BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2016 1:23 am  #2781

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Cheeky bugger.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 14, 2016 12:51 pm  #2782

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 14, 2016 12:55 pm  #2783

Love their broship. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 14, 2016 1:00 pm  #2784

Now mrshouse, what do we say about "B"s?

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 14, 2016 1:07 pm  #2785

So....
Roship??

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 14, 2016 1:11 pm  #2786

Just "ship".

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 14, 2016 3:49 pm  #2787

Excuse me...these are real actors we are speaking about here- a bit of respect, please.
But yes, on a lighter note: why have I not seen any of these fab gifts before?
They are beautiful and show their working relationship so well.
I've only ever heard Martin be quite professional(or taking the p-ss!)...
But Benedict speaks glowingly about how supportive Martin is when they are working together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 14, 2016 4:24 pm  #2788

Sorry to be a pain, but where exactly does anybody lack respect?

April 14, 2016 4:45 pm  #2789

You're not being a pain at all.
I personally don't like jokes about shipping actors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 14, 2016 4:56 pm  #2790

Nobody ships the real life persons here, I think.
They are in a professional situation just showing their wonderful chemistry that also displays on screen. The rest was just toying around with old jokes and semantics.
It's not that the private persons were caught off guard going out together in a club or something.

April 14, 2016 4:58 pm  #2791

I understand all of that, I just personally didn't like the joke.

April 14, 2016 5:00 pm  #2792

But that's a matter of taste then, nothing to be inspected for unsuitable content.

April 14, 2016 6:05 pm  #2793

Ladies, I think this still counts as a joke that may not have been to everybody's liking. I am usually very strict about anything close to Freebatch (I have even blacklisted the tag on my tumblr) but I think this is okay. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 14, 2016 6:06 pm  #2794

Your call, of course.

April 14, 2016 6:10 pm  #2795

nakahara wrote:

Oh, yum.  I love this. Love Martin's hair, too. They look goooood, a sight for sore eyes, eh?

April 14, 2016 6:11 pm  #2796

A really, natural and human shot...showing the affection and humour.
Lovely.

April 14, 2016 6:24 pm  #2797

Well Susi nailed the problem, for me, but obviously I have to abide by her ruling.

We cross posted Ancientsgate.
That would have been fine, except for the word ' romance ' being mentioned.
Though I confess the fact that shipping can also refer to  a friendship, is a new one on me.

Last edited by besleybean (April 14, 2016 6:26 pm)

April 14, 2016 6:24 pm  #2798

I honestly was just joking about our running B joke but I will watch my context.
  I do not ship real life people either. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 14, 2016 6:26 pm  #2799

Thank you, dear.

April 14, 2016 6:35 pm  #2800

besleybean wrote:

Well Susi nailed the problem, for me, but obviously I have to abide by her ruling.

We cross posted Ancientsgate.
That would have been fine, except for the word ' romance ' being mentioned.
Though I confess the fact that shipping can also refer to  a friendship, is a new one on me.

Oh, I see what you mean.  I didn't understand the Roship thing, I'd never heard of that, so it went over my head.
Now I see where a joke might have come in.... 

Yes, friendship fan fic is a wonderful thing. I personally haven't read a whole lot of it in this fandom or any other, since my tastes run to M/M slash for that type of reading, but yeah....  it's be real easy to write a friendship fic around John and Sherlock.  Only thing is, the author would have to be really really careful not to turn it into pre-slash, since the characters' on-screen chemistry is so very deep and is absolutely not just simple , uncomplicated friendship, whether or not anyone ever believes it could be "something more".

Sorry, I know this isn't a thread about fan fic, so back to Martin gawking!

Board footera