BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2016 9:42 am  #2481

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Tired actor...
Though it can't be anywhere as bad as hobbit duty!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2016 4:54 pm  #2482

Still must be warm in that costume, though.

Clueing for looks.

January 6, 2016 4:56 pm  #2483

Yes, ironically he may have sweated off a few pounds!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2016 8:50 pm  #2484

Poor Martin, looks like a rough shoot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 6, 2016 8:53 pm  #2485

Yeah I thought that, he looks wrecked.

January 7, 2016 7:25 pm  #2486

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 7, 2016 7:26 pm  #2487

And to you, John.

January 8, 2016 5:28 pm  #2488

besleybean wrote:

And to you, John.

That scene was funny, knowing that Sherlock was literally hiding behind John in the carriage; John knew it, the guy in the street knew it, we all knew it, and lol how typical Sherlock that was.

January 8, 2016 5:35 pm  #2489

And did he kick John?!

January 8, 2016 5:54 pm  #2490

besleybean wrote:

And did he kick John?!

I think so. Or punched him in the arm or something. It was one of the moments during the show when my husband actually lol'd.

January 8, 2016 8:35 pm  #2491

I never really got that scene - didn't John kick Sherlock? But why?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2016 8:53 pm  #2492

Vhanja wrote:

I never really got that scene - didn't John kick Sherlock? But why?

Just being a pain, you know how Sherlock can be. And to confirm to the watching audience that he was indeed in there, hiding behind John.

January 8, 2016 9:57 pm  #2493

And also because, unlike John, he does not want to converse with the public who read the stories.  He doesn't care for being recognized by everyone, being a celebrity.

Clueing for looks.

January 8, 2016 10:25 pm  #2494

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 8, 2016 10:25 pm  #2495

Yitzock wrote:

And also because, unlike John, he does not want to converse with the public who read the stories.  He doesn't care for being recognized by everyone, being a celebrity.

But that's not why he gave John a shove as the carriage started up. That was why he was hiding, because of his celebrity and not wanting to be bothered dealing with the public, but not why he jostled John. But the jostling WAS funny.

January 9, 2016 1:08 am  #2496

Why do you say that? As I remember, it was as John was talking to someone who recognized him, but Sherlock nudged him, indicating he wanted John to stop so that they could get on their way.

Clueing for looks.

January 9, 2016 2:16 am  #2497

I agree with Yitzock. However, isn't it funny how many different interpretations can come from such a simple moment in a scene. No wonder we have a field day with the bigger ones!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2016 6:15 am  #2498

Yitzock wrote:

Why do you say that? As I remember, it was as John was talking to someone who recognized him, but Sherlock nudged him, indicating he wanted John to stop so that they could get on their way.

You're right. I started watching the episode again today, funny how I notice something different/more every time I see it. Sherlock's profile is clearly visible next to John in the carriage, and he thumps John to get his attention back on the business at hand.

January 9, 2016 8:37 am  #2499

Great scene!

January 9, 2016 2:56 pm  #2500

Since Sherlock kicked John immediately after the news seller asks "Is that him, is he in there" I assumed it was Sherlock's way of saying "Don't you dare drag me into this"!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera