BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2013 12:15 am  #301

Re: Favourite Martin pics

I'm always late to the party.  Has this one been posted here yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 10, 2013 8:24 pm  #302

Another screenshot from ASiP: John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 10, 2013 8:54 pm  #303

QE - thanks!  I just love the way John is introduced to us in the first show - so sad and alone and yet there's something so stoic and noble in his suffering. I loved him from the start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 10, 2013 8:57 pm  #304

Yes, a great one, QE 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 15, 2013 5:27 pm  #305

So….. I'm still working on catching our boys in a few of the good-seeming older titles they've been in, and I randomly came across this on pinterest.  Almost scrolled past it until I realized 'whoah, wait…. those -eyes-!'  ;D   I don't recall hearing a whole lot about Nightwatching, until I refreshed my memories with that 'good performances' thread of his where you guys talked about it, and how it was lesser known but very artsy intriguing.  Had no idea what he looked like in it though, and figured at least others who hadn't caught this yet would enjoy seeing him like this too….   color me intrigued! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 15, 2013 6:05 pm  #306

Wow! You recognised him by his eyes? I never would have!

May 15, 2013 8:58 pm  #307

Russell wrote:

That might be the scariest-looking thing I've seen in a coon's age.

May 15, 2013 11:48 pm  #308

For those who are interested - pretty much full frontal nudity near the beginning of this movie too  .  Over quickly, but not too much left to the imagination. Russell, your signature line under the picture made me laugh. 

I have not yet finished this movie - very beautiful visually, but somewhat incomprehensible in that artsy, fartsy way...

May 16, 2013 3:23 am  #309

Myraya wrote:

Wow! You recognised him by his eyes? I never would have!

Hee… well, uh, sort of!   It was more of a generic uncertain familiarity with 'that face' as passing over it, then blinked and looked again, just the overall shape of his face and nose/eyes really being the recognizable features through the hair, you know?

Also, ag - lol!    I don't suppose you'd like to see another from the same shoot, then? 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

May 16, 2013 3:33 am  #310

Russell wrote:

.....Also, ag - lol! I don't suppose you'd like to see another from the same shoot, then?

Sure, go for it. I've got my shock socks on, so I can take it. I think.

May 16, 2013 4:03 am  #311

ancientsgate wrote:

Russell wrote:

.....Also, ag - lol! I don't suppose you'd like to see another from the same shoot, then?

Sure, go for it. I've got my shock socks on, so I can take it. I think.

Hee….  made me laugh back with that comment… shock socks, hmm?  *devious grin*  Hope this doesn't knock them off.  Really, kind of interesting seeing him all scruffy/time-period-y, no?  No?   
Oh, and re: KP's earlier comment to me….  just laughed at, too!  Lol…  totally didn't notice that.

He's waaaatching youuuuu!  ;D

May 21, 2013 1:30 pm  #312

KeepersPrice wrote:

QE - thanks! I just love the way John is introduced to us in the first show - so sad and alone and yet there's something so stoic and noble in his suffering. I loved him from the start.

Same here , there truly is no better best, loyal and devoted friend than John Watson...and Martin fills that role so completely, and expands upon it in a way I never would've dreamed, though Sherlock is my favourite I have a hard time deciding at times...because, they're both so amazing in their own unique ways it feels like there is no Sherlock without John, and vice versa...they're soul mates, I don't believe soul mates has to be considered actual "mates", you can have a soul mate in friendship too. 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 21, 2013 3:13 pm  #313

Martin and a cup of coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 21, 2013 5:41 pm  #314

Nice one, Mary. From the set today, isn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 21, 2013 5:43 pm  #315

I actually think it's an old one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 21, 2013 6:20 pm  #316

Those pics have probably already been posted but...

When I spotted Martin Freeman for the 1st time, it was 11 years ago, in a certain movie. Found him cute but can't say I was too fond of his, hmm, clothing style?

Priceless

Just like old times...

May 21, 2013 9:04 pm  #317

He's darn wiv de bruvvers in de hood innit.  Got a pink version of that scarf he's wearing under the baseball cap! 

Last edited by Davina (May 21, 2013 9:05 pm)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 21, 2013 9:21 pm  #318

ah ah yeah, when I was a kid (let's say between the age of 7 and the age of 10-11) I wear those bandanas EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! :-D  Had them in every colour possible, and I had exactly the same one as Martin (with exactly the same design and all)

Just like old times...

May 21, 2013 9:22 pm  #319

Mary Me wrote:

Such a cute man, and he seems like a good-natured sort. Hideous jacket, though. My husband has a jacket like that he wears to go out and move the snow around in the winter.

May 21, 2013 9:23 pm  #320

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Nice one, Mary. From the set today, isn't it?

I really really really hope it's not still cold enough in the UK to wear a jacket like that on May 21! Eeek.

Board footera