cracks somehow. Any ideas what we can try next?  Thanks!

Maybe there was a typo in your mail adress? I used copy and paste,but still.
I can still use the second invitation code because you have not created an account yet (of course). You should send me your mail adress once more oso I can send you the invitation once more.

BTW did you check your spam folder? Maybe the automated invitation mail ended up there.

July 1, 2014 5:08 pm  #1154

Schmiezi wrote:

Maybe there was a typo in your mail adress? I used copy and paste,but still.
I can still use the second invitation code because you have not created an account yet (of course). You should send me your mail adress once more oso I can send you the invitation once more.
BTW did you check your spam folder? Maybe the automated invitation mail ended up there.

Yes, spam folder is empty.
gmail is stupid. or at least it can be. just sayin'
thanks again for sticking with me!
peridotjude@gmail.com

July 1, 2014 6:48 pm  #1155

Oh no, the delay was my mistake. The last letter of your mail adress was missing. Looks like i should have used copy and paste more carefully.

I've sent the invitation again after correcting the adress. Sorry!!

July 1, 2014 11:54 pm  #1156

Schmiezi wrote:

Oh no, the delay was my mistake. The last letter of your mail adress was missing. Looks like i should have used copy and paste more carefully.

I've sent the invitation again after correcting the adress. Sorry!!

Oops, boy is that easy to do!  It's my own address, and I've caught myself writing it periotjude instead of peridot (my birthstone)--  I always have to proofread my own typing with that. Thanks again, I'll let you know when the invite arrives.

July 7, 2014 1:58 am  #1157

Wholocked wrote:

Hey AG, there is an issue with some people not getting their invite or activation emails. Send a support request via http://archiveofourown.org/support and they should fix it for you reasonably quickly.

Thanks for this suggestion. I finally sent the AO3 team an email about an invite, since despite the best efforts of both Schmiezi and tonnaree, I've gotten nothing from AO3 about membership. No idea if this will help, but if it doesn't, I guess I'll give up. Nothing should be this hard.

July 7, 2014 3:22 am  #1158

Bugger!  Sorry AG.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 7, 2014 3:48 am  #1159

ancientsgate wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

Thanks for this suggestion. I finally sent the AO3 team an email about an invite, since despite the best efforts of both Schmiezi and tonnaree, I've gotten nothing from AO3 about membership. No idea if this will help, but if it doesn't, I guess I'll give up. Nothing should be this hard.

I volunteer with the OTW ( though not in support) so if you still are having trouble let me know and I'll see if I can look into it for you. Have you checked that it hasn't gone into your spam or junk email folder?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 7, 2014 4:21 am  #1160

Wholocked wrote:

I volunteer with the OTW ( though not in support) so if you still are having trouble let me know and I'll see if I can look into it for you. Have you checked that it hasn't gone into your spam or junk email folder?

Nothing in the spam folder.
Thanks. I'll let you know if I don't hear something in a week or so.

Board footera