BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2013 11:19 pm  #341

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Mary Me wrote:

I like cranes. Just saw one last week on our school building.

Not sure how related they are to cranes, but we have Great Blue Herons here-- gorgeous, and when flying they look quite like huge pterodactyls, something out of Jurassic Park!

May 27, 2013 12:23 am  #342

ancientsgate wrote:

Davina wrote:

Aww! If only we had cranes here! The only cranes we have are the big metal ones used for building high buildings etc.  

Another example of "how in heck does anyone learn English?", crane birds and crane construction rigs. Not to mention craning your neck-- yet a 3rd definition for the same word.

I had to look up jemmy. Never heard that word before. What we call a crowbar. Weird thing for him to be hanging onto-- I doubt Ben needs help with his wardrobe, alas. ???

Hee... no kidding....  this is reminding me of all the friendly debate when they finally gave the excited masses the next 'three words' describing Series 3 episodes to give us something to muse over again while waiting -- rat, wedding, bow....  never mind that 'bow' had so many ways to be understood!  ;D
(back on topic, I keep going back to that pic....   awww.. just love that smile!  )

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 27, 2013 7:18 am  #343

Yeah, it is a crowbar here too. We usually use 'jemmy' or 'jimmy' when it used for burglary.  We do have enormous herons here too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 27, 2013 7:44 am  #344

May 27, 2013 11:42 am  #345

besleybean wrote:

Walking stick?

Well, Martin is short but not that short

Maybe it is his attempt to create a Friday Stick Day to distract from Mondays?

May 31, 2013 4:52 am  #346

. . . . How did I miss the last pic up there when it was first posted?  Nearly fell over chuckling.  And how is he always so freaking adorable?? 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 31, 2013 8:06 am  #347

Oh my! Martin, stop being so bloody adorable 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 1, 2013 4:56 pm  #348

ancientsgate wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Wonderful pic, Watson's Girl. I just love that smile. It makes me smile right back at him. Have you seen this fan vid?

Oh, lovely! *claps hands* S/J are two peas in a pod, aren't they, except for how very different they are, lol.

Can someone explain to me why this vid made me cry?! What the hell is going on with me? 

June 1, 2013 6:08 pm  #349

Maggi13 wrote:

Can someone explain to me why this vid made me cry?! What the hell is going on with me? 

Oh, everything is just fine! You are Sherlocked and this video is absolutely..........absolutely.... well........ 
I think I need to get that song now so I'm going to have that vid playing in my head each time I listen to it.........

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 1, 2013 6:14 pm  #350

Well in that case, I am relieved *phew*
This vid is just amazing!

June 1, 2013 7:57 pm  #351

Just watched Reichenbach the..... tenth? time - and still sobbing at the end seeing John at the grave........ 

June 1, 2013 8:02 pm  #352

Really? I just watched it too.
So freaking sad.
Even though they clear it up but to see John like this is the worst!

June 1, 2013 8:05 pm  #353

Well the worst so far!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 1, 2013 8:11 pm  #354

Sometimes I cry, sometimes not. Today seems a crying day.
Martin is just brilliant!

June 1, 2013 8:24 pm  #355

besleybean wrote:

Well the worst so far!

Probably.. I can't wait to see what is going to happen. 
His face will be priceless

June 1, 2013 9:35 pm  #356

Maggi13 wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Wonderful pic, Watson's Girl. I just love that smile. It makes me smile right back at him. Have you seen this fan vid?

Oh, lovely! *claps hands* S/J are two peas in a pod, aren't they, except for how very different they are, lol.

It's called chemistry. Ben/Martin and their Sherlock/John have it, and in turn, we have it with them.
And anyway, if we knew what was going on with us, we'd fix it and put ourselves out of this misery, lol.

June 1, 2013 9:38 pm  #357

Mattlocked wrote:

Just watched Reichenbach the..... tenth? time - and still sobbing at the end seeing John at the grave........

Only the best scene of all six episodes, IMO. But then I have been called the Queen of Angst, so as you can imagine, I was born to absorb scenes like that right through my pores.  Well-written, well-acted, wonderfully angsty, that scene was priceless. Loved it. Hated it. Ate it up with a spoon!

June 1, 2013 9:40 pm  #358

Maggi13 wrote:

Right! Nice deduction.
So I call it chemistry and hormones then?!

Hormones *are* chemistry, yes. Indeed.

June 1, 2013 9:48 pm  #359

ancientsgate wrote:

Maggi13 wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

It's called chemistry. Ben/Martin and their Sherlock/John have it, and in turn, we have it with them.
And anyway, if we knew what was going on with us, we'd fix it and put ourselves out of this misery, lol.

Right! Nice deduction.
So I call it chemistry and hormones then?!

June 1, 2013 9:49 pm  #360

Sorry for the cross post. I always forget to quote properly. And got quoted during my correction :-)

Board footera