BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2016 10:33 pm  #2621

Re: Favourite Martin pics

I think the mod was trying to be nice...we do have a rant forum, after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 20, 2016 10:43 pm  #2622

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 20, 2016 10:45 pm  #2623

I suspect I've said it before, but I am going to say it again: glasses Martin is my favourite Martin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 20, 2016 11:01 pm  #2624

Oooh...that's a really nice one, ukaunz.

Clueing for looks.

February 20, 2016 11:43 pm  #2625

mrshouse wrote:

My main aim is to concentrate on the wonderful chemistry of Ben and Martin, in which way ever it will turn out. No third parties.

In an ideal world, that's how it would be. And although I love the idea of Johnlock, I don't want to see it in the show. But just the idea of S/J's fantastically complicated friendship and camaraderie and their relationship in the work, that's all too precious to mess with, IMO.  Especially in a show with so very little actual play-time, I'm clueless about why TPTB had to bring in Mary.  And yeah, I know talking about that is really old news. I will just live with it--  the world doesn't revolve around me and my needs, after all.  lol

February 20, 2016 11:49 pm  #2626

Yitzock wrote:

If it were bad for the show, then they shouldn't have cast Benedict's parents as Sherlock's parents or Louis Moffat as young Sherlock............. .

The world is very small nowadays. With the internet, all the fans know about the stars' families and who's who. So yeah, I think particularly in this day and age, it's a big mistake to use real family members in episodic TV roles. Whether or not it was done strictly because of nepotism in this case, I don't know what TPTB's true intentions were/are, so I couldn't say. I imagine, for casual fans, who wouldn't know AA or Ben's parents if they fell over them in the street, it literally doesn't matter who is cast. Sometimes I think we all know too much, which is why we are sometimes dissatisfied by even minor things.

Thank God Martin isn't Ben's long-lost stepbrother or cousin or something, lol. Or vice versa.

February 20, 2016 11:51 pm  #2627

nakahara wrote:

.......This show is overflowing with nepotism... and I fully believe it would be a thousand times better if this would be avoided by the authors. 

Again, I still believe that casual fans would neither know nor care who in hell is cast in the show. I find the nepotism thing kind of bizarre, but we know very well that Mofftiss et al consider themselves clever in the extreme, so they probably thought the nepotism (even a dog!) was hysterically funny, all in good sport, and too cool for school.  Which as we know is quite subjective and always a matter of opinion.

February 20, 2016 11:56 pm  #2628

besleybean wrote:

I think the mod was trying to be nice...we do have a rant forum, after all.

Relax, bb.  A little short discussion never hurt anything, whether or not each of us agrees or not. But yes...  I was done anyhow, you'll be glad to hear!

February 21, 2016 12:06 am  #2629

Maybe we should open a nepotism thread?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 21, 2016 12:20 am  #2630

ukaunz wrote:

Maybe we should open a nepotism thread?

Always an option.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 21, 2016 12:24 am  #2631

He's doing the same thing with his sunglasses that my dad does (and I've seen Benedict do that also)!

Also, here's a screenshot from what I assume is an ad for WTF.  I am wondering what he is reacting to with that face.

Clueing for looks.

February 21, 2016 2:22 am  #2632

Is there any other face more expressive than Martin's?

By the way, I've opened a "nepotism" thread (sort of) here
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=6812

Last edited by ukaunz (February 21, 2016 2:24 am)

February 21, 2016 8:18 am  #2633

Perfect mime artist.

February 21, 2016 10:18 pm  #2634

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 21, 2016 10:22 pm  #2635

Another WTF photo, I presume? That hair...

Clueing for looks.

February 21, 2016 10:28 pm  #2636

Yes, it´s Whisky Tango Foxtrot. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 22, 2016 6:38 am  #2637

Don't like the beard, but it's for the role and the hair is great.

February 22, 2016 11:50 am  #2638

February 22, 2016 5:05 pm  #2639

Classic Martin.

February 23, 2016 12:01 am  #2640

The photos coming out of this movie are killing me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera