BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2012 9:17 pm  #1

Blackout (with Andrew Scott)

Did anyone see the three parter Blackout? BBC political thriller with Andrew Scott and Christopher Eccelston.

Just finished watching it today after downloading it a while ago and WOW, it was really amazing. I loved Andrew in it, he reminded me so much of Moriarty some of the expressions he gives, the way he delivers his lines and he got to keep his delightful Irish accent of course.

I got very distracted by him actually and completely lost the plot of the storyline at one point cause I kept freeze framing and taking screenshots of Andrew in interesting poses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 31, 2012 2:30 am  #2

Re: Blackout (with Andrew Scott)

I did and it was brilliant. Very typical Brit tv in that it's dramatic and a slow burn and several WTF moments. But all in all, it was GOOD.
Eccleston is of course, amazing. And Andrew Scott spends half the show angry and dirty. The lady who plays Ruth, Rebecca Callard, (GORGEOUS eyes) is very very good as well. And a sweetheart. I tweeted her afterwards and she responded!!! Just a thanks type thing but I squeed
I'd say if you can, watch it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

July 31, 2012 2:57 am  #3

I wonder when we're going to get it in the US. Anybody know? I was so impressed by Andrew in Sherlock that I can't wait to see him in his own show.

July 31, 2012 3:21 am  #4

Knowing the BBC...never. Because they just like to keep their stuff to themselves *pouts*

But that's ok, because I can watch iPlayer so muah ha BBC...Muah. Hah.
(I have a subscription to a program that allows me to mess around with my IP address. I only use it for good...never evil)

If you want to see him in something amazing, see Seawall. (Tissue warning)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

September 3, 2012 1:03 am  #5

veecee wrote:

I wonder when we're going to get it in the US. Anybody know? I was so impressed by Andrew in Sherlock that I can't wait to see him in his own show.

I can usually find BBC shows here in the USA. Sometimes I have to dig, but not very much (though I have yet to find The Look it up on tv-links.eu - it's there, and the links work.

I really like Christopher Eccleston. He was my first Doctor. David Tennant is my favorite but, as they say, you never forget your first Doctor!

Speaking of Andrew Scott's other work, have any of you seen Sea Wall yet? I think I may start a new thread about that. I'm interested to hear what others thought of it.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 3, 2012 1:28 am  #6

I've been hoping PBS would put Blackout in the Masterpiece lineup.

Andrew was good throughout Sherlock, but he just blew me away as Richard Brook in Kitty's apartment (flat). I almost believed him, and I knew the truth!

September 3, 2012 1:31 am  #7

Yeah, I was thrown by that part as well.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

October 23, 2012 7:02 pm  #8

Blackout is being shown on Ovation TV in the US tonight at 8 p.m. ET. This is the Premiere in the US.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 23, 2012 7:05 pm  #9

I saw it and loved it.  Andrew was magnificent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 23, 2012 11:22 pm  #10

I don't know if I get that, but I will look. Thanks!!!!

Board footera