BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2013 5:35 pm  #621

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Harriet wrote:

Q: You own a miniature long-haired dachshund called Archie. Does having a small dog compromise your masculinity?

A: Occasionally. Fortunately though I’m already an actor and wear nicely tailored coats, so it doesn’t make much difference. It can get a bit too much though. One day recently I was wearing quite a poncey coat and walking Archie around Old Compton Street and suddenly thought ‘oh Christ’. I felt like such a lord. Where would fashion be without the feminine touch, though? You need that in art, fashion, everything. No one I know is a jock, I don’t have any jock friends, that’s why I went into fucking acting to begin with.

http://johnnydeppseyeliner.tumblr.com/post/45837842020/branstarks-you-own-a-miniature-long-haired

Nice photos, love the quote!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 14, 2013 4:45 pm  #622

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 14, 2013 5:16 pm  #623

She needs a shock blanket. And John... well, John..

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 14, 2013 5:23 pm  #624

That smile gets me every time

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 14, 2013 6:45 pm  #625

kittykat wrote:

I know.... I just 'aww'd aloud at that!  Awesome little bit.  Sherlock in full-steam-aggravated-calculating and John, again, goes from this-is-so-very-bad-sherlock-wth-have-you-done to omg-you're-amazing in one second flat again.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 14, 2013 6:56 pm  #626

Russell wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I know.... I just 'aww'd aloud at that! Awesome little bit. Sherlock in full-steam-aggravated-calculating and John, again, goes from this-is-so-very-bad-sherlock-wth-have-you-done to omg-you're-amazing in one second flat again.

Love this shot!

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

August 14, 2013 7:02 pm  #627

So cute!

August 14, 2013 7:10 pm  #628

Benedict's favourite shot of Martin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 15, 2013 9:44 pm  #629

August 15, 2013 10:43 pm  #630

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 15, 2013 10:45 pm  #631

tonnaree wrote:

Oh my

August 16, 2013 1:08 am  #632

kittykat wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Oh my

I know, right? Sherlock might like this framed somewhere in the flat. Oh oh.  THUD

August 16, 2013 6:29 am  #633

tonnaree wrote:

Oh, awww

August 16, 2013 12:16 pm  #634

He's cute but still badass

August 16, 2013 1:00 pm  #635

kittykat wrote:

He's cute but still badass

Yes, which is exactly why I like him so much.

August 16, 2013 1:04 pm  #636

I just love his sense of humour

August 16, 2013 1:22 pm  #637

kittykat wrote:

I just love his sense of humour

...and the dead-earnest expression on his face that goes with it

But I also get those who have a hard time understanding the punchline, I think you either love or hate his idea of a joke. I love it

August 16, 2013 1:28 pm  #638

I love it! Maybe it's a British thing, I don't know. But we do tend to be very deadpan with humour. He's got a very dry wit He's said some things which could come across as arrogant from anyone else, but you can tell that it's not the case with him. Like the **** you, I won a BAFTA thing, that was hilarious!

August 16, 2013 1:39 pm  #639

The BAFTA line was hilarious, and I mean Graham Norton sort of provoked it a bit I would say

August 16, 2013 1:46 pm  #640

That's what he does, and he knows exactly what he gets himself into! 

Have you seen Bruiser? Martin was so great in that!

Board footera