BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2016 4:45 pm  #2741

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Like the hair, don't like the face fuzz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 18, 2016 4:51 pm  #2742

*thinking dirty thoughts about Martin's fuzz*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 18, 2016 5:52 pm  #2743

besleybean wrote:

Like the hair, don't like the face fuzz.

It looks soft, though. Alas, we were never know for sure, lol.

March 18, 2016 6:07 pm  #2744

It's just me, I have a thing about body hair...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 18, 2016 6:21 pm  #2745

Hair, check.  No fuzz, check.  Attitude, check.  Mr. Fashionable, check.      
(and I think he looks good either way…. a little rugged fuzz rather than full blown beard, after all)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 18, 2016 6:37 pm  #2746

Yep, perfect.

March 18, 2016 7:26 pm  #2747

I dislike tons of hair, but Martin's fuzz seems just right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 19, 2016 1:19 am  #2748

Vhanja wrote:

I prefer the Watson-style.

I agree; however, the Bilbo style is nothing to sneeze at. =)

March 19, 2016 9:54 am  #2749

Bilbo style is adorable. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 21, 2016 7:00 pm  #2750

How about adorable John + Mr. Fashionable style?   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 21, 2016 7:06 pm  #2751

Apart from the face fuzz, all fine.

March 21, 2016 11:18 pm  #2752

He looks like he was pulled from a scene in Paris or something.

Clueing for looks.

March 22, 2016 6:32 am  #2753

No, just an actor! Ha.

March 22, 2016 12:50 pm  #2754

Yitzock wrote:

He looks like he was pulled from a scene in Paris or something.

I was thinking Irish.  I guess because of the sweater.  Cute, though. Love the glasses.

March 27, 2016 2:51 am  #2755

From the Turkish "GQ"
http://gq.com.tr/galeri/ingiliz-takimi-sahlaniyor#p=8

Last edited by ukaunz (March 27, 2016 3:01 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 27, 2016 3:06 am  #2756

I'm using Google Translate to decipher the Turkish text with the photo, and it's coming up with some funny stuff!

"After David Brent dance moves, the most beautiful thing in the television series out of the Wernham Hogg Freeman we think. Dr. Sherlock's Benedict Cumberbatch in John Watson or a third prize with his film roles just as Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit man suddenly container. But Freeman, actually telling whether that was a sweet guy. He is looking for a bit darker roles and killed his wife in as if to prove it on the television series Fargo Lester Nygaard took on the role. Cruelty that come to mind fine spirit who will look so good?"

Or how about

"David Brent dance great figures in the television series The Wernham Hogg from the most beautiful thing Freeman muck. In the Sherlock Benedict Cumberbatch is nearing the Dr John Watson or Peter Jackson's await in the Bilbo Baggins in the secretarial services performed by fair such as the roles of the three prize more than the votes. But Freeman, actually up the sweet is not a man kept on. Looking for a little more dark roles and television series to prove it coincided in Fargo upon his wife who claimed responsibility for the role of Lester Nygaard. This slim cruelty spirit who thought it seem that to suit?"

This is the best I can do to make sense of it:

"After David Brent's dance moves, we think Freeman is the most beautiful thing to come out of Wernham Hogg. His portrayal of men such as Dr John Watson in Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock or Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit has suddenly grabbed three awards. But Freeman says he is actually a sweet guy. He is looking for slightly darker roles and took on the role of Lester Nygaard, who killed his wife in television series Fargo, to prove it. Who would have thought cruelty could look so good?"

I think I have too much time on my hands today.

Last edited by ukaunz (March 27, 2016 3:52 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 27, 2016 12:50 pm  #2757

Very good translation! I´m impressed!

Here´s Martin from Hobbit premiere in Berlin:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 27, 2016 1:54 pm  #2758

Great deciphering, ukaunz! That was something like what I got from the two "broken" translations, but I think you worded your translation very well!

Clueing for looks.

March 27, 2016 10:34 pm  #2759

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 28, 2016 1:00 am  #2760

So many hedgehogs!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera