BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2014 3:32 pm  #961

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Didn't know where else to post this:

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 2, 2014 4:13 pm  #962

Found this story earlier today:

Come Apart at the Seams by harlequindreaming.
"Sherlock's often considered his body and everything else as merely transport for his brain. Then the transport starts to malfunction and everything goes to pieces."

I was halfway through the story when I realised that I was crying. Still not entirely okay.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 2, 2014 10:14 pm  #963

Harriet wrote:

Didn't know where else to post this:

Great job, Harriet. And there are lots and lots for him to read. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 2, 2014 10:15 pm  #964

Eeeek - you put those *glasses* on! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 2, 2014 10:28 pm  #965

Sorry, they are John's reading glasses. Nothing else. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 2, 2014 10:29 pm  #966

"John-Reading Glasses"! Fine!   

February 3, 2014 9:39 am  #967

Well in the lovely rhine area it's freezing cold today, so to warm up a little fluffy-fluff....
https://archiveofourown.org/works/187762

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 5, 2014 3:45 am  #968

http://archiveofourown.org/works/682743/chapters/1252649
A Shipless Ocean by myswordfishmind
Ten years after the fall, Sherlock goes back to London to find that John no longer lives there. Instead he resides in a seaside town, a widower, and the father of a seven year old son. Now, Sherlock must struggle with the fact that there may no longer be a place for him in this new world.

February 5, 2014 7:44 am  #969

I read that one a while ago, it was quite moving. I can recommend it as well. 

February 7, 2014 9:22 am  #970

Here's one I just found, presumably written after season one called The Empty House and while you're there, check out her other stuff as well
http://doodle-writes.livejournal.com/29455.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

February 13, 2014 2:02 am  #971

Masterlist is (finally) updated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 17, 2014 12:21 am  #972

Here's one I just finished. It's quite a combo of genres/tropes. Casefic, Sherlock hiring a prostitute, eventual Johnlock etc. I enjoyed it. Not the greatest ever, but certainly worth a read

Cannot Help But Fall
John really hadn’t expected to come down for his morning tea on a normal Baker St Sunday and find a strange man asleep on the sofa.

February 17, 2014 7:36 am  #973

So here are two series 3 Johnlock fics I enjoyed. They are based on what happens in the series and continue to tell their own stories. 

"Act IV"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1169857

"Deductions of a Lesser Mind"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1144158

February 20, 2014 11:34 pm  #974

OK, madlori has finally begun posting her Performance in a Leading Role sequel, which is titled
Lifetime Achievement.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1214155?view_adult=true
Unfortunately, it'll be 10 chapters, and she's only posting one each Thursday for the next 10 weeks, so I might wait until it's mostly all posted to start reading. To me, waiting a week between chapters is just crazy-- I won't enjoy it, read that way.  Anyway, it should be a good one! Happy reading, everyone.

February 20, 2014 11:52 pm  #975

ancientsgate wrote:

OK, madlori has finally begun posting her Performance in a Leading Role sequel, which is titled
Lifetime Achievement.
Unfortunately, it'll be 10 chapters, and she's only posting one each Thursday for the next 10 weeks, so I might wait until it's mostly all posted to start reading. To me, waiting a week between chapters is just crazy-- I won't enjoy it, read that way.  Anyway, it should be a good one! Happy reading, everyone.

*happy dance*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 21, 2014 5:06 am  #976

ancientsgate wrote:

Lifetime Achievement.

I already knew - but thanks for the reminder!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 21, 2014 5:14 am  #977

I am re-reading PIALR in preparation :D

February 21, 2014 4:48 pm  #978

SusiGo wrote:

So here are two series 3 Johnlock fics I enjoyed. They are based on what happens in the series and continue to tell their own stories. 

"Act IV"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1169857

"Deductions of a Lesser Mind"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1144158

I haven't quite finished it yet but "Deductions of a Lesser Mind" is really superb.  It reads like a dream (as in written by someone who writes like a professional) and it's an excellent Johnlock answer to some of the unease I felt watching HLV.  Thanks for rec'ing Susi.  This story really hits the spot for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 21, 2014 6:10 pm  #979

Often I will love a story but have no desire to see anything similar happen in the series.  "Deductions of a Lesser Mind" is a good example of that.  I would rather they not go in that direction with Mary.

Going to read "Act IV" this weekend. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 22, 2014 1:44 pm  #980

tonnaree wrote:

Often I will love a story but have no desire to see anything similar happen in the series.  "Deductions of a Lesser Mind" is a good example of that.  I would rather they not go in that direction with Mary.

Going to read "Act IV" this weekend. 

Agree!  It's great, but only as an imaginative alternate reality.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera