BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2016 7:23 pm  #2901

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Lovely in real life.
Boring in Sherlock.
Marry in real life and I'll be the first to cheer you.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 3, 2016 7:26 pm  #2902

I'm not sure they haven't!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 3, 2016 9:48 pm  #2903

As long as they are happy together, who cares! But they do look happy there.

Clueing for looks.

June 3, 2016 9:49 pm  #2904

A couple of sweeties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 4, 2016 1:23 am  #2905

besleybean wrote:

I'm not sure they haven't!

He as much as said they have married in this interview with the Times back a few months ago. None of our business, as he and Ben both like to remind their fans, so whatevs, you know? Who cares.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3352037/Martin-Freeman-hints-s-tied-knot-long-term-girlfriend-Amanda-Abbington.html

June 4, 2016 7:11 am  #2906

Sorry, I'm laughing a bit at that.
Certainly Benedict's engagement and I think his marriage too, were published in The Times...so they kind of chose to make it our business!
I am kind of disappointed with Amanda and Martin.
With my views on marriage, I always held them up as the exemplar couple who didn't need a silly piece of paper.
It's a shame they've weakened and I really don't get it when couples do that...when they'e already living and raising  family together.
For me,your status should change from the day before you are married- other wise, what is the point?
You were as much married then as you are now!
But that's just me.

June 4, 2016 8:29 am  #2907

There's many legal advantages, especially when children and finances are involved, to become married. Inheritance, etc.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 4, 2016 9:53 am  #2908

I know, that's my point.
It's just a boring legal contract...
Not very Romantic.
And anyway I never really accept the legal thing.
What advantages?
Even married couples have to haggle over the children and you can have joint bank accounts/mortgage/lease and make wills without being married. I actually don't agree with married couples having tax benefits.
 And when it's rcih celebrities, money is hardly a great concern to them.
I am no anarchist, but I honestly see marriage as another form of state control.

Last edited by besleybean (June 4, 2016 9:59 am)

June 4, 2016 10:23 am  #2909

Here is a pretty comprehensive list of differences between marriage rights and cohabitation rights in the UK. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/relationships/living-together-marriage-and-civil-partnership/living-together-and-marriage-legal-differences/

June 4, 2016 10:26 am  #2910

See I think if people are honest about marriage, it's fine.
Just don' pretend it's romantic and about love...if it's about legal rights and monetary benefits!
I know to a certain extent one has to play the state system, but even so.
Anyway, they are a lovely couple and I only wish them well.

June 4, 2016 3:05 pm  #2911

Fascinating conversation but not quite why we're here.

TOPIC!

Martin Freeman is a lovely creature, let's post pictures of him!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 4, 2016 6:33 pm  #2912

Yes, and I think this thread should be re-titled "Favorite John/Martin pictures"!

June 4, 2016 6:53 pm  #2913

*fans herself*

(And is that the rage sniff?)

Last edited by Vhanja (June 4, 2016 6:55 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 4, 2016 9:52 pm  #2914

It looks like it might be!

Clueing for looks.

June 4, 2016 10:12 pm  #2915

Oh, my... Honestly, I never found Martin attractive before. Nor Ben, before I saw him dressed up as Sherlock. But Martin is, well... he just looks like himself most of the time, doesn't he?

But that photo. That photo, Vhanja... Something about the expression. Goodness. Pass me the fan, I have a sudden need to use it!

June 6, 2016 6:43 am  #2916

Some pics from yesterday´s awards:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 6, 2016 6:43 am  #2917

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 6, 2016 6:45 am  #2918

June 6, 2016 11:48 am  #2919

Don't think we've seen that grey suit before.  Quite snazzy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 6, 2016 12:07 pm  #2920

Bloody hell!!
That is a couple of nice pics!
I don't know what he has for breakfast but he looks damn fine lately!
If only he was a bit taller....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera