BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2012 12:01 pm  #1

Hi everyone~

As you can see, I am obviously new and my name is Chloe, better to be known as AreYouTryingToDeduceMe on this forum ^u^
I'm not to be confused with the account of the same name on tumblr, just saying
Um so my favourite characters is Sherlock (obviously hahahah), Moriarty and Anderson, but not when they're in the same room XD
Hopefully, one day I will like to be become a graphic novelist (a fancy title for 'comic artist') and I've already made a Sherlock fanart on deviantart so yeah I would like to be on here daily, so I can hopefully get to know you guys better and be with my fellow Sherlockians haha ;U;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2012 12:27 pm  #2

Re: Hi everyone~

Hi Chloe,
welcome  - we love you to add some fun to our forum - so enjoy yourself!
I thought MY name was long, but AYTDDM beats it by far...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 29, 2012 12:36 pm  #3

Hi, Chloe. Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure we'd all love to see some of your artwork; if you're happy to share it, that is!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 29, 2012 12:39 pm  #4

Fine, so I will use "tobe" (as usually) and AreYou. 
Welcome here! Would like to see some of your fanart, so where can I find it?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2012 12:53 pm  #5

Squeeeeeee, thanks for the welcomes everyone! :D The link for my Sherlock artwork is here http://obnoxiousteacup.deviantart.com/#/d54rxnx and the rest of my gallery is here http://obnoxiousteacup.deviantart.com/gallery/
I'm almost finished two other Sherlock drawings in ballpoint pen, so I'll post them up here as soon as I've finished~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2012 1:27 pm  #6

Welcome to the forum Chloe. Hope you have fun here.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 29, 2012 2:43 pm  #7

Ah, so in real life you are an obnoxious teacup..?
Thanks for the link, you are very good in portraits!
I very much like Ruby and Digital Love reminds me of Pop Art.
I do some drawing and painting, too, but still have problems with faces. When I started sculptering in clay it became a bit better.

As you don't seem to have problems with criticism I may tell you: Regarding your Sherlock I agree in every point with ~CalixLove. Some proportions are not quite right, but I can recognize Sherlock which means you managed the most important part!
I can do faces of no-one special and they are quite ok, but I don't manage a special person so you recognize afterwards.
Then I think there is a bigger problem in portraying faces you "know" really good. IMO it's easier with "strangers".
Maybe the big eyes and the "female" mouth express (by mistake  ) some of your feelings for Sherlock..?
From Sherlock's big eyes I can easily see you also like mangas (I don't  ) and want to be a comic artist.
Looking forward to the ballpoint pen drawings!

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 29, 2012 2:49 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2012 3:36 pm  #8

Welcome, Chloe/AreYou! There's a thread for Fan Art on this forum, so feel free to share there. Hope you have lots of fun here.

The Barbie/Benedict is giving me a bit of a headache , but maybe it's just that pink isn't his color.

July 30, 2012 10:09 am  #9

Mattlocked wrote:

Ah, so in real life you are an obnoxious teacup..?
Thanks for the link, you are very good in portraits!
I very much like Ruby and Digital Love reminds me of Pop Art.
I do some drawing and painting, too, but still have problems with faces. When I started sculptering in clay it became a bit better.

As you don't seem to have problems with criticism I may tell you: Regarding your Sherlock I agree in every point with ~CalixLove. Some proportions are not quite right, but I can recognize Sherlock which means you managed the most important part!
I can do faces of no-one special and they are quite ok, but I don't manage a special person so you recognize afterwards.
Then I think there is a bigger problem in portraying faces you "know" really good. IMO it's easier with "strangers".
Maybe the big eyes and the "female" mouth express (by mistake  ) some of your feelings for Sherlock..?
From Sherlock's big eyes I can easily see you also like mangas (I don't  ) and want to be a comic artist.
Looking forward to the ballpoint pen drawings!

Yep, that's my usual username :D Just thought I'd mix it up a little haha!
Thanks a LOT :D Yesss, I totally agree with you; drawing famous faces is a beach. Your mind is all like 'don't worry, I've got this shit" but then your hand is all "NOPE, I'm making this as hard as possible" >______<
And you're completely right about how I feel for Sherlock, lmao. In the words of Oscar Wilde, "A portrait is not reflective of the sitter, but of the artist themselves." (wink wink nudge nudge) And I have an awful habit of accidentally enlarging eyes and lips >.> That's what happens when you read/watch too much anime hahaha!

Davina wrote:

Welcome to the forum Chloe. Hope you have fun here.

veecee wrote:

Welcome, Chloe/AreYou! There's a thread for Fan Art on this forum, so feel free to share there. Hope you have lots of fun here.

The Barbie/Benedict is giving me a bit of a headache , but maybe it's just that pink isn't his color.

Thanks guys! :333 I'll probably change the gif anyway veecee, but I just need to think what my new signature will be

Last edited by AreYouTryingToDeduceMe (July 30, 2012 10:11 am)

July 30, 2012 11:01 am  #10

A warm welcome from over here as well!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 31, 2012 6:56 am  #11

Pleasure to meet you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

July 31, 2012 11:19 am  #12

July 31, 2012 10:00 pm  #13

Welcome, Chloe! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 1, 2012 9:14 pm  #14

Hey Chloe. Welcome to the forum and can I just say I really love your choice of username. Makes me giggle.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera