BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2012 5:21 pm  #21

Re: New thoughts on why/why not & who helped &where is Moriarty's body

The interrogation by Mycroft et al may have been another catalyst for further change in Moriarty. He is obsessed with Sherlock even writing his name endless times all over his cell wall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 3, 2012 6:47 pm  #22

It could have been. 

Moriarty, in The Reichenbach Fall, romanticizes and even personalizes his conflict with Sherlock. Bringing in notions of fairytales and villains, making the fall both metaphorical and literal, Moriarty has transcended the mercurial realist he was in The Great Game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

September 12, 2012 9:28 am  #23

I agree that he is more playful in the Great Game, but he does have some scary psychopathic moments round the swimming pool. "That's what people DO!" 

As for the body theory...what about the newspaper headline at the end? And you can read some of the article underneath if you freeze frame. It mentions nothing of Richard Brook or Moriarty or there being two bodies, two deaths.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 13, 2012 12:18 am  #24

Good point. The headlines *should* have been speculating about murder-suicide or a suicide pact. Proof it is all an elaborate scheme involving Mycroft?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 7, 2012 12:02 pm  #25

I certainly think the(at the moment) lack of news about Moriarty is interesting...but maybe we will get all that next episode.
Currently, WHO actually knows Moriarty was on that roof? 
Tho I assume the police did search the roof, on being called to the scene...if they WERE called?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera