BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2013 7:35 pm  #881

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

kittykat wrote:

Anyone reading my work? Just curious...

I live in a cave *looks up at stalagtites*  so I didn't know you were writing Sherlock. Is it Johnlock?  If so, post a link here to get us started! I'd sure take a look.

December 5, 2013 7:43 pm  #882

ancientsgate wrote:

That gal could be a professional writer if she chose to. Class act.

If I'm not mistaken she wrote a novel about a gay couple.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 5, 2013 7:48 pm  #883

ancientsgate wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Anyone reading my work? Just curious...

I live in a cave *looks up at stalagtites*  so I didn't know you were writing Sherlock. Is it Johnlock?  If so, post a link here to get us started! I'd sure take a look.

I post links every time I post something new, both in here and the fanfics from forum members thread ^^

But here's my AO3 page:

http://archiveofourown.org/users/ennisjackgal/works

I have one ongoing johnlock story, but I also write one shots between chapters ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 6, 2013 6:03 am  #884

Pav wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

That gal could be a professional writer if she chose to. Class act.

If I'm not mistaken she wrote a novel about a gay couple.

She wrote an original AU story for the Brokeback Mountain fandom first. Took that story, changed the characters' names and occupations, and had it published by Dreamspinner Press, which is a gay literary press here in the US. The story is called Zero at the Bone and it's available on amazon. Author name Jane Seville.  Good story.

To my knowledge, that's the only thing she's actually had published outside the internet. I meant, she's such a good writer, she could do it full time, for a living, if she so chose. Maybe someday. I'm a fan.

December 6, 2013 6:13 am  #885

kittykat wrote:

I post links every time I post something new, both in here and the fanfics from forum members thread ^^

I told you, I live in a cave. I wasn't kidding.

But here's my AO3 page:
I have one ongoing johnlock story, but I also write one shots between chapters ^^

I don't read WIPs, so didn't look at that longer one, but your shorter works are well done. And I presume you're having fun with your writing, and (to me) that's the major reason to write fan fic.

I'm curious about your author name, ennisjackgal. Obviously you adopted that author name while you were involved with Brokeback Mountain. Did you write in that fandom?  I never did, but I certainly read every single word that was written in the fan fic, from 2005 right through 2008. Millions of words. Wow, those authors turned out quality work. And it was All Slash, All the Time, yay!

Keep up the good work!

December 6, 2013 9:31 am  #886

ancientsgate wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I told you, I live in a cave. I wasn't kidding.

But here's my AO3 page:

I don't read WIPs, so didn't look at that longer one, but your shorter works are well done. And I presume you're having fun with your writing, and (to me) that's the major reason to write fan fic.

I'm curious about your author name, ennisjackgal. Obviously you adopted that author name while you were involved with Brokeback Mountain. Did you write in that fandom?  I never did, but I certainly read every single word that was written in the fan fic, from 2005 right through 2008. Millions of words. Wow, those authors turned out quality work. And it was All Slash, All the Time, yay!

Keep up the good work!

Aye, I've been writing for over two years now. I did start with BBM fanfiction, but over the last two years I've done every kind of story I wanted to do. Now I'm doing something fresh and new ^^

You can read the WIP if you want; I never leave a story unfinished and I'v got the remaining chapters planned out  I'll keep posting links as I add to my work

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 7, 2013 3:27 pm  #887

December 7, 2013 4:36 pm  #888

SusiGo wrote:

So here is another Post-Reichenbach fic by the excellent BeautifulFiction which I really liked. The usual warnings apply. 

"Bloody But Unbowed"

http://archiveofourown.org/works/990555?view_full_work=true

I'm right in the middle of it. Definitely worth reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 9, 2013 11:38 am  #889

Just in case somebody is still reading FF right now and not just freaking out for the new series I recently read a fic that is not listed yet in the Master's list.

The fic is called "A Finger Slip" (41k words, no warnings) and I can hardly find words to tell you how much I loved it. Technically, it's a WIP but the (temporary) last chapter can also serve as an endpoint of the story so I can strongly recommend this to anybody. Oh, and it's a Teen!lock and usually I don't read any AUs at all, so another proof how great it is. 

That's the link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/601000/chapters/1083777 and I will not tell you anything more about it because you just have to read it yourself. Enjoy!

EDIT: my 100th post! Eeek!

Last edited by Marva (December 9, 2013 11:39 am)

The Game is On!

December 11, 2013 6:58 pm  #890

December 16, 2013 6:10 am  #891

Mildredandbobbin's 4-part Reunion series: The Wedding Toast, The Pint, Coffee, and Tea
Not a long, wordy thing, but very well done. I heard via the grapevine that some idiot who should know better put part of this in front of Ben and Martin and wanted them to read it out loud at some event very recently. *cringe* But that's not this story's fault or that of the author. It starts out as gen, ends up as slash. Angst, H/C, romance (or as romantic as Sherlock can make himself be). I enjoyed it. It starts here:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/771390

December 16, 2013 7:41 am  #892

Yes...that was quite a debacle and the fandom are pissed about it. I intend to go and read every one of her fics and reiterate how amazing she is as an author. (If you're curious you can check my Tumblr - I've mostly been blogging/reblogging about this incident all day so most of the information is there - although this thread is not the place to discuss it...sorry)

Also, I'll update the masterlist this weekend.

Last edited by Wholocked (December 16, 2013 7:42 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 16, 2013 10:34 pm  #893

December 17, 2013 1:56 am  #894

ancientsgate wrote:

Mildredandbobbin's 4-part Reunion series: The Wedding Toast, The Pint, Coffee, and Tea
Not a long, wordy thing, but very well done. I heard via the grapevine that some idiot who should know better put part of this in front of Ben and Martin and wanted them to read it out loud at some event very recently. *cringe* But that's not this story's fault or that of the author. It starts out as gen, ends up as slash. Angst, H/C, romance (or as romantic as Sherlock can make himself be). I enjoyed it. It starts here:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/771390

Read that today, and it is really a good one, I enjoyed it!

(PS Some people's kids, eh? I know it would be fascinating, but we have to remember to seperate the real people and the characters as they as as well as the characters as they are from our own fantasies! Good gravy!)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 17, 2013 11:33 am  #895

There was a great fic I read once but I forgot to bookmark it and I can't find it anymore. Maybe somebody here can help me out?

The fic was of medium length, but covered the whole life of John & Sherlock. At one point, John married Mary but still maintained a very close relationship to Sherlock, which was accepted by Mary, too. After she died John only lived with Sherlock. A recurring theme in the fic is Sherlock's wish to go to Kenya one day to see elephants there (which never comes true, though). The fic was very very sweet and I don't remember even if it was a true slash fic, just that John & Sherlock were bonded by a very caring and attentive love for each other .

I'd be really glad if someone could tell me the name if this story.

The Game is On!

December 17, 2013 11:47 am  #896

Oh god I know that one! I can't remember which one it is though. I think it's the one that spans 30 years. I'll try and find it for you

OK no it wasn't the one I thought it was. Sorry. I do know it and it is beautiful but I have no idea how to find it

Last edited by Wholocked (December 17, 2013 11:58 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 17, 2013 1:40 pm  #897

But thanks for the effort, Wholocked!

Maybe someone else finds it and we can appreciate it together once more .

The Game is On!

December 17, 2013 3:05 pm  #898

Tear Us Apart by Mazarin221b  Finally complete, in four parts. A lovely, hot romance, in which John wonders if he has competition for his gorgeous Sherlock's affections, and some good casework goes on, too.

Summary:  It's late summer, and Sherlock is called to investigate a suicide on PC Bob Taylor's doorstep. Problem is, the suicide is actually a murder, and as the bodies begin to pile up, Sherlock spends more and more time with PC Taylor - much to John's dismay.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1032191/chapters/2056586

December 17, 2013 4:25 pm  #899

ancientsgate wrote:

Tear Us Apart by Mazarin221b  Finally complete, in four parts. A lovely, hot romance, in which John wonders if he has competition for his gorgeous Sherlock's affections, and some good casework goes on, too.

Summary:  It's late summer, and Sherlock is called to investigate a suicide on PC Bob Taylor's doorstep. Problem is, the suicide is actually a murder, and as the bodies begin to pile up, Sherlock spends more and more time with PC Taylor - much to John's dismay.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1032191/chapters/2056586

Just saw that this monring.  Have set it aside to read.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 17, 2013 9:24 pm  #900

http://archiveofourown.org/works/160340

Cheater, by Mazarin221b.
Short, should be labeled pre-slash, even though it isn't, and I was mind-boggled how the author caught both their personalities so well in her words. I could *see* them. Lovely work.

Board footera