BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2016 4:52 pm  #2581

Re: Favourite Martin pics

I am very pro-snogging. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 17, 2016 10:57 pm  #2582

Cute photographer:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 18, 2016 1:10 am  #2583

Very cute!   And rustic!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 18, 2016 6:36 am  #2584

Mr Sex.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 18, 2016 8:11 am  #2585

John Watson, lovingly looking at his spouse:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 18, 2016 9:23 am  #2586

Gawd, how I hate that scene....
Yeah, definitely relationship goal....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 18, 2016 9:33 am  #2587

I can't help thinking, professional or no, how that must feel playing scenes like that when they are a couple in real life. How does it feel to have your actual partner look at you like that? Of course Amanda knows it's acting, but I'm still wondering about how that must feel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 18, 2016 11:30 am  #2588

That is an interesting one. I don't think about that very much, I'm quite sure that both are professional enough to leave that out.
But I think it's not a good sign if you think of the real life couple in scenes like this one. That doesn't make up for the astounding lack of chemistry Martin and Amanda have in this show. A proper casting could have done a world of good.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 18, 2016 11:43 am  #2589

Oh, I think they have tons of chemistry on the show! 

Edit: I just realise that was an odd thing to write considering I just started a thread asking what chemistry is.  What I meant was that I like how they portray their relationship, they feel comfortable around each other.

Last edited by Vhanja (February 18, 2016 11:56 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 18, 2016 1:21 pm  #2590

nakahara wrote:

Cute photographer:

dear sweet god almighty    *thud*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 18, 2016 1:24 pm  #2591

That really is a likebale pic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 18, 2016 6:31 pm  #2592

I like that photo from WTF. His smile is nice.

Clueing for looks.

February 18, 2016 6:51 pm  #2593

That photo is totally hot, saw it yesterday and thought "holy f***" 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 18, 2016 7:42 pm  #2594

Martin is hot as 7 kinds of hell in jeans.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 19, 2016 6:39 am  #2595

Oh I think he's hot both in and out of jeans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 20, 2016 1:13 pm  #2596

nakahara wrote:

Cute photographer:

Is this a new movie Martin will be in soon?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, you do realize that stands for WTF (what the f***) in the phonetic alphabet system. lolol

February 20, 2016 1:14 pm  #2597

besleybean wrote:

Mr Sex.

On a stick, I'd say. Yes.

February 20, 2016 1:16 pm  #2598

Vhanja wrote:

I can't help thinking, professional or no, how that must feel playing scenes like that when they are a couple in real life. How does it feel to have your actual partner look at you like that? Of course Amanda knows it's acting, but I'm still wondering about how that must feel.

I thought it was odd that TPTB cast her in the Mary role to start with. I really never quite forget that she's Martin's RL SO when I ever see them together on-screen.  It throws me out of the story, every time. And now apparently we're going to be stuck with the Mary character from now until eternity, so I guess I better get used to it.

February 20, 2016 1:17 pm  #2599

mrshouse wrote:

That is an interesting one. I don't think about that very much, I'm quite sure that both are professional enough to leave that out.
But I think it's not a good sign if you think of the real life couple in scenes like this one. That doesn't make up for the astounding lack of chemistry Martin and Amanda have in this show. A proper casting could have done a world of good.

What she said.  *points at mrshouse*

February 20, 2016 1:45 pm  #2600

Really?  I think they act fantastically together and I think their characters are well suited.

Board footera