BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2012 7:32 am  #61

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Yes, hard to bear, isn't it? Especially when you know exactly what he's in for.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 8, 2012 1:18 pm  #62

SusiGo wrote:

I think I've been a bit unfair to Martin, always posting these Benedict pics and none of him. Well, here's one. One of his most heartbreaking moments from TRF:

Awww, sweet John. *loves* I so often feel bad for the poor guy. I love his life in Sherlock's shadow, and I think he does, too (most of the time), but what a difficult life it can be at times!  And of course in TRF, the tears flow freely-- for him, for Sherlock, and for us. *weeps*  Such a lovely character, lovely actor, and thank God for the skillful writers who give him his lines and stage direction. Whew, what great casting and writing and direction and and and and.....  oops, I guess I got started there, huh? Sweet John.....

October 8, 2012 1:19 pm  #63

No problem. *handing over a tissue*

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 8, 2012 2:49 pm  #64

AG, you forgot Benedict. He also cried at TRF as we know by now... 
Please, is there a tissue for me, too?

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 8, 2012 2:50 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 8, 2012 6:40 pm  #65

One of his most heartbreaking moments from TRF

Just one of many, alas!

One of the most touching, to me at least, is after Sherlock's fall, when John waves off the people who are trying to comfort him.  (Just like a man -- you could rip his leg off, and what would he say?  "I'm fine.")  That, and at the cemetery, after he's had his say, when he nods then turns to leave.  Somehow, John's attempts to "get back to normal" get to me even more deeply than the more overtly sad parts.

October 8, 2012 6:43 pm  #66

Mattlocked wrote:

Sherlock's tears on the rooftop were heart-wrenching. Some cynical fans have said they were crocodile tears, just shed for effect-- you know how he can act all silly and happy when he wants to, how he can school his face with certain expressions to fool others, etc. But why would he shed fake tears on a rooftop where no one can see them? John didn't have any binoculars there on the ground, 70 feet below, after all. My smooshy heart wants them to have been real.

But anyway, in my earlier post, I was talking about how *we* cried (the watchers)-- for John, for Sherlock and even for ourselves as our wee little hearts were dragged through all that angst. *mmmm, loves me some angst, 'cause I'm such a sicko, lol*

Sorry, this is off topic. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. More MF and John photos, please and thanks!

October 8, 2012 6:45 pm  #67

Carol the Dabbler wrote:

at the cemetery, after he's had his say, when he nods then turns to leave.  Somehow, John's attempts to "get back to normal" get to me even more deeply than the more overtly sad parts.

Ever the soldier. The nod, the military turn on one heel, the marching stance he took as he left the grave behind. All stiff upper lip, correct posture, control. Comrades in arms die, they are lost, but life goes on, the battle goes on, and so John marched off into whatever future he had without Sherlock, his friend and fellow soldier in the war against evil.

October 8, 2012 6:51 pm  #68

ancientsgate wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Sherlock's tears on the rooftop were heart-wrenching. Some cynical fans have said they were crocodile tears, just shed for effect-- you know how he can act all silly and happy when he wants to, how he can school his face with certain expressions to fool others, etc. But why would he shed fake tears on a rooftop where no one can see them? John didn't have any binoculars there on the ground, 70 feet below, after all. My smooshy heart wants them to have been real.

But anyway, in my earlier post, I was talking about how *we* cried (the watchers)-- for John, for Sherlock and even for ourselves as our wee little hearts were dragged through all that angst. *mmmm, loves me some angst, 'cause I'm such a sicko, lol*

Sorry, this is off topic. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. More MF and John photos, please and thanks!

Yeah, but I didn't write about Sherlock, it was about Ben. As watcher.
He told Louise in Cheltenham.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 8, 2012 6:57 pm  #69

Another little contribution, also from Reichenbach.

My favourite John outfit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 9, 2012 9:23 am  #70

October 9, 2012 9:26 am  #71

Love the one in the middle. 

October 10, 2012 7:24 am  #72

Me too
He looks fantastic

Last edited by Sherly (October 10, 2012 7:25 am)

October 11, 2012 7:20 am  #73

Another nice one:

October 12, 2012 1:23 am  #74

SusiGo wrote:

Another nice one:

Oh Susi - I'm in love!!!   What a sweet expression!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 12, 2012 1:35 am  #75

KeepersPrice wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Another nice one:

Oh Susi - I'm in love!!!   What a sweet expression!

Such a cutie. Unfortunately, lately all I can see in a gif like this is his Hobbit character. *laugh* Oh, god, we need some new Sherlock in the worst way, don't we.

October 13, 2012 7:26 am  #76

You guys might want to explore all the screen caps from World of Pub from 2001.

Last edited by Wholocked (October 13, 2012 11:42 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 13, 2012 7:33 am  #77

Oh! The two images aren't working for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 13, 2012 9:40 am  #78

Click on the link instead

Don't know why they wouldn't be working they come up for me
I'm using Firefox??? Maybe? Something? Dunno. Working fine on mine

Last edited by Wholocked (October 13, 2012 10:05 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 13, 2012 11:40 am  #79

Doesn't work for me either Wholocked. Wish it did 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 13, 2012 11:42 am  #80

I took them out. They weren't showing up when I check them in Chrome (thought they were)

I understand the reasons why, but geez sites that make linking to them difficult are annoying!

Worth a look though

Let me try again...yes these links seem to be working in Chrome (not that they're any different?!)

Screen caps from World of Pub from 2001.

Last edited by Wholocked (October 13, 2012 11:45 am)

Board footera