BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2014 2:12 pm  #1281

Re: Your Favourite Fan Mockups/Photoshops

However, if you re-read the original article, you´ll notice that it´s dubious if he used that term at all. It seems those strong words were actually used by a reporter writing the article and weren´t the exact citation of what Benedict had said.

Last edited by nakahara (October 15, 2014 2:25 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 15, 2014 2:18 pm  #1282

I do find these to be a perfectly rational repsonse to all the uproar.  Just use it as new comedy material!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 15, 2014 2:24 pm  #1283

Let´s hope people would unwind in this humorous manner rather than remain seething in rage.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 15, 2014 2:30 pm  #1284

@ nakahara: I wouldn't be surprised - always a good advice to be cautious with media citations before blaming people for things they might never have said or intended 

@ tonnaree: right, it's excellent material! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 15, 2014 8:04 pm  #1285

I would so wear that t-shirt.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 15, 2014 8:19 pm  #1286

More „lustful cockmonsters“, this time used in sections of Sherlock´s dialogue. I probably shouldn´t laugh so hard over this, but it´s hilarious!

“I’m a lustful cockmonster. The only one in the world. I invented the job.”

“The name’s Lustful Cock Monster and the address is 221b Baker Street”

“I may be on the side of the lustful cockmonsters but don’t think for one second that I am one of… oh wait, I AM one of them.”

“My best friend… Sherlock Holmes…. Is a lustful cockmonster.”

Sherlock: ‘so in fact I am…’
John: ‘yeeeess?’
Sherlock: ‘your….’
John: ‘….friend’
Sherlock: ‘lustful cockmonster’
John: ‘of course. Of course you are my lustful cockmonster’

Mycroft: Can we be grownups?! 
John: He's a lustful cockmonster, and I blog about it, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

John: "Lustful Cock Monster"?
Sherlock: I was undercover!
Mary:  Seriously -"Lustful Cock Monster", though?

every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned lustful cockmonster

Nobody could be such a lustful cockmonster"
"You could"

Ah, Mr. Holmes!”
“Lustful cockmonster, please.”

“But initially he wanted to be a lustful cockmonster”

"you don't even know my name"
"is lustful cock monster good enough for you?"

"I’m not a psychopath, I’m a high-functioning lustful cockmonster. Do your research."

“You look like a lustful cockmonster when you think he can’t see you.”

Sherlock: Sherlock Lustful Cockmonster Holmes.
John: Sorry?
Sherlock: That's the whole of it. If you're looking for baby names.

You're not a puzzle-solver; you never have been. You're a lustful cockmonster!

"I want you to tell Lestrade, I want you to tell mrs. Hudson and Molly, in fact tell anyone who will listen to you that I….am a lustful cockmonster"

The best, and the wisest lustful cockmonster I have ever known.

John: You love it, don't you?
Sherlock: Love what?
John: Being a lustful cockmonster.
Sherlock: I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

Last edited by nakahara (October 15, 2014 8:20 pm)

October 15, 2014 8:56 pm  #1287

Cumberbatch is referring to the rapacious slash fiction community that has turned his chilly, acerbic, and distinctly asexual Sherlock into a lustful cock monster.

IMO this is the explanation, the expression from the author. Not from Benedict.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 15, 2014 9:01 pm  #1288

Probably, I agree. But it's a great food for comedy here anyway 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 15, 2014 9:04 pm  #1289

Nakahara, you are evil.

Never stop!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 15, 2014 9:04 pm  #1290

Mattlocked wrote:

Cumberbatch is referring to the rapacious slash fiction community that has turned his chilly, acerbic, and distinctly asexual Sherlock into a lustful cock monster.

IMO this is the explanation, the expression from the author. Not from Benedict.

Not only is this an expression of the reporter, but this expression already appeared in OUT before - in one of their articles. It was actually an expression that first appeared in this open letter (here cited from huffingtonpost.com):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-kluwe/an-open-letter-to-emmett-burns_b_1866216.html

So yes, obviously, those words were never spoken by Ben. 

October 15, 2014 9:09 pm  #1291

Thanks, nakahara, for pointing that out 

October 16, 2014 7:32 am  #1292

October 16, 2014 8:08 am  #1293

October 16, 2014 7:18 pm  #1294

October 16, 2014 8:37 pm  #1295

I see I missed some really serious science today. Shall we call this Science Thursday? Lovely and hilarious. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 17, 2014 8:48 am  #1296

Science Thursday sounds very good!

Now some more pictures - poor, poor Sherlock:

October 17, 2014 11:38 am  #1297

October 17, 2014 1:10 pm  #1298

Fabulous, nakahara

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

October 17, 2014 1:31 pm  #1299

Great, and it is not even Thursday! I love mini Sherlock in the nutshell. And I am still very angry about him not having a BAFTA. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 17, 2014 2:04 pm  #1300

The good thing about not making it to the forum for two days is the flood of funny pics here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera