BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2013 12:10 pm  #861

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Wholocked wrote:

Marva wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

I dislike first person fics

just out of curiosity: why is that? I read this quite often but I don't understand it really (as I am a sucker for them myself, obviously )

I'm not entirely sure. I think because when it's written in the first person, the reader (you) becomes that character, and I don't like that. I'm not John Watson; I'm me. I prefer to read stories in the second or third person as I find it easier to immerse myself in the story's universe that way. Maybe that sounds backwards but I find first person fics just breach that fourth wall in a way that doesn't work for me.

I probably didn't clear that up for you at all.

I don't totally dislike first person POV, but it's not my favorite.  I prefer to be able to know what everyone is thinking!!

It's one of the reasons I did read all the Sookie Stackhouse books that were the inspiration for True Blood.  I had watched the first season of TB and loved it.  Then I picked up the first book and was disapointed to discober that they are all written from Sookie's point of view.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 26, 2013 12:38 pm  #862

Be wrote:

Since it is not finished and the definition of slash is quite fluid I thought I better post it here. I will recommend it there, too.

The definition of slash is when two people of the same gender have sex. Either they're already in a physical relationship or they're at least giving each other the eye and seriously, consciously considering it. In that way, the definition of slash is not in any way fluid, IMO. The fic you rec'd here, where one is "straight" and the other is "asexual", would certainly seem to not contain any slash, not unless one or both of them is busy consciously changing their orientation. I haven't read it, so I can't speak to it for sure, but it didn't sound slashy.

November 29, 2013 6:15 pm  #863

So here is another Post-Reichenbach fic by the excellent BeautifulFiction which I really liked. The usual warnings apply. 

"Bloody But Unbowed"

http://archiveofourown.org/works/990555?view_full_work=true

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2013 6:39 pm  #864

SusiGo wrote:

So here is another Post-Reichenbach fic by the excellent BeautifulFiction which I really liked. The usual warnings apply. 

"Bloody But Unbowed"

I just noticed that, I have it all ready and downloaded to read later! 

-------------------------------------------------------

November 29, 2013 7:14 pm  #865

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 29, 2013 7:48 pm  #866

SusiGo wrote:

"Bloody But Unbowed"

You beat me to it Susi!  Read this today and was going to post tonight at home. 
Nothing like a hot little fic on a cold winter day.  *giggle*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 1, 2013 5:13 pm  #867

Here is a nice Sherlock Returns fic. Johnlock, but neither mature nor explicit. BAMF!John. Hurt/comfort. 

"I Will Take Care Of You" by Sailor Chibi

http://archiveofourown.org/works/516641/chapters/911915

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2013 5:31 pm  #868

SusiGo wrote:

Here is a nice Sherlock Returns fic. Johnlock, but neither mature nor explicit. BAMF!John. Hurt/comfort. 
"I Will Take Care Of You" by Sailor Chibi
http://archiveofourown.org/works/516641/chapters/911915

That actually sounds interesting. I lurves me some BAMF!John.  Some of my fave moments in the series is when he gets to show that side of himself. I think anyone who had John Watson watching their back would be blessed indeed.

December 2, 2013 1:25 am  #869

A new single-chapter fic from FlawedAmythyst for you all to enjoy. Sherlock & John met on the Titanic.

The Sinking of the Titanic
John Watson is interviewed for a documentary being made for the sixtieth anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. The story he tells is not the one the interviewer was expecting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 3, 2013 5:04 am  #870

I don't think I've seen this reccommended here yet, it's quite good! 

echoes through time by chellefic ~ http://archiveofourown.org/works/339204

December 3, 2013 5:41 am  #871

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I've read it some time ago. It is very interesting, and definitely something different from other fics. I liked it a lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 3, 2013 7:05 am  #872

Yes, I read that, too. And really liked it. 

December 3, 2013 7:48 pm  #873

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 3, 2013 8:26 pm  #874

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Spent my lunch break today with this story.  Very nice.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 5, 2013 12:09 pm  #875

According to her tumblr, MadLori is going to release an extensive sequel to PIALR soon.

The Game is On!

December 5, 2013 12:10 pm  #876

Wow! This would be great. 

December 5, 2013 12:57 pm  #877

Marva wrote:

According to her tumblr, MadLori is going to release an extensive sequel to PIALR soon.

REALLY???  ...YAY!!!!!! *dances with joy* So excited!!!! 

December 5, 2013 3:30 pm  #878

Marva wrote:

YAY!  So glad I finally read it!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 5, 2013 5:20 pm  #879

Anyone reading my work? Just curious...

December 5, 2013 7:34 pm  #880

Marva wrote:

*crosses fingers*  I hope so. Kudos to her for NOT releasing this sequel in drawn-out chapters. She's waited until it was all written, all beta'd, and then will release it. That gal could be a professional writer if she chose to. Class act.

Board footera