BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2013 6:27 pm  #541

Re: Favourite Martin pics

kittykat wrote:

That wallpaper's awful, isn't it?

I would rather not have it in my flat. But in 221B...it's iconic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 2, 2013 6:37 pm  #542

Well, yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 2, 2013 6:43 pm  #543

tobeornot221b wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I would rather not have it in my flat. But in 221B...it's iconic!

I wouldn't want it either. But you get used to it. And eventually you like it because of Sherlock.
I always wonder why they chose it at all. Can't be a random wallpaper. Fleurs de lys?? Any ideas?

August 2, 2013 6:45 pm  #544

Well, it's Mrs Hudson's house. I guess it's just her taste?

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 2, 2013 6:48 pm  #545

Maybe. But I rather think that there is something else ...

August 2, 2013 9:39 pm  #546

I'm not fond of John's shirt either.  Not the biggest fan of checks.   It's only saving grace is that it's being worn by the most adorable Retired Army Dr in the universe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 3, 2013 5:50 am  #547

Well I think both he and the wallpaper look great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2013 8:09 am  #548

kittykat wrote:

Actually that bold design flocked material wallpaper is very "in" these days. Accent walls done in bold wallpaper are being used in interior design now, after a couple of decades of all of them telling us that any wallpaper belonged only in grandma's house. What goes around, comes around, in fashion of all kinds.

August 3, 2013 8:11 am  #549

Be wrote:

I always wonder why they chose it at all. Can't be a random wallpaper. Fleurs de lys?? Any ideas?

It's *hugely* expensive, I can tell you that. A lot of those types of fancy wallpapers are custom-made and cost a couple hundred dollars a roll. I kid you not.

August 3, 2013 12:48 pm  #550

Yeah, but the house is in Britain...

August 3, 2013 5:38 pm  #551

And these papers are incredibly fashionable in  the UK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2013 5:51 pm  #552

August 3, 2013 6:10 pm  #553

Don't forget to eat, John...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 3, 2013 6:13 pm  #554

I think he's a bit preoccupied by the vision sat opposite him!

August 3, 2013 6:50 pm  #555

kittykat wrote:

The guy sat at the back reminds me of Donna Noble's grandad, Wilfred, from Doctor Who.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 3, 2013 8:45 pm  #556

besleybean wrote:

And these papers are incredibly fashionable in  the UK.

I've seen several home design shows on US TV that's talked about ordering custom wallpapers from England, and they're all similar to that black flocked thing in S/J's LR, that kind of bold look. Unbelievably expensive, too.

August 3, 2013 11:54 pm  #557

August 4, 2013 5:19 am  #558

kittykat wrote:

Getting tired of your Sh** Sherlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 4, 2013 4:40 pm  #559

August 4, 2013 4:57 pm  #560

Oh, he looks so cute on that last one...

(oh, a skull ! hehe)

Oh, and it's probably been posted here before but... what on earth is that pic??!!  (wouldn't mind sharing a Bounty or a Twix with him, hehe )

Last edited by Punch me in the face (August 4, 2013 4:58 pm)

Just like old times...

Board footera