BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2012 9:11 pm  #1

How many words

Not an original idea but fun never the less.
Challenge...
How many words of three letters or more can you make from the following phrase:

Sherlock Holmes consulting detective

You can only use the letters that appear (obviously) and can only use them the same number of times as they appear in the phrase. Plurals are allowed. How many words can you get?

P.M. Me with your list once you've had a go and I'll post the current leader and number of words found here.

Come on you lot! Don't just sit there looking vacant! Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 28, 2012 9:17 pm  #2

Re: How many words

Can I build German words?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 28, 2012 9:33 pm  #3

Wenn Sie wollen. Es ist moeglich. Aber ich denke Sie sollten aus Englisch schreiben. Oder? Sie koennen es in beide Sprachen schreiben. Dass auch ist eine Moeglichkeiten.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 28, 2012 9:37 pm  #4

I did my best in English... Well, it's late... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2012 11:32 am  #5

1. Skitty-37
2. Mattlocked -23 correct (top ESL performer!)

Remember to Private Message me your list for checking and then I'll post your results here.

August 6, 2012 6:36 am  #6

who gets to post the next game for this thread?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 6, 2012 8:28 pm  #7

Was hoping for a few more entries first.

August 13, 2012 11:52 am  #8

1. Monitaa-189
2.Skitty- 37
3. Mattlocked- 23

Board footera