BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2012 2:19 am  #1

Scene where they find the ciphered wall painted over

I laugh so much at that.

Grabs JOHN by the head - planting both his hands on his friend’s skull.
JOHN:Hey - Sherlock! What you doing?
SHERLOCK:Shush, John. I need you to concentrate. Shut your eyes!
JOHN: What? What for? What you doing?
He clamps JOHN’S arms to his sides - spins round with him, trying to induce a trance-like state.
SHERLOCK: I need you to maximise your visual memory. Try to picture it. Picture what you saw. Can you remember it?
JOHN : Sure. Yeah.
SHERLOCK: You can remember the pattern?
JOHN: Yes, definitely.
SHERLOCK:How much can you remember?
JOHN: Look, don’t worry...
SHERLOCK: Because the average visual memory is only sixty-two per cent accurate.
JOHN: Oh, well I remember all of it.
SHERLOCK: Really?
JOHN: At least I will if I can get to my pockets. I took a photograph.

The look on Sherlock's face - priceless.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 24, 2012 1:21 pm  #2

Re: Scene where they find the ciphered wall painted over

Yeah, I love that bit too. I especially love Sherlock's "really?", something about the way he says that line just makes me laugh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 24, 2012 1:52 pm  #3

Well as usual he was being so clever, ready to do this amazing 'memory grabbing' thing and John out does him with a simple phone.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 8:58 am  #4

I especially love Sherlock's "really?", something about the way he says that line just makes me laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommend the House MD Season 8 DVD, a very good-looking DVD!

June 23, 2012 7:12 am  #5

Oh, I love that scene! I have just watched 'The Blind Banker' and that scene always makes me laugh a lot. Sherlock seems so surprised at the fact that John is clever enough to take a photograph of the cipher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 23, 2012 6:46 pm  #6

yeah,  poor Sherlock is one-upped by  smart John!!  (or a phone-- take your pick)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 24, 2012 10:30 pm  #7

John's phone has an amazing flash to take such a good photo of the graffiti.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 27, 2012 5:14 pm  #8

Yeah. I don't think it's that believable, but it is funny. Very similar to Sherlock trying to deduce where the two couriers were going, when John has it written right there in the notebook.

June 27, 2012 5:32 pm  #9

It goes some way towards making amends for poor Joh. Being called an idiot by Sherlock doesn't it.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera