BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2013 8:59 am  #401

Re: Favourite Martin pics

I like this picture, too, because of the hidden side this John Watson has. It is the opposite to Sherlock's hidden heart. I think it is the first time that I like the interpretation of a Dr. Watson. In previous interpretations he is just the silly sidekick. Martin Freeman and the writers give him enough strength to stand next to Sherlock.

June 12, 2013 1:26 pm  #402

tonnaree wrote:

Found myself watching Hitchhiker's Guide again last night.  Martin is fraking adorable.   That is all.

He really is isn't he? Adorable indeed  

-------------------------------------------------------

June 12, 2013 1:28 pm  #403

Maggi13 wrote:

Russell wrote:

Well, here we are thudding left and right (seriously, are any of you left standing?? ) over a certain favorite 'pin-up' in a certain other thread (hey, not that I'd ever complain!), and..... I thought it only fair that this gentleman here also got a pin-up while we're at it. Because, seriously, albeit in quite a different way.... also 'wow'...

Wow, the second one just made my heart stop. After two days of detox I really needed this. Thank you Russell.

Oh those are FABULOUS pics!  

-------------------------------------------------------

June 12, 2013 4:42 pm  #404

KeepersPrice wrote:

Felt the need to re-post a screen shot I did a while back because it seems to illustrate a lovely description I found in a fan fic - from 'The Paradox Series" by wordstrings, chapter titled 'Wider Than A Mile':

There are times, Sherlock knows, when he is amazing. When he is a supercomputer, when he is a blood hound, when he is a marauder and the prize in his sights is an Army doctor with a sweet, gentle face and a deadly trigger finger.

What a nice shot of him. This brings tears to my eyes. Thanks for posting. 

June 12, 2013 4:50 pm  #405

Regarding people loving certain 'dashing' pics lately, not to mention his wonderful various faces........

Alright!  Alright, ladies!  Settle down, I will now address the matter at hand!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 12, 2013 6:08 pm  #406

Keep Calm and Simmer Down!
Wonderful!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

June 12, 2013 6:10 pm  #407

Speaking of faces - just found this hilarious one...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 12, 2013 6:49 pm  #408

Be wrote:

I like this picture, too, because of the hidden side this John Watson has. It is the opposite to Sherlock's hidden heart. I think it is the first time that I like the interpretation of a Dr. Watson. In previous interpretations he is just the silly sidekick. Martin Freeman and the writers give him enough strength to stand next to Sherlock.

Oh, I don't know about the silly sidekick thing. I'm currently watching some old BBC series on PBS here in the States. It was made in like 1985, and it's fabulous. And that John is very much, as that Sherlock always introduces him to others, Sherlock's "friend and colleague". There is no silliness whatsoever in him. And whoever the actor is, he's quite adorable and endearing, as "our" John is-- blond, nice smile, always willing to lend a hand and soothe people, while his Sherlock stews someplace in his mysterious mind palace, and then gets to be the hero that saves the day in the end. I'll go now and see if I can find actors' names. BRB...

Here ya go, this is it
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086661/

June 12, 2013 6:51 pm  #409

tobeornot221b wrote:

Speaking of faces - just found this hilarious one...

That's a manip. I'd bet my last couple of coins on it.

June 12, 2013 6:54 pm  #410

Or is it mid yawn?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 12, 2013 6:58 pm  #411

ancientsgate wrote:

That's a manip. I'd bet my last couple of coins on it.

No, it's not!  I just made this screen cap some minutes ago. It's from TBB where John is like:  "I need to sleep - just twenty minutes."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 12, 2013 9:15 pm  #412

I would snuggle the hell out of him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 13, 2013 1:02 am  #413

Speaking of snuggles, wanted to share this with you guys since I have crazy facebook friends who like to send me this stuff:

Seriously! Did that NOT make you laugh?

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

June 13, 2013 1:39 am  #414

My favorite XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 13, 2013 4:52 am  #415

This split second lasting happy little smile...isn't it cute?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 13, 2013 5:30 pm  #416

Aww, this is cute indeed! 

Good night.

Last edited by Maggi13 (June 13, 2013 9:54 pm)

June 14, 2013 2:18 pm  #417

From the Graham Norton show "I won a BFTA" moment.  
Has anyone else ever looked this adorable dropping the F*** bomb?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 14, 2013 5:17 pm  #418

tonnaree wrote:

From the Graham Norton show "I won a BFTA" moment.  
Has anyone else ever looked this adorable dropping the F*** bomb?

Many times, of course.     Plus the moment of Ben swearing (unintentionally at first) at the Cheltenham thing he did with Louise.  There's annoying swearing for the sake of swearing, and there's otherwise adorably gentlemanly people surprising you with a rare one out of the blue for a laugh.  As you said....  adorable. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

June 14, 2013 6:41 pm  #419

One of many fave martin pics

June 14, 2013 8:11 pm  #420

Ems1 wrote:

One of many fave martin pics

I just 'awwww!'-ed out loud... never seen that one before and what a sweet shot! 

Board footera