BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2012 6:59 am  #201

Re: Favourite Martin pics

They are both adorable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 18, 2012 5:18 am  #202

December 18, 2012 5:28 am  #203

whistling in the dark wrote:

Delectable. Slightly stubbly. And button-fly jeans. Ooookaaaaaay...... *feeling a thud coming on*

December 18, 2012 4:24 pm  #204

December 18, 2012 4:25 pm  #205

With you all the way, AG.  Loved the face - then kept scrolling and saw those hands in the pockets.  Oh my.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 19, 2012 12:20 am  #206

December 19, 2012 3:00 am  #207

Thank you, whistling in the dark, for posting the links to your sources -- it's good information to have, and besides, when my browser doesn't load all the photos, I can easily load the missed items.

December 19, 2012 9:03 pm  #208

Carol the Dabbler wrote:

Thank you, whistling in the dark, for posting the links to your sources -- it's good information to have, and besides, when my browser doesn't load all the photos, I can easily load the missed items.

I'm happy that you find it useful. 

Source along with a lovely quote from Martin

"Part of my interest in acting, and in acting Bilbo specifically, is showing fear", Martin told us. "I don't believe it when I am not showing vulnerability on the screen or on stage. That is one of the best traits an actor can have. Because is honest. In fact, if it isn't honest then it's just a waste of time".

Source

[url=http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-martin-freeman-the-hobbit-is-bigger-than-you-are-20121217,0,2261880.story]Source[/url]

December 19, 2012 11:03 pm  #209

Kinda dorky and cute. OK, let me rephrase: kinda dorky and VERY cute.

December 20, 2012 6:52 am  #210

How is this dorky?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 20, 2012 6:45 pm  #211

Casual Martin isn't really working for me in this outfit. The pieces should work together, but somehow they just don't. Maybe a different jacket? I dunno. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 20, 2012 6:58 pm  #212

He looks perfectly fine to me.

December 21, 2012 10:45 pm  #213

"Part of my interest in acting, and in acting Bilbo specifically, is showing fear", Martin told us. "I don't believe it when I am not showing vulnerability on the screen or on stage. That is one of the best traits an actor can have. Because is honest. In fact, if it isn't honest then it's just a waste of time".

Freeman's ability to show vulnerability (and other aspects of honesty) is one big reason that his characters seem so real to me, and appeal to me so much.  This quote confirms that he's not doing it just because the scripts say to -- he feels that it's important, which delights me because that means there will be more of it.

Last edited by Carol the Dabbler (December 22, 2012 3:31 am)

December 29, 2012 5:25 pm  #214

January 1, 2013 5:14 am  #215

AG found this artist's rendition of Martin as Bilbo from 'The Hobbit' promotional poster (minus the sword) and wanted to share it.  The artist is Yuuza.  Nice sense of color.  This is what I call hobbit hotness

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 22, 2013 9:09 am  #216

I've never seen "Nativity", but that's great. What have I missed!

http://auntiesuze.tumblr.com/post/41158169021

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 22, 2013 12:05 pm  #217

Since I got 'The Office' I have to post this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 22, 2013 4:06 pm  #218

Mary Me wrote:

Since I got 'The Office' I have to post this:

Love his hair there. A totally cute man, inside and out. I imagine he's had times when he'd rather be drop dead movie-star gorgeous instead of cute.... but cute gets chicks too, lol.

January 22, 2013 4:27 pm  #219

Cute could get me every time! :-)

January 23, 2013 3:42 am  #220

Ivy wrote:

I've never seen "Nativity", but that's great. What have I missed!

http://auntiesuze.tumblr.com/post/41158169021

Oh..... my....        So I've slowly familiarized myself with a few other things Martin was in (partly thanks to this thread!), but had only come across a couple awesome-looking pics from Wild Target, and one cute little gif from Nativity... the rest of those have simply made it even much, much more necessary that I get around to seeing that film!  How is he always so hilariously adorable in the comedic stuff he's in?   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera