BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2014 11:06 pm  #1001

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Wholocked wrote:

I'm going to rec the sins of our fathers series of fics. It's a teenage AU where John & Sherlock meet at the age of 15/16 rather than as adults. Many teen!lock fics are challenging to read as they are either painfully teenage-angsty or the characterisations are so off the wall. I think this one actually did a really good job. 

The first two stories are whilst Sherlock & John are teenagers, and the third and fourth story focuses on things when they're a bit older - I won't tell you what that is as it's a bit of a spoiler

Thanks for the rec Wholocked.  I enjoyed these very much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 24, 2014 3:28 am  #1002

Adventures of a Single Girl in London is complete! SQUEEEEEEE

It's an eventual-Johnlock post-season-three fix-it-fic (yeah lots of hyphens sorry) and it's PERFECT. I dislike S3 John much less having read it. Yes, there's lots of Janine but she's awesome and the story is awesome and the payoff is perfect.

Go read it! *points*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 25, 2014 7:00 am  #1003

Here is a series consisting of two stories I like very much. Post series 3. Wonderful love story. Not recommended for Mary supporters. 

"All the king's horses" by miasmatrix
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1281487/chapters/2652985

"And all the king's men"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1294636/chapters/2685523

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 25, 2014 11:10 am  #1004

...I'm currently reading "All the king's horses" and absolutely love it. It hurts so good...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 25, 2014 12:51 pm  #1005

Wholocked wrote:

Adventures of a Single Girl in London is complete! SQUEEEEEEE

It's an eventual-Johnlock post-season-three fix-it-fic (yeah lots of hyphens sorry) and it's PERFECT. I dislike S3 John much less having read it. Yes, there's lots of Janine but she's awesome and the story is awesome and the payoff is perfect.

Go read it! *points*

Very good.  Last 2 chapters made me cry. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 26, 2014 2:07 am  #1006

Masterlist updated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 26, 2014 7:22 am  #1007

You guys have to go read this AU. GO. NOW. Why are you still here?
http://archiveofourown.org/works/179622/chapters/264073

March 26, 2014 7:43 am  #1008

My Kindle is bursting but thanks anyway. Cannot resist such a rec. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2014 8:06 am  #1009

Good girl. Have I ever lead you wrong? ;-)

March 29, 2014 1:15 am  #1010

Love_bug 54, who posts here ocassionally, has a series of fic's called Watson's Journal. She has done research into the era and has a mini-series where our boys are observing the Oscar Wilde trials.

When a letter, written by Wilde to his supposed lover, is read in court, a big deal is made of the fact that he opens it with "My dear boy." They think that sounds like a greeting to a lover. Well, Holmes calls Watson "my dear boy" in canon Sign of Four.

Love-bug also refers, in her comments, to having read the era's....er, literary work that is not so prudish, if you know what I mean. 

March 29, 2014 2:05 am  #1011

March 30, 2014 12:38 am  #1012

Wholocked wrote:

Links are good ;-)

http://love-bug-54.livejournal.com

Does anyone remember something called Tokens and Traditions - a multi-chapter novel about Holmes and Watson's romance, with the recurring theme of them giving each other gifts (including a bed!)

I think their conversations with each other made them sound like completely different people...but that could just mean Watson did his job well in writing public stories that covered up their true private life.

I think TandT may have been taken down. But on another rec list, the story/novel was described as "The Pearl starring Holmes and Watson." Now, the Pearl was a magazine published in that era that was....well, Johnlock with different characters, if you get my drift.  Defying many stereotypes about the era.

Another good list. http://excessant.com/HI/latest_additions.htm

In one of the stories here, "Horseplay," I believe, it is alluded to the Watson reads The Pearl.

From this list, I particularly enjoy "Night Interrupted," about Watson getting off on just sleeping in Holmes bed...and what happens when Holmes finds out. Another thing I love, Holmes telling Watson how desirable he is, happens in both "Night Interrupted" and the later Love-bug stories.

And if you can't decide whether you like "established" or UST, here is a story that has both: after some banter about which of them is more insatiable, they decide to test their ability to resist each other, and constantly do things to break each other's resistance.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/14154/chapters/18048?view_adult=true

(Note - all of the above are based on the original canon except a few of Love-bug's more recent fics.)

April 3, 2014 6:11 pm  #1013

Here's a great new TeenLock.  Lots of angst and hurt/comfort.  Rated E for a good reason!

Cracks in the Wall by sweetcupcakes
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1148099/chapters/2326200

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 3, 2014 6:29 pm  #1014

I'd like to recommend this one by apliddell, hoping I didn't oversee it on the masterlist:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/691284/chapters/1270251

It's getting the reader hooked very quickly even though (or maybe precisely because) some of the chapters are rather short. Ta!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

April 3, 2014 6:30 pm  #1015

Good heavens, 220,000 words and still not finished? Not that I did not download it at once. 

April 3, 2014 6:38 pm  #1016

SusiGo wrote:

Good heavens, 220,000 words and still not finished? Not that I did not download it at once. 

Hehe, it's a whale of a story!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

April 3, 2014 6:41 pm  #1017

As if follows The Adventure of the Consulting Corpse I think I should read that one first?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 12, 2014 8:12 pm  #1018

You must read this: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10100172/1/

It is a fantastic story! Definitively one of the best fan fictions I ever read! It has all elements a good story needs: a thrilling story with a lot of tension and surprises, very well written characters (the known ones as well as the OCs) and a lot of Johnlock (sweet and hot  ). Espacially the baddie is very well written, cruel and relentless on the one hand, but the past of the character which is revealed during the story let yourself sympathize with this character. The story is set directly after TEH and is over 200,000 words long! Sorry, for babbling so much, but I'm really stoked about this story. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

April 12, 2014 9:14 pm  #1019

stoertebeker wrote:

You must read this: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10100172/1/

It is a fantastic story! Definitively one of the best fan fictions I ever read! It has all elements a good story needs: a thrilling story with a lot of tension and surprises, very well written characters (the known ones as well as the OCs) and a lot of Johnlock (sweet and hot ). Espacially the baddie is very well written, cruel and relentless on the one hand, but the past of the character which is revealed during the story let yourself sympathize with this character. The story is set directly after TEH and is over 200,000 words long! Sorry, for babbling so much, but I'm really stoked about this story.

*doing the happy smut dance*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 19, 2014 9:12 am  #1020

Schmiezi wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I don't think I've seen this reccommended here yet, it's quite good! 

echoes through time by chellefic ~ http://archiveofourown.org/works/339204

I've read it some time ago. It is very interesting, and definitely something different from other fics. I liked it a lot.

I finished it the other day and also enjoyed it. Nice story twist about a rediscovered diary of 19th century Watson. And quite steamy. Not that long either. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera