BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2012 8:30 pm  #181

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Mattlocked wrote:

Those facial expressions are always in almost any scene of Sherlock SO remarkable!

Hm... I think I have to watch all episodes once again next weekend - just for Martin's gorgeous expressions.
All science, you know. 

I never knew that science was so exciting. Nobody told me that back in my old school days...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 6, 2012 8:32 pm  #182

tobeornot221b wrote:

Oh, Sherlock?
Mmmm?
Didn't I warn you that you were never to wear that shirt in my presence again?
What? John, do talk sense.... John? John! Where are you running off to now? John!

December 7, 2012 3:17 am  #183

ancientsgate wrote:

You know, Ben gets a lot of kudos (and rightfully so) for the way he transforms himself into Sherlock. But look at this picture of Martin and how different the real Martin is from his John persona. John doesn't smile like this hardly ever.... he walks around with a constant Sherlock-induced headache, lol, plus who can smile when he's running full tilt over the London rooftops, finding heads and thumbs in the fridge, carrying on a conversation with someone who can't be bothered to unglue his eyeballs from a microscope, and constantly defending his sexual orientation? Martin needs a lot more credit for what he brings to the Sherlock franchise. Wonderful actor. And cute. Did I add that he's very very cute? Yes, he is.

The sidekick always has a harder time making a name for himself when he's working beside a larger than life character, which Sherlock definitely is. And, Martin certainly holds his own beside Ben and, to many people's credit I think they see that. He's the one we relate to and sympathize with. That BAFTA certainly goes a long way to proving people are aware of his immense talent and what he brings to the show. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 7, 2012 5:45 am  #184

from this evening's New York premiere:

December 7, 2012 8:28 am  #185

December 7, 2012 8:53 am  #186

December 7, 2012 12:38 pm  #187

Sherly wrote:

Oh, this is a mime. I thought he was a clown at first. Same diff, I suppose. I hate clowns. Take it off, Martin, quick!

December 7, 2012 2:44 pm  #188

ancientsgate wrote:

Oh, this is a mime. I thought he was a clown at first. Same diff, I suppose. I hate clowns. Take it off, Martin, quick!

At least he's got a striped jersey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 7, 2012 8:06 pm  #189

ancientsgate wrote:

... But look at this picture of Martin and how different the real Martin is from his John persona. John doesn't smile like this hardly ever....

Of course, his public persona may be basically another role -- sometimes he plays "John Watson," sometimes he plays "Bilbo Baggins," and sometimes he plays "Martin Freeman" (with the latter being an improv role).  Although some people seem to be pretty much "what you see is what you get," I suspect that most of us role-play to some extent (for example, a receptionist or a restaurant server who's any good will project cheer, despite today's headache or last night's argument).  It's a way of interfacing with a world full of strangers while maintaining a private core.

December 7, 2012 8:43 pm  #190

ancientsgate wrote:

Oh, Sherlock?
Mmmm?
Didn't I warn you that you were never to wear that shirt in my presence again?
What? John, do talk sense.... John? John! Where are you running off to now? John!

Now, now, AG.....too many "Johns"!  Yeah, you know what I'm talking about! 
(Sorry folks - inside joke).  Tee Hee *runs away laughing*

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 7, 2012 11:50 pm  #191

Looks like Marcel Marceau! I like the pierriot makeup even though I am not keen on ordinary clown makeup ( my daughter is positively petrified of them). Petrushka?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 8, 2012 1:51 am  #192

December 8, 2012 2:15 am  #193

whistling in the dark wrote:

Source

I like a picture that shows his dark blue eyes. They so often look brown. Nice!

December 8, 2012 4:34 am  #194

Ok, I'm a bit tickled and just a little sheepishly amused to admit that while I looked forward to getting my Entertainment Weekly today (delivers on Fridays, and it's just fun to see all the latest out there), and while kinda figured they'd be highlighting the upcoming Fan Favorite of The Hobbit, I nonetheless made this kind of delighted 'eeeeee!' noise when I opened my box to find this:  ;D  *^_^*

(oh... oh!  and then they were even nice enough to be clued-in nice fellow geeks with all things entertainment (usually are) and had this on one corner of a page...      
Kind of a neat tie-in to have it in the same issue....  Not to mention whoever penned it up is also a geeky enough fan to have worded it as "Missing Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch's melodious baritone?"  ;D  ;D)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 13, 2012 2:37 pm  #195

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 13, 2012 3:58 pm  #196

This is my favorite picture from the London premiere.

December 13, 2012 4:32 pm  #197

Fabulous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 13, 2012 6:53 pm  #198

He's so handsome

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 13, 2012 10:44 pm  #199

Ivy wrote:

Did you guys see the pics of Martin meeting Prince William backstage at the London premiere?  William is apparently tall like a giraffe (6' 3" is what I heard), and Martin had to crick his neck to see him, lol. I'm so happy-happy that this big ol' world-wide stage is opening up for our boy; it couldn't happen to anyone more deserving.

December 14, 2012 6:56 am  #200

Board footera