BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2013 7:34 am  #61

Re: Sherlock: "I don't care what people think."

I never understand what they are doing it for. I mean, when someone spams links to sell something, I can understand that. But always posting the same line... Why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 20, 2013 9:10 am  #62

Yeah, are they paid or anything? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 20, 2013 9:13 am  #63

Pls, don't spoil this or other threads, discuss it in chitchat or on tech support - this bot isn't worth being mentioned everywhere 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 22, 2013 12:59 am  #64

If Sherlock only keeps important stuff in his "hard drive" why does he know the flight schedule of all planes leaviing Heathrow that week? .

It's fairly clear that he minds what others think when he stalks off in a sulk when John is examining the speckled lady and retorts that no one reads sherlocks blog as it talks about 240 different kinds of tobacco smoke.

additionally,anyone notice that he describes John as a "war hero" invalided home from Afaganistan,(in the cab going to the lady in pink crime scene_ then later tells him "there are no heros".?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

May 22, 2013 5:56 am  #65

Well society recognises heroes, but Sherlock doesn't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 22, 2013 3:41 pm  #66

Well, a "war hero" is something different than a "hero". Heroes are always good and unselfish and safe others. Sherlock thinks nobody really does that. A war hero is someone who gets honoured for proving his courage in a war, that's not necessarily the same.
(Or maybe John is Sherlock's hero. )
Wasn't the Dr Watson of the original stories a war hero and got some kind of medal for bravery or so? I can't quite remember.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 22, 2013 4:05 pm  #67

John H Watson served in the Afghan War (2nd), and was wounded in action. There is no mention of him winning a medal (though the orderly who carried him to safety may have?).

Last edited by Tantalus (May 22, 2013 4:06 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 22, 2013 4:55 pm  #68

Ok, then I mixed it up with something else probably. Thanks for answering!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

Board footera