BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 1, 2012 12:23 pm  #1

The tools of deduction

An article about Sherlock Holmes tools of deduction, particularly the microscope and the magnifying glass.

This won't give a direct link, I don't know why but it will take you to the smithsonian lemon mag home page and for there it can be searched

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/design/2012/07/where-sherlock-holmes-popular-image-came-from/?

Last edited by Davina (August 1, 2012 12:30 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 1, 2012 12:50 pm  #2

Re: The tools of deduction

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 1, 2012 12:59 pm  #3

Re: The tools of deduction

Thanks Kazza. I've looked at what you did to make it work and I think I get it now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera