BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2014 5:21 pm  #981

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

"Act IV" was very good.  I'm sensing a trend here on how a lot of people would like to see Mary's story arc go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 22, 2014 5:29 pm  #982

It seems that there are some stories or rather a lot with the tag "His last Vow-fix it".
I wonder why.  

February 22, 2014 6:15 pm  #983

Be wrote:

It seems that there are some stories or rather a lot with the tag "His last Vow-fix it".
I wonder why.  

My new favourite tag. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 22, 2014 6:19 pm  #984

Hopefully the writers give us a series 3-fix it, soon.

February 24, 2014 10:18 pm  #985

This could fairly be called a "fix fic" for Season 3 (I didn't write it.):

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1125940/chapters/2354047

The knee-grab on Stag Night leads to...much more. And unlike many fics involving drunkenness, they DON'T go back into denial afterward and say, "Oh, that wasn't the REAL us."

March 1, 2014 11:50 pm  #986

Going to put this here rather than the mock up thread.

Raise your hand if you'd line up for this movie.   *flails arms*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 2, 2014 11:41 am  #987

Guys, I love this one...
archiveofourown.org/works/152269
Oh and "Stag night for two" really made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 2, 2014 1:05 pm  #988

tonnaree wrote:

Going to put this here rather than the mock up thread.

Raise your hand if you'd line up for this movie.   *flails arms*

*raises hand* 

-------------------------------------------------------

March 2, 2014 3:59 pm  #989

::Raising Hand::

When I first read "Performance in a Leading Role," and got to that great scene where the actors were doing the press tour, and on the live interview stage, and well... not to spoil, but lots of feels... (ahem)...

I immediately thought, "Oh, I've got to watch the clip of that on YouTube!"

Only, of course, to realize that I could not watch the clip on YouTube because the characters weren't real and the story hadn't actually happened. 

That's how good it is.

Fillyjonk

Check my Tumblr for a musical tribute to Sherlock's devotion during series 3.
http://imtooticky.tumblr.com

March 2, 2014 4:07 pm  #990

Shameless self-promotion below.  I had so much fun making this.  It's pining!Sherlock, because, well... season 3 happened... but perhaps lightens the mood a bit.  And some puzzles to solve.

http://www.archiveofourown/works/1194345

Fillyjonk

Last edited by Fillyjonk (March 2, 2014 4:11 pm)

Check my Tumblr for a musical tribute to Sherlock's devotion during series 3.
http://imtooticky.tumblr.com

March 2, 2014 9:09 pm  #991

Kinda of sad...........finished reading what has been posted of Nature and Nurture.  Want More!

Such sweet parentlock!  Love the way she writes what the baby is supposedly thinking.  Very funny.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 2, 2014 10:56 pm  #992

tonnaree wrote:

Kinda of sad...........finished reading what has been posted of Nature and Nurture.  Want More!
Such sweet parentlock!  Love the way she writes what the baby is supposedly thinking.  Very funny.

Yes, and because the baby is Sherlock's clone, he's mini-Sherlock, which is delightful and infuriating in turns. And very cute, of course. I love her John in that story-- he's warm, loving and wonderful, and he loves his guys to the end of the earth and back. I also really really like her Mycroft.

March 2, 2014 11:09 pm  #993

I never expected to even like this fic but it is brilliant. One of the best IMO. So well written. Wonderful characters. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 2, 2014 11:50 pm  #994

It was one of those I had looked at several times but never did read.  Don't know why but the whole clone thing turned me off.  Boy am I glad I changed my mind!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 4, 2014 12:39 am  #995

Here's an omegaverse + medieval/fantasy world AU that's just been finished and is quite good! She crafts the story very well with twists you don't quite see coming. Magical realism. Includes Mpreg. Read the tags if you're unsure. They're quite thorough.

Seven Moons
“This is happiness?” John asks, utterly heartsick, holding up his wrists and rattling the chains. “You’ve sold me for six gold mines and protection along the northern border.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 7, 2014 4:09 pm  #996

Anyone into the Military Kink thing?

Spoils of War
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1217920?view_adult=true

Smut.  Just utter smut.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 9, 2014 10:36 pm  #997

So here is another longer work I would like to recommend: AU, England 1860. John is an Anglican priest, Sherlock an atheist aristocrat. Well written with a convincing love story. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/868705

Last edited by SusiGo (March 9, 2014 10:38 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 11, 2014 12:45 am  #998

mrshouse wrote:

Guys, I love this one...
archiveofourown.org/works/152269
Oh and "Stag night for two" really made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing that didn't occur to me at first: it would seem that TSoT proceeds as it does on the show up until the knee grab...but I thnk you would also have to "fix" the alcohol consumption, i.e.,  have them not have as much. Because if they drank as much as they had on the show, they would probably have had more...um...technical difficulties, with what they did after the knee grab.  And often, drunk!sex raises either consent issues or denial: "It wasn't the REAL us." None of that in Stag NIght for Two...

March 11, 2014 2:53 am  #999

I'm going to rec the sins of our fathers series of fics. It's a teenage AU where John & Sherlock meet at the age of 15/16 rather than as adults. Many teen!lock fics are challenging to read as they are either painfully teenage-angsty or the characterisations are so off the wall. I think this one actually did a really good job. 

The first two stories are whilst Sherlock & John are teenagers, and the third and fourth story focuses on things when they're a bit older - I won't tell you what that is as it's a bit of a spoiler

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 22, 2014 7:43 pm  #1000

Thanks to Schmiezi's recommendation I just read this wonderful fic. It is sad and hopeful and beautifully written. Takes place years after series 3. 
"The Golden Cottage" by AlessNox

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1186442/chapters/2420611

Board footera