BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 3, 2012 6:22 pm  #161

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Sherly wrote:

I thought the same thing when I saw this Susi, they really do look like a classic great old-fashioned Hollywood couple. Just beautiful. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 3, 2012 6:23 pm  #162

Gorgeous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 4, 2012 10:43 pm  #163

Awwww.....  so neat how some people have all the right 'look' to their face to be charmingly nice looking, and cutely goofy at the same time, as he does in so many scenes in reaction to something Ben did...  ; )   Or, like... here....  : )  (don't frequent a whole lot of pic sites, so not sure if this one was posted and just didn't notice... just happened to see it and too cute not to share....)

Love it

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 4, 2012 10:54 pm  #164

Russell wrote:

just happened to see it and too cute not to share....)

Love it

Cute if you like pit bulls, lololol.
Is this from Sherlock?

December 4, 2012 11:03 pm  #165

ancientsgate wrote:

Cute if you like pit bulls, lololol.
Is this from Sherlock?

Hee!   Have no idea...  he looks done up as John.  A random candid shot, if nothing else.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 4, 2012 11:04 pm  #166

ancientsgate wrote:

Is this from Sherlock?

It's an outtake from a photoshoot that he did before the first series was aired.  Other shots from this session accompanied print interviews that he did to promote the show.

December 5, 2012 1:59 am  #167

I could not help but notice Martin's 'salute' at the Hobbit Premieres - it is quite clear he doesn't want to be seen as a sex symbol (see the clothing he sports).

Such a change in the Lord of the Rings - franchise!

December 5, 2012 4:48 am  #168

The Doctor wrote:

I could not help but notice Martin's 'salute' at the Hobbit Premieres - it is quite clear he doesn't want to be seen as a sex symbol (see the clothing he sports). Such a change in the Lord of the Rings - franchise!

Martin's on the Dave Letterman show tonight (late night talk show here in the US). I cannot WAIT to see him, see how he's looking these days, etc.

Coming back to edit this to say he looked fabulous. Dressed in a pinstripe suit, and his hair was all done just so with golden highlights. He was funny, engaging, just lovely.

Last edited by ancientsgate (December 5, 2012 10:25 am)

December 5, 2012 8:45 am  #169

They are both so lovely

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 5, 2012 4:43 pm  #170

The best pic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 6, 2012 8:58 am  #171

Martin pose with his Lego Doppelgänger

December 6, 2012 2:24 pm  #172

December 6, 2012 3:00 pm  #173

He has such a wonderful, wonderful smile. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2012 4:13 pm  #174

December 6, 2012 4:14 pm  #175

December 6, 2012 7:20 pm  #176

Sherly wrote:

That might be the cutest thing I'll see today..... *looks over at very cute cat*..... yep, sorry, cat, Martin wins... for today, anyway. *g*

December 6, 2012 7:25 pm  #177

Sherly wrote:

You know, Ben gets a lot of kudos (and rightfully so) for the way he transforms himself into Sherlock. But look at this picture of Martin and how different the real Martin is from his John persona. John doesn't smile like this hardly ever.... he walks around with a constant Sherlock-induced headache, lol, plus who can smile when he's running full tilt over the London rooftops, finding heads and thumbs in the fridge, carrying on a conversation with someone who can't be bothered to unglue his eyeballs from a microscope, and constantly defending his sexual orientation? Martin needs a lot more credit for what he brings to the Sherlock franchise. Wonderful actor. And cute. Did I add that he's very very cute? Yes, he is.

December 6, 2012 7:27 pm  #178

ancientsgate wrote:

Sherly wrote:

That might be the cutest thing I'll see today..... *looks over at very cute cat*..... yep, sorry, cat, Martin wins... for today, anyway. *g*

Haha! Poor cat... But, to be fair, my cats also can't compete with Martin, even if they ARE really cuddly-well, perhaps they can, sometimes. But today not. Not after seen this picture...

Well, he's just soo cute. His smile is lovely. So lovely...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

December 6, 2012 8:15 pm  #179

Just watch Martin's adorable facial expression in these pictures - if you manage not to get too distracted by the shirt of his fellow actor.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (December 6, 2012 8:25 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 6, 2012 8:22 pm  #180

Those facial expressions are always in almost any scene of Sherlock SO remarkable!

Hm... I think I have to watch all episodes once again next weekend - just for Martin's gorgeous expressions.
All science, you know. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera